Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Host-jumping
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Spoiler:
a/ No1 knows about the Furlings having never encountered them, the Replicators are not biological and the Aschen are humanoids. I would say the Nox aswell but they obviously have some clearly non human powers.

Plainly wrong eh. My televison station plays these stupid trivia things and one of them was that SG-1 has encountered over 70 races. You have stated 2 or 3 true non-humanoid races. I think that saying that with a proportional sampling of all races out there, I would be correct in saying that the vast majority of all SG-1 races are humanoid.

b/You just want it to be that, don't you? Why would they learn anything that they didn't know before?
Because they can get around easier, and see more stuff.

e/ ASCENDED do not have any technology whatsoever. Doesn't mean they don't know of it. But like I said, non-corporeality presents you with alot of options to check stuf out.

f/ The Aschen yes. Name any other race with that capability, please...

Tollan. They had the teck and the resources but no motivation. Oh and they're dead.

g/Possible. But why did the Gou'ald take Unas host at first then?

Cos the Unas were right their homeworld. They had to get to Earth before they could get humans.

h/It's the same kind of speculation that you accuse me for doing. It's not proven that anyone of us is right.

Thats right thats why I marked it IMHO.

h/ Just to point out that the Ascended and the Ancients are from the same planet.

Favour me with your source plz.

i/The point is that he was able to survive that long.

Please, explain to me the realvence.

This is really hard to do with the spoiler box n all. Tell U what, Ill take this to a new thread. (Splinter-thread: Host-jumping)

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 12-05-2002 at 12:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-05-2002 12:16 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Spoiler:

a/ No1 knows about the Furlings having never encountered them, the Replicators are not biological and the Aschen are humanoids. I would say the Nox aswell but they obviously have some clearly non human powers.

Plainly wrong eh. My televison station plays these stupid trivia things and one of them was that SG-1 has encountered over 70 races. You have stated 2 or 3 true non-humanoid races. I think that saying that with a proportional sampling of all races out there, I would be correct in saying that the vast majority of all SG-1 races are humanoid.

Reply: No. All humans are humans. Nothing else. For something to be another race it would take a lot more. I can't remember more than ten(different species) at most. Jaffas are human(though modified) almost every other culture where human. Other races I would've counted:

Asgard, Aschen, Gadmeer, Enkaran, Nox, Unas, Foothold species and Native american ghost species that are clearly different. I might remember a few more, but most of the so called races are descendants of earth that has developed a different culture(like the Tollan) might make humans and therefore the same race as the Tauri(we're talking about biology here...).

b/You just want it to be that, don't you? Why would they learn anything that they didn't know before?
Because they can get around easier, and see more stuff.

Reply: Well, if you're pointing on the fact that they don't need oxygen, well yes...

e/ ASCENDED do not have any technology whatsoever. Doesn't mean they don't know of it. But like I said, non-corporeality presents you with alot of options to check stuf out.

Reply: So their high morality stuff is just a joke then. All they ever do in life is spying. No.

f/ The Aschen yes. Name any other race with that capability, please...

Tollan. They had the teck and the resources but no motivation. Oh and they're dead.

Reply: Yes. That would make them five I guess. The Aschen, The Ancients, The Asgard, The Tollan and The Nox. Or accordning to you six. (The Nox are probably able to kick Gou'ald butt since they can controll matter with their mind... Anyhow, like the Tollans they choose not to...)

g/Possible. But why did the Gou'ald take Unas host at first then?

Cos the Unas were right their homeworld. They had to get to Earth before they could get humans.

Reply: Probably not. There were those who created them as megalomanic pshycos to(IMHO).

h/It's the same kind of speculation that you accuse me for doing. It's not proven that anyone of us is right.

Thats right thats why I marked it IMHO.

h/ Just to point out that the Ascended and the Ancients are from the same planet.

Favour me with your source plz.

Reply: If the humans originated from Earth, and the Ascended are humans, and the Ancients are human, then they both originated from earth.

i/The point is that he was able to survive that long.

Please, explain to me the realvence.

Reply:
1. The fact that it could be transferred to his mind. And that he could access the knowledge. Try using a computer virus written for a PC on a Mac.
2. The brain could function on that level for so long. Had it been to much, he would've died instantly.

This points to ancients being human. And since the ascended are human. And the ancients has left our plane of existance. Ascending is leaving out plane of existance. Well you get the idea, and you're probably just out annoy me. Anyhow, I think that I've made a rightful assumption in saying that the Ascended and the Ancients are the one and same... And I was merely trying to point out to you that the idea isn't as far fetched as you claim. And it isn't a spoiler since I fear that they won't deal with the subject in the series... That's all...

Old Post 12-06-2002 05:04 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

we know the ancients are human! stated in frozen.

where is your proof that the ascended are human? they could just appear in human form. From the way oma desale guided daniel, i got the impression he was the first human to ascend.

Also where is it said that the ancients left our plane of existance? cos all i heard that asgard say in the fifth race was that the ancients left our 'region of space'

i also got the impression that the knowledge of the ancients could go into any alien, except for jaffa or goa'uld, not just humans. they asgard merely mentioned their surprise that such a primitive brain lasted that long.

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:03 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

look at the episode "ascenscion" in which it is stated that orlin was human before his ascenscion. the other things you're trying to state is either wrong or plain speculation. we don't know anything about the ancients database except that it rejected teal'c and accepted o'neill. nothing more is stated. the term used in "fifth race" is "left our plane of existance".

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:19 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Just watched the Fifth Race (actually Dr.T did) the quote is, quite clearly, "The ancients have left our region of space very long ago."

Nothing about existance there, sorry.

It rejected Teal'c because he's a Jaffa, I'm pretty sure that was said in the episode.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:46 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

it also said that it was not meant for jack. watched ascended. The ascended in my opinion are just another more evolved or differently evolved form of the tau'ri and were hence taken from earth originaly. If, as hinted in frozen, the ancients came from earth or created earth and/or the humans, then of course the two races would be linked.

Also, the ancients 'interfered' (stargates), this goes completely against the ascendeds' beleifs.

you're missing the main thing here though. If the ascended were human, then they would have had to come from earth originaly which means they are way to young to be the ancients. You're completely contradicting yourself here.

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:25 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Plus that chik, Iana, that the found In Frozen was not an ancinet. Otherwise Jack of Teal'c would have been able to speak Ancient-ese (Window of Opportunity)

Old Post 12-08-2002 10:25 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

latin-ese?

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:43 PM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Kamakazi Casper: That I was wrong about the quote doesn't mean that I was wrong about the other thing. The theory about Teal'c rejection is just a theory, nothing more. It's not like they had the thing analysed or something in that way.

Dr.Taz: As for the other thing. What? I don't understand what you mean? Contradiction. In what way? Is it some S6 thing you're talking about. In that case, you'll have to forgive me since I haven't seen S6. Were is it stated that ancients were non-human? Frozen??? The Ancients building the Stargate system doesn't prove that they aren't the Ascended. The Ancients were active until the first 1000 years before christ(as there is supposedly references to them in roman mythology). It's just possible that the Ancients reached the same level as the Nox and came to the conclusion that non-interference is best for all. Or found out about the same way as the Tollan.

---

Anyway, you have to forgive for not beliving the Anubis-kicks-ancients-ass-theory. Sorry.

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:04 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

And, the Ascended are most certainly not Ancients because the Ascended have that square like asian language demonstrated in Maternal Instinct and the Ancients have this blocky chunk script as seen in Sentinel and Torment of Tantalus.

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:35 AM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

So, what's your point? the chinese have different writing to us, does that mean they aren't human? I think it would be safe to say that the ancients had many forms of writing during the vast time they spent on our plane of existence, and it would be foolish to think that they had some kind of galactic writing, and 320 the nox interfere, they interfered when they came to Triad, the matter didn't concern them, it concerned two lesser life forms, stave the fact that anubis is on par with the nox as far as technology goes, but the nox made the decision, in this case the ones who didn't interfere were the Tollan, and dr taz, perhaps that is why the ascendents don't interfere any more? Becuase they have already given the galaxy much, on top of that there is the Prometheus planet and the GTG weapon, and the thingy in the fifth race, as u see, they don't have reason to accelerate any more, and a race must be advanced to use the stargate, remember how hard it was for the aschen to use it?

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:19 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I think it would be safe to say that the ancients had many forms of writing during the vast time they spent on our plane of existence, and it would be foolish to think that they had some kind of galactic writing,
Not safe really if you think about it. The reason humans are still stuck on this little rock is because of our nations, religions, languages and our divided governments. This is the reason for the dark ages, and for our relative technological inferiority.

Since the Ancients are human, they would therefore suffer from the same impedements. For a human race to become as advanced as the Ancients were, they would have to amalgamate their governments, relinquish their religious beliefs and recognise a standard language. Only after pooling their efforts would they be able to get along enough to reach that level of technological enlightenment.

and it would be foolish to think that they had some kind of galactic writing
Except that one in Heliopolis you mean.

stave the fact that anubis is on par with the nox as far as technology goes,
You crack me up

and a race must be advanced to use the stargate, remember how hard it was for the aschen to use it?
If anything that proves that you don't need to be advanced to use it. The Aschen were far more knowledgeable and yet they couldn't use it.

Old Post 12-10-2002 03:18 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

?nubis:
They didn't interfere. Then the Ascendeds dismantling of the weapon in Ascension must be considered as interference too. The Nox where called in as non-partial judges. And yes, the Aschen situation does prove that deciphre the gate system has more to do with just being lucky. And nothing to do with development. Look at the slave owning cowboy people. Is that a advanced society in your opinion?

Old Post 12-10-2002 04:17 AM
Mad

Why would it be foolish for the Ancients to have some kind of universal writing?

Old Post 12-12-2002 09:02 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

quote:
If anything that proves that you don't need to be advanced to use it. The Aschen were far more knowledgeable and yet they couldn't use it.
the humans stole their knowledge of the gate system from the Goa'uld who stole it from someone else,
quote:
Is that a advanced society in your opinion?

Oath no but once again that knowledge at one stage or another came from the goa'uld.
quote:
Why would it be foolish for the Ancients to have some kind of universal writing?
Hmm, perhaps there was some misunderstanding with my phrasing let me try it again, It would be foolish to assume that a race sprawled out all over the galaxy had a single form or writing which they used the entire time they were in our galaxy.

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:22 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote