Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > showtime's feb schedule
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
Lee a bloke's a guy.
Thanks, it's about time someone gave it to me in plain english.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 01-05-2002 03:20 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Im a mans man, and dont look at me funny keeper? seems very male,

The female webmasters that I've seen interacting with members on their site are a very rare bunch.... they have a certain style, then again, im stereotyping...

Old Post 01-05-2002 04:53 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Im a mans man, and dont look at me funny keeper? seems very male,

The female webmasters that I've seen interacting with members on their site are a very rare bunch.... they have a certain style, then again, im stereotyping...

Does this mean that if they are interacting rarely, then they are likely female, and hence it follows that the keeper is likely female? I mean, the mods, didnt the keeper email them or something and say, "Hi, this is James/Jane, the keeper at my site, I'd like you to be a mod" or is it some Captain Planet thing, so that when the various rings owned by the mods unite, the keeper comes flying out the ground or something?

Old Post 01-05-2002 10:27 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Wow, Captain Planet, I used to love that show!!!

I suppose the Keeper could easily have pm'ed them and said, "This is the Keeper, regards your wonderful behaviour around the forum, I wonder if you would accept the post of moderator...."

*waits for a mod to drop by and answer the million dollar question...*

Old Post 01-06-2002 09:53 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

We were just people who had been here since (mainly) the beginning, and he asked for volunteers.

But can we put this back on topic now?

Old Post 01-06-2002 09:57 AM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Quick question mac, why are some mod's easy going like you and some so up tight as others.

Old Post 01-06-2002 02:51 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Ok. oFFaL's not being uptight. It was really bad in the OT forum and I was on the verge of doing something myself (maybe not quite as drastic) I'd already posted a thread: 'a little reminder' and nobody took me remotely seriously. If giving warnings doesn't work what else is there to do?

Old Post 01-06-2002 07:03 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'm dragging this one back to the topic.

I spoke to a *human* at Showtime!

Didn't get much satisfaction, mind you.

Here's how the conversation went.

Me: "I'm calling to ask when you'll be bringing Stargate back."

Them: "We have no plans yet".

Me: "Why not?"

Them: "We're trying to find a spot for the last 10 episodes which won't disrupt existing programming".

Me: "But you already have a spot, you're running endless repeats."

Them: "Yes, but with only 10 episodes left it's a different decision".

Me: "But you've brought it back every year in January".

Them: "But this is different with only 10 episodes on Showtime left."

Me: "You know, there's a lot of Showtime subscribers who are very unhappy about this, especially since those 10 episodes are airing in
England".

Them: "They are????"

Me: "Yes".

Them: "Well.....that must be because of some international package MGM has".

Me: "It's pretty embarrasing, you know, for a North American show not to be aired here".

Them: "Hmmm. I'll put this down and pass that on".

So: here's the number 1-212-703-7302.

US PEOPLE: Call them. If they're going to ignore our e-mails, we can flood 'em with phone calls. One plea: be nice to whoever answers the phone. He
or she is just a peon, a foot soldier answering public calls. As anyone who's ever worked phones at a company knows, *be nice to the receptionist* if you want your call passed on.

Update: MGM's newsletter has no info on Stargate, but does say Jeremiah will be starting in March. Showtime has said that the return of Stargate will coincide with Jeremiah, so maybe this is a good sign.

I pasted this from another place, so I apologize if the spacing is goofy. Tried to fix it.

Old Post 01-14-2002 04:17 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by shiloh
I'm dragging this one back to the topic.

Me: "You know, there's a lot of Showtime subscribers who are very unhappy about this, especially since those 10 episodes are airing in
England".

Them: "They are????"

Good for you!! Keep going! As long as it doesn't mean you start to get eps before the UK...

Old Post 01-14-2002 06:41 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by shiloh
"But you already have a spot, you're running endless repeats."

Them: "Yes, but with only 10 episodes left it's a different decision".

Me: "But you've brought it back every year in January".

Them: "But this is different with only 10 episodes on Showtime left."

That's what I don't like. This is the same situation as everyother year, but their putting it off so much more. Don't they normally have like 10 episodes in January, that's what I thought at least. Good job Shiloh, FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Old Post 01-14-2002 07:06 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Venus

Good for you!! Keep going! As long as it doesn't mean you start to get eps before the UK...

Agreed - the ideal situation would be that we *all* see them on the same day - or at least, w/i 48 hours. Wouldn't that be loverly?????

I do realize that the calls might not work, but they might. Remember: silence implies consent. If they don't hear complaints, they won't know we're mad. I seriously doubt anyone at Showtime lurks here. Sometimes I doubt they can read....

Old Post 01-14-2002 08:22 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I wonder if the scifi channel will air season 6 before you get the end of season 5 of course, here ar sky, it will all air as if nothing ever happened, without the slightest blip

Old Post 01-14-2002 10:14 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
I wonder if the scifi channel will air season 6 before you get the end of season 5
If I'm not mistaken then they can't show it at the same time. Once it goes to SCIFI Showtime no longer can show SG-1.

Old Post 01-14-2002 10:23 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

that cant be right - they can show SG-1, just not the NEW ones. heck, they paid for the first 5 seasons, they can do whatever they like with it really. It's the same with shows that air here on free to air (in aust, for clarification) that are repeated on cable channels - they HAVE to go free to air first, then cable can show them whenever they want..

come to think about it, that isn't the same situation at all. damn. Well anyway, Showtime have the rights to the first 5 seasons, and can repeat them, Sci-fi have season 6, and can air that, but not the other seasons, unless they buy them from Showtime. That is my understanding at least. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Old Post 01-15-2002 12:58 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Indeed that seems correct, Showtime can show season 5 anytime they damn well want, so if they wanted to be wanky about it, they could show the last half after or whilst season 6 is going on down there, so itll all be spoiled etc! sigh. Its times like this when I love Rupert Murdoch. ... aww I wuv you rupey..*huggles*

whats that margery? I love you too! I wuv you margery!

Old Post 01-15-2002 10:39 AM