Gaters.net Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 36 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Plots and Episodes (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3368)

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 07:04 PM:

Smoke and mirrors. (spoilers)

I liked it, discuss.

Posted by MPH on 12-18-2002 07:10 PM:

I liked it too, discuss more

Posted by Sam on 12-18-2002 07:13 PM:

I wasn't concentrating, 'cause I was having the most hilarious MSN conversation at the same time.

I caught the jist of it, and it seemed to be pretty good, but discuss so I can find out more.

blog

Posted by Majson on 12-18-2002 07:28 PM:

i thought it was quite good, one of those "jacks not in it very much" eps...but still kewl.

and of course there was the "shippy" moment which im sure puddy wont have liked at all...wasnt jack/sam ship ya see.

um....there was an explosion...nummy explosion..i liked that....

um....We saw althletic Jonas..go Jonas Go...and erm..we saw Jonas not totally understanding earth politics, which i thought was a nice touch, and there were touches on previous episodes

like teal'c driving "daniel jackson taught me"
jonas: oh really, when
teal'c: i believe it was in 1969

and teal'c interrigation scene...i liked that...sappy but humourous, in teal'c old sense of humour, so muchos likes...

um....most NID rouge ops over now, so less x files stuff in season 7 no doubt, and erm...we saw the furtherence of kinsey for presidant..which was a nice touch.

um....explosion

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 07:48 PM:

I definitely love the touches this show is bringing... the details...

I just watched 1969 again a few days ago, rather I watched a bit of it, the part where teal'c was driving and I literally said to myself...

"now when the hell did teal'c learn to drive an old V dub bus like that?"

Them saying Daniel taught him was just that little bit nicer.

Then they came out with that nice little explanation as to why Daniel wasnt copied either, his clone being blown up in the control room in that explosion we saw at the end of foothold.
It is kinda obvious how they use Jonas or sometimes Teal'c as a device to explain things to new viewers, but thats cool.

Doesnt hurt to have a bit of a refresher now and again.

Posted by MPH on 12-18-2002 07:57 PM:

Yeah I wondered myself where Teal'c learned to drive, but I forgot about the ep 1969; funny line By the way.
Well it also looks like the NID arc has been put to bed although if they would of new about a 7th season then im sure they would of carried it on.

Posted by Rhydderch Hael on 12-18-2002 08:29 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
...Then they came out with that nice little explanation as to why Daniel wasnt copied either, his clone being blown up in the control room in that explosion we saw at the end of foothold.
It is kinda obvious how they use Jonas or sometimes Teal'c as a device to explain things to new viewers, but thats cool.....

But wait...the Foothold alien that mimicked Daniel was shot and wounded in the plane?and no doubt kept under a watchful NID eye afterwards. How could that particular guy get blow'd up?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 08:36 PM:

LOL. I didnt listen to the explanation properly, perhaps they said something to the effect of when the head guy blew up, only daniels clones piece of technology was destroyed... naa nuts to that, I was duped! duped I tells ya!!!

Actually, theyve kinda bent the truth a few times in past references now that I think of it!

The whole Tobias thing, arctic DHD etc etc.

Posted by Vern on 12-18-2002 09:21 PM:

Teal'c interegation technique had me falling off my chair
And Janet does a good Dick van Dyke impression

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 09:24 PM:

Hmm, I loved that punch scene, absolute classic.

I did think that insinuation he made about getting the guy to "volunteer" information was a little dark though, even if they did throw in a patented "rock raised eyebrow" shot.

Posted by Venus on 12-18-2002 09:58 PM:

What the hell did this ep have to do with the 'Gate??

Yes, I know, Foothold stuff...

OK for an ep, but was so unrelated to the actual Stargate...

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 10:00 PM:

Yeah, every episode has to be through the stargate, every episode MUST BE through the gate, or it will die from having a variety of formats.
After all, variety is the work of SATAN!!!!
Missionary once a week for the rest of ones life is good for the soul.

Posted by Venus on 12-18-2002 10:11 PM:

I don't mind general wandering, but this episode, Jack being framed for murder... NO connection! They could've at least done it off world or something. The whole foothold thing was sooo

Posted by Rhydderch Hael on 12-18-2002 10:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
LOL. I didnt listen to the explanation properly, perhaps they said something to the effect of when the head guy blew up, only daniels clones piece of technology was destroyed... naa nuts to that, I was duped! duped I tells ya!!!

Actually, theyve kinda bent the truth a few times in past references now that I think of it!

The whole Tobias thing, arctic DHD etc etc.

Uhh, the person holding Daniel's holographic mimic was Sam, not some alien. She'd notice if it blew up.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Posted by president doc on 12-18-2002 10:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
Uhh, the person holding Daniel's holographic mimic was Sam, not some alien. She'd notice if it blew up.

Yes I was just making a point of it being a stupid explanation.