Gaters.net - Now with extra backups

Gaters.net - Now with extra backups (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Us Gamers (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?t=150)

Shivan 11-15-2008 07:04 AM

Us Gamers

So, how many of us game here at gaters?

I just recently beat Gears of Wars 2 and have been hitting up the wingman multiplayer, and at a rather unhealthy dosage these past few days too... (I suck so bad at it. A lot more to it than other first-person shooters.)

What do you play?

Afflicted 11-15-2008 07:08 AM

Well Litch King just came out. Pack that along with Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space, I might just drop out of Uni.

Shivan 11-15-2008 07:13 AM

I started playing WoW on the first day, no joke. I go through phases where I will play it constantly then up and quit. Right now I'm in the latter phase so I haven't been able to purchase Lich King. I know it has to be excellent. I mean this is Blizzard we are discussing. I use to be HUGE into Starcraft. I can still go back to that game and have a blast. Looking forward to the sequel but I'm so impatient and Blizzard always announces things like 3 years before launch...it seems...

I'm also in the process of trying to afford Mirror's Edge (played the demo and loved it), Fallout 3, and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

I don't think Little Big Planet is worth the purchase of a PS3. (Although the Blu Ray player is... but I still know I can't afford it.)

president doc 11-15-2008 09:16 AM

I suppose I've started gaming more since I got the old PS3 and iPhone.
(though if you look at the shoutbox oftentimes I can't be arsed to make the effort to play).
Usually have a COD4 gaming night with friends every so often, bit of Resistance FOM, I'm waiting on my copy of Killzone 2 to come out in a million years.
Oftentimes I just throw in a Bluray since it's less effort :p.

The surprise has been the iPhone, use it to play more casual games than I did with the PSP... i.e. I actually do use it.

Charlie Carter 11-15-2008 12:56 PM

Mirror's Edge, CoD5, Fallout 3, Fable II, Wrath (haven't touched it yet, been working). Also, Left 4 Dead demo was hilarious.. the lads in the flat were screaming like girls.

Anubite34 11-15-2008 03:45 PM

Bought a WotLK collectors ed. Haven't installed it yet...too busy doing old skool achievements!

Also have Guitar Hero:World Tour that I'm chipping away on. Refuse to touch Left4Dead - I'm a girly girl and hate horror survival games. Basically Valve made an entire game out of Ravenholme from HL2 - pass.

With me just getting an e-mail saying they're enforcing unpaid leave over the week of Thanksgiving, I guess I'll be playing more games very soon. :/

president doc 11-15-2008 04:29 PM

Just downloading End War demo off the US Playstation Network now.

Just so you guys know.

Shivan 11-15-2008 07:19 PM

I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Prince of Persia, anyone seen videos for it? Looks amazing.

Charlie Carter 11-15-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivan (Post 12746)
I don't think Little Big Planet is worth the purchase of a PS3. (Although the Blu Ray player is... but I still know I can't afford it.)

LBP is fuckin' awesome, though.

Shivan 11-15-2008 10:19 PM

It just doesn't look all that great.............