Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate turning into Star Trek???
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by HerbieZ
it's called minamilist, and they probably got a styler in to do it. Besides, most of the controls are hidden by secret panals and all that.

Please tell me you were joking with the minimalist thing!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:31 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

it's called trying ot make it alien as cheaply as possible with plasticy tacky gold bits

Old Post 12-09-2002 09:33 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

haven't seen the ep myself but i gotta agree that it was better qwhen they regurly went through the gate.
i don't mind the space stuff as i love star trek aswell but the originality of stargate is class and to spoil it with star trek just makes it a copy
of it

and if you believe that well

Old Post 12-09-2002 11:07 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

More eps were based on earth than hugely on ships though. especially s6. they have been speding a lot of episodes this season on earth. if you think about, jonas first excursion through the gate (barring his to/from his own planet) wasn't until the other guys.

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:37 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yeah, but he wasn't on the team at first. Anyway, the series is evolving, I personally prefer it now, where they've got different approaches, it's not always the same format to an episode. Cos then it's like ST - every single ep, you know they're gonna meet a culture, make a mistake etc... Whereas with SG it's.. different. And stuff. You know what I'm trying to say, and if you don't, ignore this post.

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:44 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

i undestand Venus. I was reading the chat trascript from Joseph M-something and he said Stargate will NOT TURN INTO STAR TREK.

so that's a good thing!

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:05 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

yeah i agree with you Venus but sometimes it's nice to have an ep like the ones we started loving the show for once in a while.

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:03 PM
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by Erishian42
i undestand Venus. I was reading the chat trascript from Joseph M-something and he said Stargate will NOT TURN INTO STAR TREK.

so that's a good thing!

Well lets see, someone asked him if gates gonna turn into trek... he had two answers to give.. yes, or no

take internet chats with a pinch of salt darlin.

Old Post 12-09-2002 09:26 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Don't be offended.

Retracting all previous posts made in this thread

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:10 AM

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:51 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

Sorry Anubis I gotta disagree with you on at least one point, we would have to develop ships to defend earth from an as seen very real threat of ship based attacks I don't see humans going out attacking system lords anytime soon(in ships). Earth has lost most of it's allies so this increases the importance of pushing earth tech forward to a point were they have interstellar (?) travel. Human tech always surges forward in leaps and bounds in times of war this is historical fact, so it makes complete sense to have the ship(given they had help) now it by no means means that the gate would be used to a lesser extent it just increases the chances of meeting other advanced species that do not have a stargate plus as stated a defence (however feeble) for earth.
So I guess I'm not against ship based episodes but don't think I would like to see it every episode.

Oh I also think you will find Gene was'nt the first guy to do a space travel in ships series.

Last edited by Tupat on 12-10-2002 at 04:00 AM

Old Post 12-10-2002 03:56 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The ship eliminates the need for the more implausible story lines, I mean think about it, Daniel Jackson had to be thrown into an alternate universe just to facilitate an excuse for SG1 to gate to a ship yard into a ship that was just seconds away from leaving.....

now they could atleast sneak on after creeping up in a ship!

Old Post 12-10-2002 07:50 AM
alex8472
dead and loving it

Re: Don't be offended.

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Not to be rude or anything, but alex 8472 u are an idiot, stargate wouldn't be around if it weren't for Roddenberry setting a preface for the Sci-Fi show, before it there was no concept of ship travel through space, and there is a reason all of the startrek shows have a common thread: Because they are all in the same bloddy timeline u twit! Who cares if there are more ships? So what, it just means less gates, which i think has just about been worked to death anywho, and the point of having more ships is to show that earth is advancing to a state where they can actually launch a viable assault on the goa'uld, whereas, at the moment the goa'uld could launch a massive assault on earth and there would be nothign anyone could do about it, and i think after a few years of working on this the writers know what they're doing...

Finally, yes i agree with pres doc, don't assume that just coz u read it on the internet that its actually gunna happen.

thanks alot

Old Post 12-10-2002 11:45 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

just cos rodenberry made the most famous one, doesn't mean he was the first and most influential to other producers who would be more searching for originality.

And anubis, if you think gate travel has been done to death, why do you continue to watch the show, considering that's it's major premise?

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:15 PM
alex8472
dead and loving it

yes
i totally agree with you
gating we want back
more gate travel

next you're be telling me star wars was inspired from star trek

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:26 PM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

what? it wasn't? of course it was. don't be silly. And you know what else? that new LOTR movie is a complete rip-off of star wars. i mean come *on* the sword glows for pete's sake!

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:41 PM