Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Has anyone noticed how good the acting is on SG1!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MPH

Has anyone noticed how good the acting is on SG1!

The way the actors put there own personal touches to the characters makes them come more to life and be more believable. Sometimes you have to wonder if there ad-libbing the whole time.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:31 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

yeah, especially RDA..I wonder if he actually HAS any lines

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:33 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I know!!! i know sooooo many countless parts that were just made up on the spot by the actors. theyre soooo good!!! especially AT!!!<g>
and yes Pres Doc, so true

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:40 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zak Fox
Mmmmm Snu Snu

They are good actors aren't they.
Aparently they changed Jack's character from the movie to the series just because RDA wouldn't play the kind of Colonel from the film.

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:49 PM
Zak Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zak Fox Click here to Send Zak Fox a Private Message Visit Zak Fox's homepage! Find more posts by Zak Fox Add Zak Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

Yeah. I thinl TPTB calls RDA a producer partly because he ad-libs everything and makes it sound incredibly funny as well.

Especially in Allegiance....

Spoiler:

...when Sam went into a huge thing about the reactor and wavelengths and so on, and RDA says "Look, are we gonna make this invisible guy visible?" and when she says yes, goes on to say, "That's all I need to know!"

No NUKAGE yet!

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 11-09-2002 at 12:07 AM

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:52 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zak Fox
Mmmmm Snu Snu

i know the basic principle behind them...
It has something to do with making the words the same color as the background

Edit// Yeh like that.

Last edited by Zak Fox on 11-09-2002 at 11:17 PM

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:56 PM
Zak Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zak Fox Click here to Send Zak Fox a Private Message Visit Zak Fox's homepage! Find more posts by Zak Fox Add Zak Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam fan

All the actors are great. I don't know how CJ keeps a strait face. Amanda is just great with all thhe techno babble and everythng elce.Rick just cracks me up soooo much.

Old Post 11-09-2002 12:53 AM
Sam fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam fan Click here to Send Sam fan a Private Message Find more posts by Sam fan Add Sam fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

Oh yes...very good acting indeed. RDA of course as we all know adds his own touches to it (so damn funny) AT has said in interviews that she actually researches stuff before doing the eps. Everyone on SG-1 does a terrific job imho.

One big thing that I see in Stargate is if you watch their facial expressions and such, especially with sg1 people because they work so well together, you can see that connection there and it is very present in their acting.

lol its also funny if you pay attention to the small things that go on in the background and such. (example: in Serpents Venom when Jacob tells Jack to drive the ship for a minute, well why everyone is focused on Sam, Daniel and Jacob, look in the background and you can see Jack, waving away the mines with his hand) lol thats funny stuff.

Old Post 11-09-2002 03:50 AM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

yeah i think that one of the things that makes the show so attractive to me, is the humor of Rda, and the acting of the rest of the actors, they are very good at what they do

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:47 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zweski

Teal'c

teal'c is becoming more human-like recently.. has anyone noticed? He's even almost smiled a few times recently in season 6!

Old Post 11-09-2002 12:19 PM
Zweski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zweski Click here to Send Zweski a Private Message Visit Zweski's homepage! Find more posts by Zweski Add Zweski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

and hes finally learning to tell some funny jokes

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-09-2002 12:25 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enami
Amigos de la puerta

they are fantastics!I think that they enjoy playin their characteres.RDA is sooooo funny,and AT transmits very feelins with her eyes....and CJ is wonderful,that expression in his face..it is impenetrable.

Old Post 11-09-2002 12:46 PM
Enami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enami Click here to Send Enami a Private Message Find more posts by Enami Add Enami to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

with the increasing amount of shows\films with abismal acting, it's nice to see something so good

Old Post 11-09-2002 01:58 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Which would mean CN can take a mixtuer of tealcs old role and Jacksons old role if he does come back.

Just sometimes I think the funny O'naill is played a little too much.

Old Post 11-09-2002 02:02 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I won't really think the acting is that great until I've seen them acting in another role which is completely different. then I can appreciate the personal touches they put in.

Old Post 11-10-2002 12:53 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote