Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > New Stargate Game
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cooper

New Stargate Game

As of now myself and some friends have started on a new stargate game, unlike many of the stagate games in the making or out, this one will not be using he half-life engine, we will be using the MAXPAYNE engine, we are many using the engine because of the graphic capablity, and so we start,..

as we are now, the members that we have are working on every aspect of the game, so we are looking for members that can carryout any of the following skills;

Artist, Coder, Programer, Skinner.

if you have any of these skills you can contact me atThe Stargate Project , if you have any questions on the game please please post on this Thread, not to the e-mail, i will be checking this Thread a lot, all question i will try and post back.

as of yet we have a host for the project, but the site is not yet complete, our host is SG-1.co.uk check this Thread and the site for news i will post once the site is complete.

Thank you.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-17-2002 07:56 PM
Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cooper Click here to Send Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Cooper Add Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

what kind of game? rpg.. or like playstation game!?

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 05-17-2002 08:07 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cooper

As we are using the engine from Max Payne it will be a pc game, it will also be free to download, the size of the download will be over 100 meg but how far we don't know yet, we are tring to strip down the Max Payne Engine so that we have all stargate programing and none of the maxpayne program left, we are going to make it is that even users with out maxpayne can play it, but they will not beable to play max payne is none of the max payne game will be left.

Old Post 05-17-2002 08:15 PM
Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cooper Click here to Send Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Cooper Add Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Max payne max payne?!

Old Post 05-17-2002 09:18 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cooper

when you say "Max payne max payne?!" are you asking what it is? if so, then it is a game out on pc which has the ability to be convented to other usages www.maxpayne.com

Old Post 05-17-2002 10:07 PM
Wingless Flyer

Talking

Fantastic!!

I wish you guys all the luck in the world.

I really hope you guys can pull this off, it would just be mega, do you guys have any pages up yet?

Thankyou very much for your work

Old Post 05-17-2002 11:24 PM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cooper

as it is now we are just working on setup a temp page (for news ect,..) the site is being hosted at www.sg-1.co.uk thats our hosts page but if you don't check here then check that site in about 3 days

Old Post 05-18-2002 08:57 AM
BiOhAzArD

You are having a problem that many other people had/have
I myself i'm/was making a mod for Half-life based on the SG-story line called SG-TLS before that i worked on SG-2. both have died because it's impossible to get the right and once your mod starts to look like something you get shut down by MGM, it has happened before.
The SGT team has tried to get these rights and have failed so they are stopping the mod leaving only 2 other sg-mods left, SG-TLS and a french mod called SG-1. But because of the lack of intrest SG-TLS will probably die out to.
You can see the SGT's try to get the rights on there site http://mod.famkos.com/ and see how they failed after the many trys they did

Old Post 05-18-2002 10:20 PM
BiOhAzArD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BiOhAzArD Click here to Send BiOhAzArD a Private Message Find more posts by BiOhAzArD Add BiOhAzArD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

From my memory of legal stuff, I didnt think they could do anything if you where not making any money from it?

so I am pretty sure that anyone is welcome to produce anything about anything, as long as you dont gain from it.

This law is very strict though, and does not allow for any faulters... example.. if you had a Stargate day in your local hall to raise money for a charity.. you could get a law suit on you! even if you give every penny to the blind childrens charity! you still technically gained from using their name.

I think you can also produce something as long as it has at least *20?* differences from any claimed copyright. for example, at the place where me and puddycat work, we had an event day, with a Character suit we rented, the Suit was called 'John the Joiner' most of you should be able to guess who it was a near identicle suit too.....

Thor Jr

Old Post 05-18-2002 10:32 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingless Flyer

Hello Biohazard, I used to check into SG-2 now and then, I am very sorry to hear you had to close down...

But yeah, as long as you are not making money from it then it is all above board, you don't need permission from anyone.

I have see it plenty of times in the Star Trek gaming community...

Old Post 05-18-2002 11:05 PM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cooper

Thanks for the info BiO i have been looking on your site, just not much to date, thanks for bringing this up you've saved up alot of time.

i think that we are going to go the same way as you, start up our own projects, under our name.

i would think a stargate game will be released from MGM after the new movie is out.

Old Post 05-18-2002 11:39 PM
Goa`uld
Descended God

pity max payne is d3D eh...
should be interesting if you finish.
But I have doubt in mod teams that don't have coders. They never finish.

Old Post 05-19-2002 12:21 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

Sounds interesting. The Max Payne engine is quite good. My only possible query is how it handles wide open spaces. Keep us posted.

Old Post 05-19-2002 01:13 AM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BiOhAzArD

hey, well the problem with SG-2 is that they didn't have any coders, SGTC (a french mod with bad modelers) have them and we are giving some of our work to them, but not all of it. Hope they can do something with it

well it sounds nice but i would wait if you have to start now, until Soldiers Of Fortune 2 is out, it has a great engine and gameplay, (i've played the beta and it's very nice)

if you dicide to use the SOF2 engine contact me i'll help out

Old Post 05-20-2002 11:45 AM
BiOhAzArD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BiOhAzArD Click here to Send BiOhAzArD a Private Message Find more posts by BiOhAzArD Add BiOhAzArD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamesnic

about time someone made a good stargate game

I'm not gonna punch ya maybourne, I'm gonna burn you at the stake

Old Post 05-20-2002 12:02 PM
jamesnic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamesnic Click here to Send jamesnic a Private Message Visit jamesnic's homepage! Find more posts by jamesnic Add jamesnic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote