Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Ep:605 Night Walkers (SPOILERS)
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Otis
Egyptaholic

The episode was irritating from the get-go. I thought Jonas eating the lollipop was because he had seen an old rerun of the show where Telly Savalas was a detective or a cop. Anyway, he was always eating a sucker!
I liked Teal'c. Liked Sam in leather and liked her joke/funny lines.
Otherwise, all I could figure was this was a set up for a bigger episode later in the season when they bring back te millionaire implantee.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-14-2002 11:40 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bellachikita

i guess it was an okay eppy. though there were some parts that were putting me to sleep, and i felt that it did drag on a bit for a while. But i liked how they writers managed to bring out some of sam's humour in this eppy. But what i hated was that there was no jack, and nobody (even sam) seemed to be all that devastated that he was still stuck in tok'ra world without a new host for his symbiote. But i guess this was one of those filler eppy's, but hopefully next weeks eppy will be the one to talk about. Can't wait.

Old Post 07-15-2002 05:39 AM
bellachikita is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bellachikita Click here to Send bellachikita a Private Message Find more posts by bellachikita Add bellachikita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LHG

What a crap episode.
It had it's moments, but overall just a really boring, uninteresting and pointless story. At this stage in the series, they should not be doing silly "filler" episodes like this.

However, I thought Jonas was pretty cool. But Jack's absence was very noticable. This episode just plain sucked.

"This is what you wanted, this is what you're gonna get!"

Old Post 07-15-2002 11:48 AM
LHG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LHG Click here to Send LHG a Private Message Find more posts by LHG Add LHG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

I felt it was very X-files too, and to be honest the NID is just starting to be a real drag of the story to me. I know every show needs some bad guys but I would have thought a million and one snake heads and an equal ammount of replicators filled that role a hundred fold.

I didn't even get the feeling of it being shocking to have a town full of Goa'uld, simply because they didn't seem at all like Goa'uld. More like zombies. They said things like "we have some un-envited guests in town", I would have prefered a flash of eyes and a heavy Goa'uld dialect to shine thru as he says "We have two humans and a Jaffa in the area, see that they are watched."

The ep had it's moments tho, let's hope this CGI is being saved up for something special.

Old Post 07-15-2002 02:28 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Yeah I liked it. I would have liked to have seen the voice changer to make you have a Goa'uld voice. Also loved Sam in the leather. Hhhhmmmmm

Old Post 07-15-2002 07:16 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I'm torn. I can't figure out which ep is more s***, Nightwalkers or Frozen. Let's see.
Frozen is an important episode in terms of the ancients mytharc, it just happened to be a little boring. Nightwalkers is a relatively unimportant, boring as bat s*** episode.
Frozen is disappointing because it's supposed to be important, Nightwalkers is disappointing because it's crap. I'm torrrrn.

quote:
*The Goa'uld were dumber than a box of rocks.

...so I'm not the only one who was sitting there wondering why the Goa'uld were so stupid? I understand they're supposed to be 'young' and unable to fully take control of their hosts, but what the hell? Maybe they engineered them a stupid gene when they cloned them. But it's not just that they were stupid. They were also surprisingly unaggressive for Goa'uld. Think back to The Enemy Within and the goa'uld in Kawalsky.
quote:
*Being implanted with a Goa'uld isn't as traumatic as it's made out in some episodes.

I agree. Remember when Sha're was gettin' her goa'uld in CoTG and the loud intense music going on and the closeups on everyone's faces... Maybe this is just part of the evolution of the show *shrug*

I'm laughing my arse off at the idea of Jonas being sg1's Pinocchio...LOL His character is not growing on me, I must say. And what was with the scenes in the bar with Teal'c. When he waved at the other people in there, trying to be friendly....was that supposed to be funny?
That's another thing I noticed in this ep. In the past, even if an episode was bad, there was usually at least one or two good lines in it. This episode lacked that too. The funniest part was when Carter slapped him.....and I mean that in a totally sadistic way >=)

Old Post 07-16-2002 03:49 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Axinne
Ya sure ya betcha

ok, I thought that Nightwalkers was gonna be a filler ep and totally suck w/out Jack, which is confirmed by you guys, so I didn't watch or tape it. Now I'm seriously pissed about missing it for two reasons: Sam in leather pants and Sam slapping Jonas. GOD, I am mad I missed it!!!!!! Just for those reasons, too bad I dont know anyone near me who likes the show that would've taped it
Anyone live in McHenry County, IL? That taped it???? Or knows of where I can get pics of Sam slapping/in leather on the net???

Old Post 07-17-2002 03:23 AM
Axinne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axinne Click here to Send Axinne a Private Message Find more posts by Axinne Add Axinne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I liked it, even in squinty-vision.

It showed a new team dynamic and showed that Sam could handle being in charge... and not be tied into a purely logical/scientific stream.

This episode was more of a "rounding out" episode that showed that the fight isn't exclusively out there.

Jonas is played as an almost naive "GIGO" machine...

...Garbage in, garbage out.

He remembers the data... just doesn't synthesize new stuff quickly or creatively so far. He's actually a lot like Sam way back when.

Jonas's character, if it's allowed to develop along a healthy line, will need to incorporate this.

As to never being snuck up on...

...He's still limited to the set of basic human senses.

Line-of-sight still applies, as do other factors.

Jack's character, for whatever reason, was left out of this one.

Jack's input, as others touched on, may've unbalanced this episode and not allowed it as a vehicle for showcasing the newer, more mature Samantha Carter.

I mean, really, he'd'ave been "large and in charge" poppin' Goa'uld left and right, probably.

All in all, "Seth" sans Jack and Dad with a touch of X-Files...

...a touch of the good X-Files.

It just sucked for "shippers" and "xenophiles".

(Was that Danny Bonaduce as the Deputy/NID agent? And did Peter DeLoiuse come out of the resturant they ate breakfast in?)

Oh, and...

The reason the Goa'uld were sans Naquadah and possibly why they weren't quite "right" are they are freaking CLONES of the Goa'uld pulled out of the Russian's Jaffa in Desperate Measures...

...Also, unlike extra-terrestrial Goa'uld, these lack the technology base and Jaffa Hordes of their brethren, are somewhat unfamiliar with the terrain, have poorer quality hosts, and a low access to any sort of technological or social base.

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 07-17-2002 04:11 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

I agree with your comments, deathbunny--very good points....

Except that the episode just didn't feel like a Stargate episode, even accepting the lack of "shipper factor." I think it looked really good on paper, and just didn't get executed well. Maybe if the goa'uld threat was made explicit very early, and they were a little more goa'uldish?

Anudist's comment about not being very shocked at a town full of goa'ulds hit the mark...... that should have sent the audience into at least a moment of shock and horror---that the goa'uld, instead of taking over using major force and power, were quietly sneaking up on us past our flanks....

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 07-17-2002 10:20 AM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiosity

Ok just a small bit I noticed...

Bar scene where the few guys approached them and said that it was their seats And the sherrif came in and Jonas went "Apparently we were in their seats.."

Jonas plopped down some money and before Teal'c left it rather looked like he took the money Jonas put there and left?

Mm prolly the SGC don't pay Teal'c well huh.

Old Post 07-17-2002 01:39 PM
Radiosity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radiosity Click here to Send Radiosity a Private Message Visit Radiosity's homepage! Find more posts by Radiosity Add Radiosity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

quote:
(Was that Danny Bonaduce as the Deputy/NID agent? And did Peter DeLoiuse come out of the resturant they ate breakfast in?)
No. Yes.

I also enjoyed Sam being in charge; this episode showed that she is definitely capable of it, and not just in charge of a scientific team, but a military team.

DB is quite right; these were clone goa'uld. Most certainly lacking in the quality of the original. When you make a copy of a copy of a copy, etc. Our cloning technology at present is hit or miss; it's a miracle the lab turned out so many viable clones to begin with, as most die early on.

Old Post 07-17-2002 01:53 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I don't know about freaking out over one of these Goa'uld getting out...

...Then again, when did they learn thay had the "flushing agent" in the syringe and what, exactly, it did?

More disconcerting should've been when they found out they couldn't detect them!!!

Also, this was not your usual Goa'uld MO...

...a little harder to connect with the feelings about the bigger, badder named Goa'uld.

Actually, for those that remember it, it reminded me of "War of the Worlds", the TV show... the pre-Adrian Paul season.

More investigative than scientific or actin, but with the Sci-fi background.

Not a "mainstream" episode, but a "rounder".

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 07-17-2002 04:55 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CynVision
SF TV kid

quote:
Originally posted by nug
...so I'm not the only one who was sitting there wondering why the Goa'uld were so stupid? I understand they're supposed to be 'young' and unable to fully take control of their hosts, but what the hell? Maybe they engineered them a stupid gene when they cloned them. But it's not just that they were stupid. They were also surprisingly unaggressive for Goa'uld. Think back to The Enemy Within and the goa'uld in Kawalsky.
I suppose that if you keep in mind the discovery that they're clones it begins to make a bit of sense that they'd be different and "domesticated" to some extent. It get pretty tiring keeping the town locked down if the clones would decide to wander and seek to take over America. But heck. They knew enough from the genetic memory to want off the planet and enough to build a ship. Cloning is such a new science. I think even the NID don't know enough to do much altering in the clones apart from the sulfur weakness. If the NID altered their brains it's implying that the genetic structure of Goa'ulds is as simple as that of fruit flies or earthworms. That don't jive for a creature with higher intelegence. Nor for racial genetic memory which would have reduncies to being "lost" already built in to the RNA/DNA system.

And seeing that they sprung all from the same "parent" Goa'uld, wouldn't they know they're being used, watched and exploited by the Earthlings?

Last edited by CynVision on 07-17-2002 at 07:44 PM

Old Post 07-17-2002 07:36 PM
CynVision is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CynVision Click here to Send CynVision a Private Message Visit CynVision's homepage! Find more posts by CynVision Add CynVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Nightwalkers was an awesome episode! Definitly one of my favourites. This is why I watch stargate - to see good stuff like this.
It's one of the few non-offworld episodes that has been almost essential to the stargate plot. Finally we get to see a mixture between current issues in our own society mixed with a Goa'uld plot to take over the world. And infant Goa'uld at that, which makes the story that much more interesting.

Actually this is probably my favourite recent episode. And I think it's the first episode that the MacGyver guy hasn't ruined. WHoohoo!

GOOD WORK STARGATE PRODUCERS!

Old Post 07-30-2002 10:46 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

by the way - anyone who didn't think this was the best episode of season 5 needs to be shot and sent to burn in hell.

Old Post 07-30-2002 10:49 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote