Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > showtime's feb schedule
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skydiver

Unhappy showtime's feb schedule

Attention any/ all US Stargate fans. Are you tired of the seemingly ceaseless stream of re-re-re-re-re-runs?
And that's all we're getting if the recently posted February Schedule is anything to go by.
1/4 - The Fifth Man
1/11 - Red Sky
1/18 - Rite of Passage
1/25 - Beast of Burden
2/1 - Preempted
2/8 - The Tomb
2/15 - Between Two Fires
2/22 - 2001

If you are and would like to take the time Friday, why don't we let Showtime know Just how much we APPRECIATE their kindness in making sure we all have ample chances to see the first half of season 5 while they hold onto the last half like Scrooge clutching desperately to his last penny.

One suggestion?this Friday when you would normally be enjoying a nice new episode, take a moment to drop a line to Showtime and tell them just how you feel?.ok, POLITELY tell them how you feel.

Here's the link to the web page where you can write an e-mail to Showtime: http://www.showtimeonline.com/util/contact.cfm

Or if you prefer, here's their snail mail address:
Showtime Networks Inc.
1633 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

While we may be holding our hopes too high that it will actually change anything?at least we let the fine folks at MGM know JUST what we think of them.

Denise

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 01-03-2002 12:10 AM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

that sucks... but you should be even MORE worried...

http://www.scifiguide.net/stargate/...08898074,66036,

and then scroll down to the story with the headline "Terrorist attack holding up new SG-1 episodes"

the rest of season five don't look too bright for you guys

Old Post 01-03-2002 12:13 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I know skydiver, it's awefull. I am getting tired of these episodes, their good but I've seen each a couple of times, and I'm not talking about my tapes.

I don't know if I could tell them politely but they probibly won't change anything. It's too small of a time frame. They won't have to worry about the show after the next couple of months. You have a good idea, don't get me wrong, and go for it if you want but I don't think they'll budge. Hopefully, I'll be wrong.

We'll be lucky to see S5 once, much less twice. Maybe Scifi will be better to us.

*Lee gets a kleenex for himself and Skydiver.*

Old Post 01-03-2002 12:50 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

When I saw the title of this article on STARGUIDE I thought of this thread. Its called Showtime holds new episodes till...March?.

The name is self explanitary. This may be based on the info that inspired this thread but here is some info to read. So sad...

Old Post 01-03-2002 11:16 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

How come you are only getting to see those episodes now, and we saw them all ages ago?

Old Post 01-04-2002 05:01 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sailfin
Dragon Lady

They are getting re-runs of the first half of Season Five and from the reports will not get the rest of S5 until March.
I HATE showtime and i am not even american, after all they want let non US people on there site!!

Old Post 01-04-2002 07:26 AM
sailfin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sailfin Click here to Send sailfin a Private Message Visit sailfin's homepage! Find more posts by sailfin Add sailfin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

AWWW crud.... I was gonna be all clever and say goto safeweb.com, and I was trying it out, as you might have beeen able to get into it then, and what happens? well, goto the site yourself and see whats happened to safeweb.com, cia had a hand in running the site, part of the US government, its all the bitch ladens fault, now I cant get onto showtime

Old Post 01-04-2002 09:56 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

How do they do that, must be a reverse hostname lookup or something, which cant be too hard to spoof.

Old Post 01-04-2002 10:15 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

And more to the point, why, do they think Bin Laden might try to get inside info on the show? What gheyness.

Old Post 01-04-2002 10:16 AM
president doc

lol, what it was was basically breating a secure path that your isp cant access, straight through their server somewhere in america, and they cant trace it back to you, equiv to 128 bit sec and blar blar blar, most likely CIA monitored, in which case, there wouldnt be much point in laden using it anyway lol, but, wither you believe what the company thats been giving out expensive free server time to everyone says, or its got something to do with ramping up security as they couldnt monitor everone that used the site etc. and showtimes just being sad, only for us nationals.... what if I was from america and just on holiday? THEN WHAT? DAMN THEM ALL TO HECK!

Old Post 01-04-2002 10:46 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sailfin
Dragon Lady

well the fact that people in the US can only use the site, they are holding back S5 until March and they cannot be ar*ed updating they own stargate site. MGM are fools for letting them show Stargate. Hopefully the Sci-Fi channel will keep the fans happy.

Old Post 01-04-2002 10:51 AM
sailfin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sailfin Click here to Send sailfin a Private Message Visit sailfin's homepage! Find more posts by sailfin Add sailfin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

It's so intensly stupid not to let overseas access their site. 1)How do they do it? 2)Why? (Seriously!)

Old Post 01-04-2002 01:46 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I don't know, I'm just sad that I haven't seen the new episodes yet. I want to see crystal clear digital picture of the new episodes. The more I think about it, the more I consider actally e-mailing showtime tonight when stargate comes on. Or move to the UK.

Old Post 01-04-2002 02:34 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
It's so intensly stupid not to let overseas access their site. 1)How do they do it? 2)Why? (Seriously!)

Good question. I just sent an e-mail asking them that.

If they deign to answer I'll let you know.

Old Post 01-04-2002 08:27 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by shiloh
I just sent an e-mail asking them that.

Really? Wow, good for you!! I'm definately interested in what their answer'll be....

Old Post 01-04-2002 08:32 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote