Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Newcomer, plot help needed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
voodoo_pigeon

Newcomer, plot help needed

Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer to the forums; I registered for a specific purpose. I watched sg-1 infrequently when it first came out as a series (also saw the film), but I've not really kept up with it at all. However, I have the time to watch it now (in the UK), and desperately need to get up to speed on the overall story arc. In particular, all these crazy new races and the situation with Earth...

Episode guides, on the whole, are not very helpful. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site where someone has compiled details on the story arc for sg-1? I know of similar ventures for programs such as X-files and Enteprise etc etc...

Thanks a lot,

v-p

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-03-2002 11:38 AM
voodoo_pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for voodoo_pigeon Click here to Send voodoo_pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by voodoo_pigeon Add voodoo_pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Hi,

So, you gonna post here when you've caught up with the plots?

Story arc type things, I would suggest:
- www.rdanderson.com (click on the Stargate link on the left when it loads, then under Information Resources, I think, though the whole site (or at least SG part of it ) is very good)
- www.gateworld.net which doesn't have an arc exactly, but if you go thru the episode guide , it will tell you which eps are linked together by recurring guests and so on. (in the lil green boxes, I think)

Hope that helps. If not, (one of) the Link Queen(s) may be along shortly to help you.

Last edited by Venus on 07-03-2002 at 11:57 AM

Old Post 07-03-2002 11:53 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

I really really appreciated the Stargate Primer at www.gateworld.net. I already knew a lot of it, but it really filled in some gaps.

Old Post 07-04-2002 02:51 AM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Yet another reason for an FAQ...

Old Post 07-04-2002 06:27 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

Try my site as well, go to Universe -> Timeline. This should give you some background info on the show plus I have listed the story arcs and which episodes are involved as well.

Old Post 07-04-2002 02:45 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

there is really too much to post here in this thread that can sum it up for you, so much has happend, SG1 is currently in it's Sixth season, and every episode advances some kind of new knowledge, so it's impossible to really tell you everything

best to read up on all the episodes as linked above in those links provided...

feel free to come back with any specific questions you have though, we'll try to help

Old Post 07-04-2002 09:16 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

Transcripts of episodes are available at sg1fans http://worldzone.net/scifi/sg1guide/.

Old Post 07-05-2002 02:17 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stargatefan2002
Anubis Personal Guard

hiya

http://worldzone.net/scifi/sg1guide/ is a great site

thanx 4 posting this URL

Old Post 07-05-2002 02:37 PM
stargatefan2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stargatefan2002 Click here to Send stargatefan2002 a Private Message Visit stargatefan2002's homepage! Find more posts by stargatefan2002 Add stargatefan2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote