Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Coming up JAG's rear end...
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

I used to like it, but after watching a few eps. you begin to realise that they just recycle the same stories over and over and over...
Having said that, Clayton Webb is my fave character evar!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-24-2002 02:16 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Entity
Storm Chaser

Well maybe I should apologise to JAG fans out there, each to his or her own I guess. But there's one thing for sure: Stargate SG-1 rakes in 48% more viewers than JAG as at 7/11/01 said a Sun Herald report on the ratings war. They also pointed out that JAG's viewers were primarily 18-35yo males whereas SG-1's viewers consisted of most family members from age 10 through to 50. I was quite impressed. Humour struck me the next day when I overheard some school kids talking about a maths test which a group of boys failed. Their excuse was that SG-1 was on the study night before the exam. HAH! What a laugh!

Old Post 03-24-2002 11:14 PM
Blue Entity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Entity Click here to Send Blue Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Entity Add Blue Entity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Aliens, cute chicks with guns, cute (so I'm told) guys, intelligent conversation, and written at a 10th grade level...

...What else can you ask for?

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 03-24-2002 11:17 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

quote:
Originally posted by Deathbunny
Aliens, cute chicks with guns, cute (so I'm told) guys, intelligent conversation, and written at a 10th grade level...

...What else can you ask for?

... Aliens...? If i wanted them, i'd still be watching the X Files... (btw, lone gunman kicked ass)

Re: JAGs popularity.... well, it certainly seems popular, at least in the eyes of the channel execs - it has a regular season and time slot, and hey, they're still filming it, aren't they? Then again, i bet they got a huge payoff when JAG came down to film here in Australia.. (conspiracy theory much..? ) AAAAAAANYWAY - I used to be hooked. First season, before Meg left and that B**** Mac came in to take her place... (i could continue to rave about the stupid 'relationship' storyarc thats going on (they have NO chemistry), and JAGs pathetic portrayal of Australians etc etc etc, but really it can be summed up that after Meg left, i lost nearly all interest. Now i only watch it because its the only 'military' i get, now that SG-1 is somewhere in tv limbo..

Old Post 03-26-2002 01:19 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I miss the Lone Gunmen too...

...At least they recognize that Australians are different...

...unlike what they think of Canadians, eh?

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 03-26-2002 01:47 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

yeah lonegun men was funny
with harm and mac
will they get with each other and get it over with
its always they want to but can't
and jag mostely only shows the bad things about the armed forces it mostly navy but as mac is in the army its got so of that as well as air force

Old Post 03-26-2002 10:36 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

is this thread about the jag cars

Old Post 03-26-2002 10:37 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

no jag the show read the whole thing

Old Post 03-26-2002 11:00 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
with harm and mac
and jag mostely only shows the bad things about the armed forces it mostly navy but as mac is in the army its got so of that as well as air force

Ummm... an explanation.

Mac isn't in the Army... She's a Marine, a member of the United States Marine Corps.

In the US Military, the Marines are seperate from the Army and are actually part of the Navy.

(That's why they work together.)

Except for the NAvy/USMC thing, the services' JAG Corps work seperately... Army for Army, Air Force for Air Force, etc.

Also, Harm is a Naval Aviator or Navy Pilot.

Both the Marines and Navy have their own Aviation assets, seperate from the Air Force and usually flying totally different aircraft then the Air Force.

Old Post 03-26-2002 07:59 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

quote:
with harm and mac

But it's not for the same reasons that, say, Sam and Jack cant get together (regs). Harm and Mac are just nouncing fools, they make me sick with their 'sexual tension' and the 'you need to figure out what you want crap... *deep breath* Then again, i dont know what irritates me more - Harm/Mac: they can but wont, or Jack/Sam: They cant but want to.. maybe.. or maybe not.. *ARGH!*

quote:

Then again, so do most other shows that involve 'Law' in any way, shape or form.
At least in Jag, despite the times that the armed forces are made out to be 'bad', they also show the honorable side of the forces.. sometimes to the extent of 'do gooders' and 'untoucable' (especially in the case of, obviously, Harm, Mac, Bud and crew..)

Old Post 03-27-2002 01:15 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

What's nouncing?

Ironicly, JAG's on right now, where I am.

And Mac was bawling over killing a guy who just tried to kill her...

...Sam wouldn't do that...

...She'd just look for another target.

WANTED

DEAD OR ALIVE

For Spamming and overtly flirting with a Mod...

...and bad artwork.

Last edited by Deathbunny on 03-27-2002 at 01:46 AM

Old Post 03-27-2002 01:36 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

well sorry about that guys i must not be into it as much as i think with me thinking that mac is in the army. i guess i need to catch up on the background.

may i ask who thats is?

Old Post 03-27-2002 03:54 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
well sorry about that guys i must not be into it as much as i think with me thinking that mac is in the army. i guess i need to catch up on the background.

may i ask who thats is?

For those among us not from America or those not "into" military stuff...

...It's not hard to get confused .

Both the Marines and the US Army do some of the same stuff and often use the same gear. As a matter of fact, when I trained for my first "job" in the Army (aka MOS), a third of my class were Marines.

Other than a few quirks about their BDU's (until the new USMC version is completely fielded) and knowing which green is whose for the Class B's (A type of uniform), it's difficult to tell the difference between Marines and soldiers to the layman.

The primary difference is what they do operationally...

Marines operate off Naval Assets (Read Amphibious Assault Ships and Helicoptr Carriers) to establish beachheads or other missions requiring small, light forces.

The Army takes care of everything else...

Old Post 03-27-2002 10:51 PM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

well i'm joing the airforce so i woun't have a prob then

Old Post 03-28-2002 04:15 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
well i'm joing the airforce so i woun't have a prob then

The good news is, if you do, except for the Navy (Who, even then often use the same insignia), all the other service's officer ranks are essentially the same (Warrant Officers the exception) and the enlisted ranks similar enough to know who's a what and how you act toward 'em.

The Marines are also changing BDU patterns, so they'll be easy to tell apart anyway...

...And chevrons on the sleeve are always USAF...

(Damned Navy...)

Old Post 03-28-2002 10:37 AM