Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > The Spin-Off Series
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Venus

lol. See, I have a point. Vaguely.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-05-2001 08:17 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Some films you just have to see on the big screen!
When Stargate first came out I wasn't that interested in it. Don't get me wrong, every time I saw the trailer I was like "Hmm,I might watch that" but it just seemed to me to be the usualy action flick and I hate Kurt Russell. I saw it after I started watching the series and loved it

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-05-2001 08:28 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Suffice it to say, the big screen is an experience in itself. When they're dialing up the Stargate the first time, as the room is rumbling and shaking as each sequence is dialed in, you get the sense that something is about to break into our tidy little world, that something big is about to happen. And then the Stargate opens (and this was one of the early days in full-on CGI effects), and you're left wonder, in those first few seconds of seeing it for the first time, "What exactly am I looking at there?"

Every possibility that flashes through your mind in that instance, the doorway that was opened in that flash of light, is well worth the price of the ticket I purchased to watch the movie.

And then there is the scene within the pyramid at night. Something big, and quite possibly very unfriendly, lands on top of the pyramid, and as the team moves through the darkened, dusty halls of the pyramid to investigate, there are those glowing, bejewled eyes, the strange harmonic of an alien voice, and the shriek of polished metal and energy fire. Seeing the scene bigger than life, with theater speakers around you, ranks right up there in the scary department.

Granted, you lose some of that after watching it again, after you know exactly what's going to happen next, but that first time should be a full-on cinematic performance, and not some casual viewing on a TV screen.

Old Post 11-05-2001 08:35 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

If i had a Time machine I'd go to the past and watch Stargate. Other than that I check out the Scoot Cinema Guide every week to see if Stargate is showing anywhere.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-05-2001 08:36 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

ah yes, those old memories flooding back, cant remember if i watched it in the cinema, but im pretty sure i did, yeah, that was the summer stargate came out along with generations, i think i saw both in L square....boy, i was young then!!!

Old Post 11-05-2001 10:13 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol. Don't you still consider yourself young?!

Old Post 11-05-2001 10:15 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

My parents dragged me along to see Stargate when i was knee-high to grasshopper.

I loved the film, and loved the series.

'nuff said

Old Post 11-05-2001 10:23 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Argh, you are so lucky. When did the film come out then?! I mean, if you're my age...

You were practically a fan from the cradle then...

Old Post 11-05-2001 10:25 PM
president doc

I consider myself at that age when i am old enough to be treated like an adult, but just not old enough to get the wo...uh, do some stuff that i want to do.

Old Post 11-05-2001 10:32 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

Doc, you *are* an adult (well, maybe not mentally )

Venus, the film was released in 1994/1995, so i would have probably been 10 or 11.

I can't really remember much about it cos at the time i thought it was gonna be a pile of crap... but i was proved wrong (or i wouldn't be here now )

ash

Old Post 11-05-2001 11:45 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Re: Indeed

unfortunately, when it came out, i was living in a town that didn't HAVE a cinema...

But there is a cinema in New Farm that shows old movies every night, usually teamed up with one that happens to either a) be a sequal to the first, b) have the same actor in it, c) have the same director or d) they found some miniscule link between the two or were just desperate to find another film to go with it... I wonder if they are willing to take requests..? i'm sure it wou;dnt be hard fot them to get their hands on a copy of Stargate.. tho by the time they put it on, i will have most likely already moved.. damn...

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
lol Why are you so fascinated Venus at the fact that a film like Stargate would be on the big screen? It's a film. It was on the big screen as was Strictyl Ballroom, Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge.

you'd be a Baz fan, wouldn't you...?

Old Post 11-06-2001 12:46 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Naquada
Ugly Bloke

Baz?

Old Post 11-08-2001 05:43 PM
Naquada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Naquada Click here to Send Naquada a Private Message Find more posts by Naquada Add Naquada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Baz Lurmin (or something) Director of Moulin Rouge, among other things.

Old Post 11-08-2001 06:10 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Baz Luhrmann is tha bomb. His film are amazing. Those three just popped right into my head. New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! New Steps! There are no new Steps!

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-08-2001 09:09 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

oh great, now i have tricky ricky dicky syaing that over and over in my head....

Old Post 11-09-2001 02:42 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote