Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > is no one going to talk about Abyss? (spoilers)
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

I loved this ep. One of my top 5 episodes.. bit it wasn't JUST because of Daniel.... I think.

But I think Daniel did give Teal'c the idea.. he told Jack he hadda 'do something'.... what else could it have been? It was so sweet though.. I love at the end how he 'thanks' him. heh...

Was I the only one effected by Jack being used as a pin cusion? (after just watching the JAG final, I'm very touchy about my fav characters getting bad treatment) I really felt his pain. And it was hard seeing him crack. It's like the whole speical ops training and stuff makes him resistent to torture.. I'm wondering if anyone else could have lasted that long.

It's interesting about Jack and the naquada.. 'cause in Nightwalkers those Goa'ulds didn't have naquada in their blood.. and Sam only had the proteen marker thing 'cause Jolinar died IN her. And Jack woulda died himself after Kanan left him..
I reckon Kanan jumped ship to stop the Goa'uld from taking what ever knowlage he possesd... sure enough in the fact that he didn't share memories with Jack. (thou how he managed that is a mystery, because even the Goa'uld hosts retain memory.. Skaara knew exactly what he was doing.)

But, enough going on. Looooove the ep! And bring back MS for good!
(I'm more comfortable with Jonas now.. we can keep him too. )

Oh.. just before I go, I think Danny-boy does spend time at the SGC.. you remember at the end of Revelations, Jack felt that wind thing? *nods and grins*
He's still around.

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-20-2002 04:17 PM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Hmmm. Re: the whole Daniel interfering, but not interfering beyond showing up and offering ascension (which is interfering if you ask me)...he mentions that the 'others' would stop him if he went with all the rain, wind, fire and brimstone etcetc.
I wonder, since Oma helped him ascend, and because she was an outcast of her kind like Orlin, whether they're permitted to help people ascend. Surely what Oma did with all the lightning in Maternal Instinct, would be against their 'laws' and count as interfering...and we didn't see the 'others' stopping her there. In which case, if she helped Daniel ascend, that may well be against their 'laws' too, which would make Daniel as much of an outcast as Oma and Orlin. In which case Daniel could well have blasted Jack out of there without the 'others' stopping him. Then again the 'others' were watching over Orlin when he stopped them firing the weapon. Hmmm I'll shutup now.

Oh and I think Daniel put the idea into Teal'c's head. Why else would he say he had to go and do something...?

Old Post 07-20-2002 05:01 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

quote:
Originally posted by KMInfinity
~I agree with kmg that this episode implies Daniel is "hanging out" at SGC--Why can't he appear more, then? Like at Jack's bedside, what's the deal where he couldn't appear to all for a moment and say hi? Ascending means cutting off all past connections? Then WTF is he giving Jack moral support for during the torture ordeal?.....methinks I smell a conflict in Daniel about his ascended status. Maybe he didn't truly give up all of his "burdens" and ends up [b]unascending? descending? returning form the heights...whatever...

I got the impression that Daniel wasn't allowed to reveal his presence at all, except that he could for Jack because Jack's death seemed inevitable, and Daniel was just there to ... what was his term? console a friend?

But I love the thought that Daniel is always watching them. And I love that this show hasn't in any way "moved on" from Daniel's character just because the actor is no longer on the show. We get constant references to Daniel, and hopefully the writers will keep it up.

Old Post 07-20-2002 05:48 PM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

i loved this ep. the jack/daniel scenes were good, but i found it much more interesting to see jacks character change through the ep, from witty, sarcy jack we know, to becoming slightly mad jack.

i think this was reflected in the way he severaly beat the guard after he escaped from the cell.

Ba'al was wonderful, he didnt lose, and he didnt win either. he was menacing, evil, witty and was played very well. i think the acting all round was pretty good, and as has been said Jonas seemed to be much more at ease now.

i also liked the whole "yeah well jonas is at least as smart as you" from jack, showing that he does appreciate jonas in some sense.

the music in the ep also added to th tension and emotion, i found it to be quite good a new few peices which really added to the ep, and the standoff with hammond and the tokra were also classy.

Old Post 07-21-2002 12:54 AM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ArcChaser
flightless water fowl

Thumbs up

I loved it! This was the first one since Daniel's departure that I've watched in it's entirity. (having a hard time adjusting to the look of it on SCIFI)

I was thrilled to see the bantering between Jack and Daniel was still there. It seemed to reach a new level. I think this time we actually got to see more of the friendship that existed. A lot of "I do that for you" type of stuff coming from Jack.

I wish that the rest of the team could have seen Daniel when he went back to the SGC, but I understand why they didn't write it that way. It was about him and Jack. I think Sam needs to see him next since she seemed to be so shaken about everything during "Meridian". (no shippiness intended)

If they intend to have him come back in these instances, then it work for me. I like the idea of him being some type of watcher over them.

Just wish he was back for good tho.....

Old Post 07-21-2002 01:01 AM
ArcChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ArcChaser Click here to Send ArcChaser a Private Message Find more posts by ArcChaser Add ArcChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

Seeing Daniel made me realise how much I miss him in the show.

I wanted to see some proper action, and I started cheering when Jack punched the $hit out of that Jaffa when he was escaping.

Totally great episode.

History is on the move. Those who can not keep up will watch from behind. Those who stand in our way shall watch at all......

Old Post 07-21-2002 07:14 AM
In 2 Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In 2 Deep Click here to Send In 2 Deep a Private Message Find more posts by In 2 Deep Add In 2 Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StephSuperMom

Isnt Daniel supposed to be back again in a later ep? Or am I making that up?

I agree that Daniel gave the idea to Teal'c 'Cause Jack told him that he wasnt there and Daniel said he had something to do but hes back now and wouldnt leave till it was over. Then proceded to tell Jack that Sam, Tealc and "Jonas too" had come up with something. That Jack was right and there was always a way out

I agree that this just makes me miss Daniel more and that Im more comfortable with Jonas. Whose to say SG1 cant be a 5 man team. ;P

One of the best eps Ive seen in a while.

OK now lets start using the Stargate again and go on some missions. See what Jonas can do outside the SGC.

I'm not getting all my memos. -- Jack

Old Post 07-21-2002 01:22 PM
StephSuperMom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StephSuperMom Click here to Send StephSuperMom a Private Message Find more posts by StephSuperMom Add StephSuperMom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Captn Carter
Was I the only one effected by Jack being used as a pin cusion? (after just watching the JAG final, I'm very touchy about my fav characters getting bad treatment) I really felt his pain. And it was hard seeing him crack. It's like the whole speical ops training and stuff makes him resistent to torture.. I'm wondering if anyone else could have lasted that long.

I've never gone through SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) School...

...but in the basic Escape and Evasion training the Army recieves, one of the first things they tell you is that noone is going to resist a concerted interrogation for long.

And that's a "real world" sans sarcophagi...

They also implied he was there a while...

IIRC, this wasn't the first time Jack was a POW.

Didn't they mention he was one in Iraq?

(IIRC that was from the episode where the time dilation from the blackhole affected the SGC and a MAJ Cromwell came in to investigate...)

From what I understand from reading about and hearing about POW stories from WWII and Vietnam, a lot of the strength of resistance is simply strength of character...

...and everyone's different.

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 07-21-2002 03:23 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i noticed that jack looked a bit constapated when he was tortured.... he must have been thinking about sam (you would have to have been part of the shipper/ non shipper discussion to know about that )

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 07-21-2002 06:56 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

okay, i just watched this again and have changed one of my thoughts: now i think Daniel actually did give Sam and/or Teal'c their ideas, mostly because of the little music trill when Sam got her idea. And because when he was gone for a while and then came back, Jack asked and Daniel said he had to take care of something.

but the Jack/Daniel scenes were just as good, if not better than the first time i watched. :-) may have to watch it again just for some Mike Shanks drooooling.

Old Post 07-22-2002 01:53 AM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i thought mike shanks had more of a sense of humour this time round

Old Post 07-22-2002 06:16 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
i noticed that jack looked a bit constapated when he was tortured.... he must have been thinking about sam (you would have to have been part of the shipper/ non shipper discussion to know about that )

Thats the gravity working.

Old Post 07-22-2002 08:56 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

spoil our fun !
i think that eppy was the best of season 5 and 6 so far

Old Post 07-22-2002 10:38 AM
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

*laughs at the gravity working*

Hehe
And with what I said Deathbunny - I remember I THINK.. maybe in Hathor Sam mentioning something about Jack being more resitant to drugs and torture and stuff like that. I also read... at gateworld.com (again that's another maybe) that Jack was resistant to torture.

(and btw, I think it's cool you are/were in the army.. I want in! )

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 07-22-2002 10:41 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i was thinking about the air force but then i though .....nah

Old Post 07-22-2002 11:00 AM