Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > Removed Threads > problems with gates.net posters - IMHO
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
guessed

problems with gates.net posters - IMHO

i know i can't stop anyone nuking this post, my only hope is it can in some small way make some sort of difference.

i came to gaters.net for intelligent, thought-provoking discussion - which alot of the time i get. but i am tired of the crap that goes on around it all. yes, true, with any large group of people you get differences of opinion, and it takes alot to deal with that, but the problems here seem greater than that.

i'm not going to single out posters as nobody really cares what i think anyway, but there are a few people here who make my (and others) experience less than pleasurable to say the least.

i'm logging off after i post this and cannot see myself returning. it's a shame, but i've had enough. i only hope in future the moderators (and others with high post counts) can keep in mind that people are joining you all the time. perhaps if you're sick of answering the same questions over and over you could branch off and start your own elite forum, admitting people only by invitation.

i've just read some posts this morning, one springs to mind - a newbie joined and his FIRST ever post was shot down in flames by a moderator.

i had fun here. good bye and thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-26-2002 10:19 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schrodinger
the quantum leper

goodbye , even though i did not know you , Im sorry that you had to leave.

Old Post 08-26-2002 10:52 PM
schrodinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schrodinger Click here to Send schrodinger a Private Message Find more posts by schrodinger Add schrodinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Sorry you had a bad time here guessed. I think you made some valid points.

Old Post 08-26-2002 11:02 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

That is a real shame. more a shame that you felt you couldn't talk to a moderator or someone like that about how you felt, before deciding to leave - not letting anyone have the chance to make your opinion known, and maybe something done about it.

If anyone else has any ill feeling about how things are done around here, it is in your best interest to let someone know, instead of stewing in the background, and then leaving, claiming fault of others.

Old Post 08-26-2002 11:05 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Dunno - this seems a bit like one of the many trolls I've seen like this before. And eventually the person comes back a few months later. Remember the last time I said that? I think it was about bose-eintein - well he came back didn't he...

hall of shame for thee...

Old Post 08-27-2002 05:42 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

no, i dont think so. i liked guessed. not a troll. i can totally understnad his reson for wanting to leave. and i think whats been said deserves to be seen by everyone 0- cause deleteing is going to cause more troubles

Old Post 08-27-2002 06:31 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote