Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate turning into Star Trek???
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

So.....it's a sci-fi TV show......This thread could turn into stargate becoming more like lexx and some of the same things would be said.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:42 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

Red face

i was only joking about star wars earlier.

the new lotr film is crap like the rest
i know i just pissed aload of people off
and for the perons who called me a ****ing idiot
gene roddenberry created a crap series
rick berman picked the series up
if you are trying to tell me that none else would 0of come up with the idea of intergallactic space travel well

Old Post 12-13-2002 09:40 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by alex8472
i was only joking about star wars earlier.

the new lotr film is crap like the rest

like the rest of what? lotr was the only thing mentioned of it's genre in this thread! unless you're linking it with star wars and trek... in that case do you even like sci-fi???

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:26 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itssoLARGE

Also, the moral/philosophical spin on the episode at the end seems to fit with startrek a lot

Old Post 12-14-2002 07:44 PM
itssoLARGE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for itssoLARGE Click here to Send itssoLARGE a Private Message Find more posts by itssoLARGE Add itssoLARGE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Retracting all posts in this thread

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:06 AM

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:31 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
like the rest of what? lotr was the only thing mentioned of it's genre in this thread! unless you're linking it with star wars and trek... in that case do you even like sci-fi???

i have watched enemies and exodus
every night for a year does that tell you if i like sci-fi

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:01 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

No it says you're addicted, do u think smokers actually like smoking? Just giving another point of view.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:58 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I think it's inevitable that SG will have similarites with other shows, and I guess also inevitable that it will with ST seeing as they're so similar in genre. Doesn't mean it's turning into Trek.

Old Post 12-18-2002 09:11 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

lol, nice way to put it anubis

You could find similarities between any two shows if you want to Some of the stuff that's been said comparing gate to trek is just nit-picky in my opinion

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:07 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

Well, apparently, Shakespeare also had this problem, which is why he stole from Boccaccio and others.

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:08 AM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
No it says you're addicted, do u think smokers actually like smoking? Just giving another point of view.

yes i am addicted to stargate !!!!!

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:50 AM