Gaters.net
Show all 6 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Removed Threads (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=2363)

Posted by guessed on 08-26-2002 10:19 PM:

problems with gates.net posters - IMHO

i know i can't stop anyone nuking this post, my only hope is it can in some small way make some sort of difference.

i came to gaters.net for intelligent, thought-provoking discussion - which alot of the time i get. but i am tired of the crap that goes on around it all. yes, true, with any large group of people you get differences of opinion, and it takes alot to deal with that, but the problems here seem greater than that.

i'm not going to single out posters as nobody really cares what i think anyway, but there are a few people here who make my (and others) experience less than pleasurable to say the least.

i'm logging off after i post this and cannot see myself returning. it's a shame, but i've had enough. i only hope in future the moderators (and others with high post counts) can keep in mind that people are joining you all the time. perhaps if you're sick of answering the same questions over and over you could branch off and start your own elite forum, admitting people only by invitation.

i've just read some posts this morning, one springs to mind - a newbie joined and his FIRST ever post was shot down in flames by a moderator.

i had fun here. good bye and thanks.

Posted by schrodinger on 08-26-2002 10:52 PM:

goodbye , even though i did not know you , Im sorry that you had to leave.

Posted by shiloh on 08-26-2002 11:02 PM:

Sorry you had a bad time here guessed. I think you made some valid points.

Posted by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-26-2002 11:05 PM:

That is a real shame. more a shame that you felt you couldn't talk to a moderator or someone like that about how you felt, before deciding to leave - not letting anyone have the chance to make your opinion known, and maybe something done about it.

If anyone else has any ill feeling about how things are done around here, it is in your best interest to let someone know, instead of stewing in the background, and then leaving, claiming fault of others.

Posted by Goa`uld on 08-27-2002 05:42 AM:

Dunno - this seems a bit like one of the many trolls I've seen like this before. And eventually the person comes back a few months later. Remember the last time I said that? I think it was about bose-eintein - well he came back didn't he...

hall of shame for thee...

Posted by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-27-2002 06:31 AM:

no, i dont think so. i liked guessed. not a troll. i can totally understnad his reson for wanting to leave. and i think whats been said deserves to be seen by everyone 0- cause deleteing is going to cause more troubles