Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > hackers
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

hackers

Thomas ward posted a pic of this forum in a public thread. Did anyone give that pic to him?
I think there might be hackers here.
Chameleon reckons she's been in contact with one gaters.net member who has successfully hacked into a moderator's account on this website.
she won't tell me who, and has said a few other things which indicate to me there is a bunch of people out there who may be trying to do something to this site.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-22-2002 06:22 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

No, i think i was as shocked as you were to see that...
I know that people have been able to read what is being said by in this forum by us, but thats only through the search-last-post function on moderators... Its certainly not viewing the thread list.

I think Bose has something to do with it.

Old Post 09-23-2002 04:12 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

http://www.esregnet.co.uk/woot.gif

Old Post 09-23-2002 12:20 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Why do you think Bose has anything to do with it?

That website is owned by both Thomas and Bose. Both can access the site to upload images like that. It doesnt strictly mean its his doing.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 09-23-2002 04:40 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

*snorts with laughter*
Thomas Ward is the keeper

Old Post 09-23-2002 10:57 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

If they share the website, they share the responsibility. Bose should curb Thomas if he is going to breach the rules.

I dont think this is a laughing matter, to be honest.

someone needs to explain to Thomas exactly what a hacker is. doesnt do any damage? who freaking cares! most hackers dont do a thing, other than prove they are there. Thats the whole point. It's like walking into a top secret military area, even tho you haven't done anything wrong, they still have the right to shoot you on site....

and i regret implying that Bose and Thomas were the same person. i have always known that they are not, but was trying to associate Bose with thomas in the hopes that he (bose) would tell thomas to stop being a dick. Seems it did not work...

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 09-24-2002 at 03:06 AM

Old Post 09-24-2002 02:37 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Bose says that Thomas is a bit of a comdeian and he likes to get a rise out of people, but he's not a Gater. He's a dick getting a rise out of peeps. Goa'uld likes to get a rise out of people too, but he's a Gater and also contributes to other stuff. TW is not and should have been banned ages ago.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 09-24-2002 08:14 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

That is quite disturbing. Should he be banned? Somehow I don't think someone who can get their way into a private forum will be swayed by a ban. Thomas Ward stated so in a post.
I've upgraded the forum to a more secure version as a precaution.

Old Post 09-24-2002 11:06 AM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

omfg why is he even here!

Old Post 09-24-2002 12:49 PM
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

I'm back...just got my uni account sorted, but I already knew what happened, cause martyn messaged me.

Looking at that picture...can't we work out who's account he was using to look at it by looking at which threads have been replied to, and seeing who's posts corespond to that. Then, you know, they should maybe change their password?

Old Post 09-24-2002 03:44 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

You're right Mac. Indiana, did you give this picture to Thomas Ward?

Old Post 09-24-2002 10:42 PM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

"Maxine Planck" has started up, stating he/she/it is Thomas Ward and that he has dozens of aliases. We're somewhat tipping his hand, forcing him to uncover more and more of his dark secrets.

As to passwords, heck, I can't even remember my own at times. Lots of folks make a password associated with their internet handle. Mine used to be "sword" on other boards a long time ago. The key is to make a pw completely whacked out from your persona, like how Garibaldi's (the tough security chief of Babylon 5) password was "peekaboo"?something he was sure no one would have guessed being his pw.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 09-24-2002 10:53 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i dont think banning him would do much - as we've seen in the past, its just too simple for them to come back under other nicknames.

So he's a comedian. sure fine whatever, i sometimes find his stuff amusing, but essentially he's a troll and an annoyance, and people shouldn't encourage that.

Now, however, i'm very worried what else could happen if he got as far as using another mods account, stealing a password, or hacking, in order to gain access to this private forum. Worst of all, he's exposed a weakness, and may encourage others to try and see what's 'behind the curtain'....

Old Post 09-24-2002 11:11 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

I did not give this image to Thomas. if you look you shall see the last post was made on the 20th of september, when the original image was created on the 22/09/2002. Dont know what that means though.

Old Post 09-25-2002 05:05 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Mac
...Looking at that picture...can't we work out who's account he was using to look at it by looking at which threads have been replied to, and seeing who's posts corespond to that. Then, you know, they should maybe change their password?

Wouldn't work. Even if he was kind enough to include the screenshot of the entire page, it would still be a picture of written text. It would be all too easy for him to go into something as simple as MS Paint, copy and paste one person's name over the line that identifies the current user.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 09-25-2002 05:09 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote