Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Back seat gamers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AbydonianSky
You!! Off my planet!!

Talking Back seat gamers

To all gamers - recognise any of these????

The Tomb Raider rules of adventure game playing!

Move through every area slowly ? Apart from those times when you should RUN LIKE HELL.

If you hear creepy music PANIC & RUN LIKE HELL!

Don?t stand in any one place for too long for fear of being creamed by large falling objects.

NEVER turn your back on a bad guy ? they might bite you in the bum!

Never turn your back on a DEAD bad guy ? they still might bite you! Zoombiesssssssssssssssssssss admit it they are real.

Check everything, no mater how illogical, unlikely, or disgustingly gross. You never know what you may find. In fact, the more illogical, unlikely, or disgustingly gross it is, the more likely it is to be the right place.

If you have checked it once, or been there before, do it again at least TWICE again as things seem to change (like you don?t already have enough to do!) Hey sometimes go back whilst standing on your head ? it might make all the difference!

Back-seat gamers can be a MAJOR distraction. Especially if they try to be helpful, and tell you to ?go this way ? no the other way.?

Look at all the puzzles after generous amounts of ALCOHOL ? you?ll find they?re easier to solve, or by then you won?t give a rats @ss anyway.

If you get stuck, sleep on it. Long periods of game play means you?ll dream about it and the answer usually comes when you least expect it. Or are least likely to remember it.

A strategy book is not a CHEAT . Most of the games designers are on mind-altering substances at the time, (or crazy) so you won?t have a snowballs chance in hell if you don?t gain a strategic advantage somehow!!!!!

You?re supposed to buy the hint books! This is not only as you are unlikely to find all the hidden extras without one, it also provides money to the designers from copyright revenues etc?..

Enjoy ? it is supposed to be a game after all. Just keep telling yourself that, especially when trying to kill whichever idiot it was that?s just walked in front of the TV!!!!!

FINALLY ? Lara Croft should not be referred to as you dozy slut, (even after falling off the impossibly tiny, incredibly difficult to reach, platform it took 3 hours to get to - and you then realise you haven't saved the game.)

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-08-2002 09:56 PM
AbydonianSky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AbydonianSky Click here to Send AbydonianSky a Private Message Find more posts by AbydonianSky Add AbydonianSky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

There there i know how you feel with back seat gamers my father is one of them even though he has never even played most of the games that i have.......For that platform that took 3 hours to get onto i have made that mistake but now i save my game at just about every door jump or baddie. There is nothing wrong with cheats as most of the tiem the makers expect you to use them.

Old Post 10-09-2002 12:29 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Bugger that!

Just go play Rainbow Six in god mode with the victory objectives off, the big head mode on, and the squishy sound when they walk...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 10-09-2002 12:31 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Rofl, adventure games are way to tense Ever find yourself moving your hend to try and see round a corner on the screen?

quote:
If you get stuck, sleep on it. Long periods of game play means you?ll dream about it and the answer usually comes when you least expect it. Or are least likely to remember it.

Lol, that's happens to me all the time (not just for game playing).

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 10-09-2002 12:40 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote