Gaters.net - Now with extra backups

Go Back   Gaters.net - Now with extra backups > Off Topic > Off Topic

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Kurby
Member
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 65
Kurby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kurby
Default Bleach

Who's been keeping up and who hasn't? I know me and SB have been.
__________________
Love is not the word only for the sweet romance..
Kurby is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Kamikaze Casper
Too busy being delicious
 
Kamikaze Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The incredible edible interwebs
Posts: 1,642
Kamikaze Casper will become famous soon enoughKamikaze Casper will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Casper
Default

I've been keeping up with the manga and the anime. I hate how slow it is though and I am tempted to give the anime a miss because sweet fa happens in each episode.
Kamikaze Casper is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Kurby
Member
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 65
Kurby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kurby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Casper View Post
I've been keeping up with the manga and the anime. I hate how slow it is though and I am tempted to give the anime a miss because sweet fa happens in each episode.
Which episode are you up too? And unfortunately I bet your stuck in the Bounto arc for the Anime right now, which, sucks balls.
__________________
Love is not the word only for the sweet romance..
Kurby is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Strong Bad
Sage
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Circle Cave
Posts: 1,946
Strong Bad has a spectacular aura aboutStrong Bad has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Which episode are you up too? And unfortunately I bet your stuck in the Bounto arc for the Anime right now, which, sucks balls.
I don't know about that, the subs have been fairly widely distributed and KC doesn't seem like the kind of person to let copyright get in the way of a good story, although it looks like they're about to launch into yet ANOTHER anime-only arc.
Is everybody else loving the exposition arc? I know I am. Certainly it's a good thing to see Yoruichi and Urahara getting some more screen time. Although you have to wonder how they're going to work the back story into the anime, although I suppose we are quite some ways away from getting to that in the anime.
__________________
Now, get off my lawn! -Sarda

Last edited by Strong Bad; 04-22-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Strong Bad is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Kamikaze Casper
Too busy being delicious
 
Kamikaze Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The incredible edible interwebs
Posts: 1,642
Kamikaze Casper will become famous soon enoughKamikaze Casper will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Casper
Default

I wouldn't pay to watch Bleach! (I'd buy the manga though and mayhaps the movies). I'm right up to date on both the manga and the anime. And I like the anime only arcs. The bount one wasn't too bad.

I'm really enjoying the back story in the manga at the moment too. Isshin better be in it somewhere!

And I can't wait for Diamond Dust Rebellion to be subbed, me hearts, errr, the ice guy.
Kamikaze Casper is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
Kurby
Member
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 65
Kurby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kurby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Casper View Post
I wouldn't pay to watch Bleach! (I'd buy the manga though and mayhaps the movies). I'm right up to date on both the manga and the anime. And I like the anime only arcs. The bount one wasn't too bad.

I'm really enjoying the back story in the manga at the moment too. Isshin better be in it somewhere!

And I can't wait for Diamond Dust Rebellion to be subbed, me hearts, errr, the ice guy.
Who else thought the Ichigo vs Grimmjow fight was fucking spectacular? Probably one of the best fights so far.

Me and SB were arguing that Isshin might be the current Kenpachi. Although, very doubtful.

And yes, Toshiro is pretty cool, although SB doesn't seem to care for him very much. Diamond Dust does look very interesting.

Oh and what does that make now, 4-5 Vaizard with Bankai release? Quite frankly, I don't think the Espada + Aizen have much of a chance once the Vaizard step into the mix.

Also, KC, who do you think are the top 3 Espada? I think its Halibel, Stark then Bargan. SB thinks it's Bargan, Stark then Halibel.
__________________
Love is not the word only for the sweet romance..
Kurby is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Strong Bad
Sage
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Circle Cave
Posts: 1,946
Strong Bad has a spectacular aura aboutStrong Bad has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Me and SB were arguing that Isshin might be the current Kenpachi. Although, very doubtful.
You have to admit that with his love of fighting he'd fit into the role perfectly. Although I'd well imagine that Ichigo's dad would probably know Bankai, unlike the current Kenpachi who squanders most of his power.
Quote:
And yes, Toshiro is pretty cool, although SB doesn't seem to care for him very much. Diamond Dust does look very interesting.
He achieved captain status with what's clearly an immature Bankai. He's certainly not anywhere near the same level as Byakuya, Unohana, Shunsui, Juushiro or Genryuusai. Probably on the same level as Mayuri although I have to admit that in terms of large scale destruction Mayuri's bankai is probably the most dangerous. Although I will admit Hitsugaya is levels above Kenpachi, Tosen and Komamuru.
Quote:
Quite frankly, I don't think the Espada + Aizen have much of a chance once the Vaizard step into the mix.
Well, I think as he is now Aizen could probably beat Yamamoto but afterwards he'd be unable to do battle against a fully released Shinji.
__________________
Now, get off my lawn! -Sarda
Strong Bad is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
DEATH
Throbbing Member
 
DEATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: inverell NSW australia
Posts: 874
DEATH will become famous soon enoughDEATH will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DEATH
Default

wow. i know there jap names but it realy makes that last post hard to follow when you throw in unprenouncable jibberish every second word
DEATH is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #9
Strong Bad
Sage
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Circle Cave
Posts: 1,946
Strong Bad has a spectacular aura aboutStrong Bad has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
wow. i know there jap names but it realy makes that last post hard to follow when you throw in unprenouncable jibberish every second word
*shrugs* Even the translators never anglocised the characters' names. It's actually hard to follow at times because now there are just so many characters.
__________________
Now, get off my lawn! -Sarda
Strong Bad is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
Kamikaze Casper
Too busy being delicious
 
Kamikaze Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The incredible edible interwebs
Posts: 1,642
Kamikaze Casper will become famous soon enoughKamikaze Casper will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Casper
Default

God, I'm crap with names so bear with me.

What do you mean Isshin is Kenpachi? Do you mean he was the captain that Kenpachi "killed"? Which I think is probable myself.

Quote:
He achieved captain status with what's clearly an immature Bankai.
It was mentioned numberous times wasn't it that he was the youngest and the weakest captain. Also, that all you need to become a captain is a bankai release, immature or not. I like him because he's not uber powerful like the rest of them. Though Byukaya kicks arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby
Oh and what does that make now, 4-5 Vaizard with Bankai release? Quite frankly, I don't think the Espada + Aizen have much of a chance once the Vaizard step into the mix.
Hmm, yeah, the vaizard would definitely kick the Espada's collective asses but judging from the way this show goes, they won't. Ichi will have to be the one to defeat Aizen and the Espada will probably upgrade somehow to at least put up a substantile fight against the Shinigami and Vaizard.

As for the top three Espada, hmm, no idea. Never gave it much thought but I think the blonde female whose clothes cover half her face and next to none of the breasts ( ) is one of them
Kamikaze Casper is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.