Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > just who are all the system lords and have been
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Anudist
*nuked*

Id say to be a system lord you have equal status as another system lord. Klorel many times seemed to worship the ground Apophis walked on, and took orders from Apophis.

Yes I know he was his son, but since when has family ever been important to the Goa'uld?.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-28-2002 02:01 AM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Its kinda easy to work that out power. Also if you just walk in with little power and wanting big things youu`re just gonna get it from all of them.

Old Post 09-28-2002 08:57 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

The meeting in Summit and Last Stand was a meeting of System Lords, therefore anyone who wasn't there was not (or is no longer) a System Lord. They pretty much rule over the other Goa'uld I think.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-28-2002 10:04 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
The meeting in Summit and Last Stand was a meeting of System Lords, therefore anyone who wasn't there was not (or is no longer) a System Lord. They pretty much rule over the other Goa'uld I think.

But by the time that episode took place a lot of the Goa'uld we are unsure about are already out of the picture. So obviously they would not attend the summit. Which doesn't really prove or disprove they were system lords.

Altho it would have messed up the nice little circle of chairs they had in summit if there were more. :P

Old Post 09-29-2002 06:47 AM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

I thought that the system lords were explained in that episode where Jacob had the pyramid with a listing of all of them. I believe it was Seth. He said there were many system lords, some of them even the Tokra had lost track of.

Old Post 09-29-2002 07:18 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper

I don't think it can only be them ruling over the entire galaxy/universe or whatever. Some of them probably couldn't come cos of politics, in their own battles etc. Also, would you say that Osiris is a System Lord? Cos she seemed only there as a representative of Anubis. Therefore does that mean that spoiler for S6, one of the first 7 eps, don't know the title, sorry [spolier]Khonsu[/spoiler] could also be considered a SL? (Cos he was supposed to be an underling of Anubis, (as Osiris was). Then you get onto people like Zipacna, who's also a sub lord. Though ... has he swapped loyalities from Apophis/Klorel (before they died ) cos.. well, would it be worth it to employ a traitor?

Also, half of the Goa'uld at Summit we'd never heard of, and yet it was made out that they were major SL's, so stands to reason there must be others?

btw, regards SL's, you could try gateworld.net.

Old Post 09-29-2002 12:30 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Osiris was there asking for System Lord status for Anubis. Underlings aren't System Lords.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-29-2002 12:48 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

What is a system lord anyways

is it a gou'uld who is in charge of a planet or a group of planets. In this case all those other goauld who were in charge of certain naquadah mines would be considered system lords

the tok'ra pyramid only had 13 system lords with Ra on top, which was probably an old record

Old Post 10-18-2002 02:04 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Lord usually refers to 'nobility' - a class of Goa'ulds maybe, as opposed to a specific rank - which would make Klorel a 'Lord', MAYBE Osiris (as he was once a lord, but now works for another?) - i wouldn't go as far to say Zippy, but thats only because i think he's an idiot.

Old Post 10-18-2002 03:35 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

^^^ baaahahhaha like the logic jk - he's an idiot so can't be a lord, oh my, if only that were the case in real life - LOL...

Old Post 10-18-2002 05:03 AM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
*NUKED* *
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Ok, system lords are people who actually attend meetings like summit, not people who are sent by other people : Osiris. And Dawar, the tok'ra had a list of system lords and their highest underlings.

Old Post 10-20-2002 01:56 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I'd say that the Goa'uld Empire is much bigger that previously shown. Bigger than just the System Lords. I'm one to say that the System Lords are members of the largest, most dominant "nation" within the Empire, a sect and/or political alliance of several Goa'uld houses and bloodlines.

However, they do not encompass all Goa'uld forces. Other sects and alliances exist. The Linvris being the only example shown so far. The Linvris was an alliance of nine Goa'uld leaders, presumably the holders of nine houses and the armies under their command. There could be other alliances out there.

I'd analogize by saying the System Lords are the equivalent of the Warsaw Pact or NATO: a big group, yes. But not everyone is counted into it.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 10-20-2002 at 05:59 AM

Old Post 10-20-2002 03:34 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I agree with RH. This thread is really copmlicated, so i'm not gonna go in depth with my opinion.

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 10-20-2002 04:09 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Yes the Goa'uld Empire is much bigger than just the System Lords. They just rule and enforce the Protected Planets treaty over other Goa'uld.

In the old order, possibly the oldest Goa'uld and the most powerful created like a Secret Goa'ulds business club that only his friends could attend. And they talked about trivial matters like planets and domains and killing for fun.

Probs:
Apophis was never a System Lord. No underlords are either.

Old Post 10-20-2002 11:06 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote