Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Jack sends message from the future?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
carl
Stargazer

Question Jack sends message from the future?

I've been wondering this ever since I saw this episode a few weeks ago. It's the one where they discover a civilization who just might be worthy as an ally against the Goa`uld - the only problem is they had received a message earlier from Jack from the future saying don't go to this planet!!! (Hopefully, some helpful person here can give me the name of this episode.)

Anyway, what I was wondering here is how did he send it to the past from the future? Or have I missed a previous episode or something?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-04-2002 11:22 AM
carl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carl Click here to Send carl a Private Message Visit carl's homepage! Find more posts by carl Add carl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Spoilers 2010, 2001

Probably way off here, haven't seen the eps recently, but it went something like: in the ep 2010, it shows the world (in 2010) where the SGC is public, and the Goa'uld have been defeated, thanks to Earth's new allies, the Aschen. It turns out that the Aschen are using their influence on Earth (which is significant) to make most women infertile, thereby stopping any offspring, and the human race will soon die out. SG1 catches on to this, and Jack manages to send a note (saying not to go to the Aschen's home planet, which is what triggers it all off) to what to us is present day SGC. I think they do it by a solar flare or something, like in 1969? Anyway, then in 2001, well, turns out that they have got in touch with the Aschen (find them on another planet?) and ... well, same thing happens, they find the Aschen are baaad, and save the world. Something like that, anyway. Watch 2001 and 2010, but not in that order.

Old Post 07-04-2002 11:46 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

in 2001, there is no time travel, they just happen to run into the same race and just manage to stop events snowballing in time.

Old Post 07-04-2002 12:45 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yeah, did I say it was? 2010 is set in the future, hence the date, whereas 2001 was originally screened in ... 2001.

Old Post 07-04-2002 02:14 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

good episodes actually.. and they killed off joe which is a bonus

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 07-04-2002 05:06 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

He didn't necessarily die in 2001 did he?

Old Post 07-04-2002 05:10 PM
president doc

Yes.... it doesnt matter how, the guys as good as dead... the cats did it.

Old Post 07-04-2002 06:30 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carl
Stargazer

What I mean is is how can they be able to send messages from the future? That's impossible . . . isn't it? (*Cues Twilight Zone Music*)

Old Post 07-05-2002 09:54 AM
carl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carl Click here to Send carl a Private Message Visit carl's homepage! Find more posts by carl Add carl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queen Lou
I'm singing in the rain..

The solar flare bends the stargate's wormhole and sends it back to Earth, distorting time, like in 1969. Sam sent Jack's message through the stargate and therefore through time.

*waves* hi any real sg people out there, and AT

Old Post 07-05-2002 10:09 AM
Queen Lou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Queen Lou Click here to Send Queen Lou a Private Message Find more posts by Queen Lou Add Queen Lou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The explanation they give is crap... its a show called stargate... its not impossible

Old Post 07-05-2002 04:05 PM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by carl
What I mean is is how can they be able to send messages from the future? That's impossible . . . isn't it? (*Cues Twilight Zone Music*)

And besides which, they send a message from the future to stop that future happening, so once it's sent, not like that future exists to send a message from, in the future... type thing.

Old Post 07-05-2002 05:28 PM
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Yes, the future alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future which alters the past which relies on the future, which it destroys which never affected the past which created the future. Etc.

Old Post 07-05-2002 06:08 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

alternate reality.

Old Post 07-05-2002 06:15 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

As Jack would have said, "Kiss my ass, causality!"

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 07-05-2002 06:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Exactly, infact, I think the ideal position to take on any blooper in stargate is that of Jack... kiss my ass etc.
Just sit back and let it wash over you like sams words over Jacks head.

Old Post 07-05-2002 08:25 PM