Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Will you give Jonas a chance?
What is your attitude to Jonas?
Bring him on!
I prefer Danny, but I'll give him a chance
I hate him, bring back Danny.
Who is Jonas?
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

I think the daniel episodes where the best, but jonas deserves a chance because I have not seen much with him yet.

I agree with who ever said it, the teal'c soppy episodes are annoying :P i think the best ones are the sam carter type ones, using cool alien technologys to blow up suns, repair suns, steal ships, blow up ships...... blah blah blah.

which makes RDA even funnier when she 'tries' to explain to him whats shes going to do...

Thor Jr

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-01-2002 09:46 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

On that note, id love for them to be in a situation one day where Jack decides its time not to play the fool, and starts delving deeply into engineering and physics as he races against time to repair a piece of alien technology whilst simultaneously mowing down millions of jaffa.

Old Post 06-01-2002 11:32 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

When that day happens Doc I'll eat my skip hat

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 06-01-2002 11:36 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

But why will he need to delve deeply into into engineering and physics when he can just fix the device with some chewing gum and a matchstick?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-02-2002 08:14 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

O'Neill wrote:

quote:
I dont really care about danny coming back. I mean Shanks had good reasons. I just hate that slimeball Jonas!

According to Brad Wright:

quote:
annwortham:
Brad, have you seen some of the reaction to Jonas from fans who have seen Meridian? He isn't very well liked.

Brad Wright:
Not true! He's only not liked by Michael's devoted fans.

stargate_heart_soul:
Mr. Wright, have you even looked around? No one has to be 'devoted' to Michael to not like the idea of a coward, liar and thief suddenly merrily romping along with the friends of a man who he allowed to die without trying to aid in any way.

Brad Wright:
You must be one of the people who won't be watching the show anymore. And it's a shame you won't find out what a great character Jonas is becoming.
-- Brad Wright, Lycos Chat, 28 Feb 02.

O'Neill, don't you know that only rabid, hysterical, middle-aged female Danielites dislike Jonas? He's a great character, there's no reason whatsoever to dislike him.

Old Post 06-02-2002 08:06 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rainbow

Only seen Meridian so have to say give him a chance, Loved DJ though!!!!!!!

Old Post 06-02-2002 09:50 PM
rainbow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rainbow Click here to Send rainbow a Private Message Find more posts by rainbow Add rainbow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

meooooooooooooow... fricken idiot. how dare he/she speak for the rest of the fandom. just because people like us aren't vocal on lists and newsgroups and clubs and chats, doesn't mean we are any less fans of the show. I like to think we are more devoted to the show as a whole (ie: the science, religion, etc) than any other 'dedicated' group out there.

idiots.

Old Post 06-02-2002 09:58 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

My point was it's not only MS/Daniel fans who dislike Jonas. O'Neill has stated HE doesn't care about Daniel either way, but HE still hates the character. I also find Brad Wright's dismissal of any criticism of the character as whining from MS fans to be both rude and inaccurate.

Old Post 06-03-2002 03:41 AM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I find the fact that people have already judged Jonas from 15mins of footage, on the whole, annoying. As is Brad's dismissal of the criticism.
But to get this thread back on track, def prefer Danny, I watch all early season eps with a touch of sadness now :P, but will give this Jonas chappy a go...hell it's only one season.

Old Post 06-03-2002 05:16 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Ya know what? If you're determined to hate Jonas, fine. But many of us have open minds and are willing to give the guy a fair chance. That's only fair, both to the character, the actor, the rest of the cast, the writers and the producers.

Last edited by shiloh on 06-03-2002 at 05:47 AM

Old Post 06-03-2002 05:27 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

rude and innacurate? I think it was rather kind! considering that Brad and others at the studio were sent abusive letters by those 'fans', not to mention just the flood of general 'but whhhyyyyyyy!!!! *stamps foot* you're not nice, bring him back, we want him back NOW!' kinda letters and petitions (probably not an exageration, or at least, not far from the truth).

And guess who they were from? mainly daniel/MS fans. *mock look of horror*

Old Post 06-03-2002 07:05 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

lol... this threads schooo schweeeeeeet!
Urm, I think I went for bring him on, but really, I would have liked to have a dont really mind - whatever option.

Old Post 06-03-2002 07:57 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Maybe they anticipated that half (not using that figuratively) of the fans would be Jonas haters, thereby pushing the other half into Jonas fans, before the next season had even started!!

Old Post 06-03-2002 09:34 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

To tell you the truth, I dont think they gave a monkeys arse.
Who cares, what is done is done, most people will carry on watching the show.
Michael Shanks isnt bigger than the show, no one is.

Old Post 06-03-2002 12:43 PM
skydiver

i'm gonna get to know jonas before i decide whether or not i'm gonna be bringing out the voo doo doll. his 10 minutes of airtime in the swiftly cobbled together meridian just isnt' enough time to get to know him

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Old Post 06-03-2002 10:59 PM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote