Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Astarte
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trucker

Astarte

Has she turned up in Stargate? I have not seen that many episodes - don't have cable. I just bought season 1 & 2 dvd sets though.

Anyway, does she have tv history or is she nice and open for gratuitous fanfic usage?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:47 PM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

She's not been in any episode, don't think she's even been mentioned, so yes, up for fanfic usage.

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:52 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trucker

Great! Thanks a lot.

*throws in an evil laugh and some chin stroking for good measure*

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:54 PM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

You gonna post it here when it's done?

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:57 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trucker

Sure, if thats okay. I've not done Stargate fics before, though I've done some A-team and Harry Potter. Seperately. I'm not sure the world could cope with that kind of crossover.

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:59 PM
Venus

That's fine, and if it's not too shippy, I'll likely read it too. I wrote an Astarte one a few years ago, but it's so crap, I'm not even gonna consider posting it up. Any idea how long it'll take you to write? Are you going to consider the mythology?

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:47 PM
Trucker

*l* I think it'd be remiss of me to not consider the mythology. Good background is essential to a story, I feel.

Astarte was supposedly a wife of the god Seth. I figured it Seth was still on earth, she might be too.

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:24 PM
Trucker

I'm still researching though. How long it will take depends on work. I have the kind of job that some days I get los of free time and others none. I'd rather write a good story than a quick one.

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:28 PM
Venus

I totally agree. Though if you do a bit more mythology research, you might wanna also include Anat in your story. And the whole reason why Astarte was his wife. Though I suppose then, it'd just become a retelling of the myth. She could be a Tok'ra or something?

And btw, if you're gonna post in the same thread as you did a few mins ago, you might wanna edit rather than double post. (Check here for clarification)

Old Post 12-09-2002 06:12 PM
Trucker

Ah, thanks. I'm used to posting on ezboards - the edit option is on the left.

Old Post 12-10-2002 10:46 AM
Venus

lol, no prob, think that's the first time I've actually been thanked for pointing out the edit button.

Anyway, look forward to reading it, good luck with writing it!

Old Post 12-10-2002 11:20 AM