Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > *NOTICE* Behaviour and Posting Warning!
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

*NOTICE* Behaviour and Posting Warning!

Ok, as a lot of you guys will have noticed the moderators of this forum (which includes myself) are really starting to crack down on meaningless spam, posts going off topic amongst other problems.

Because this is the Off Topic forum there is somewhat more leniency with restrictions of content within a thread. Having said this though, it does NOT mean that you have the right to say and post whatever you want.

There is still to be NO bashing/flaming of any user based on ANYTHING, which includes, but is not limited too: previous posts, age, gender, race or any reasons. No major insulting, you can easily tell between someone having a joke and a downright insult to someone. It's not on guys, so knock it off.

Secondly, since the introduction of VBulletin it has come to my attention (as it has a few other moderators) that people have been trying to get their post counts up as quick as possible. Unfortunately, this has resulted in so many absolutely POINTLESS messages and threads that it is not funny. Any attempts at Post Count Increases and Spam in the Off Topic forum will also not be tolerated.

It's just common sense guys, I really didn't want to have to explain it but with the behaviour of some of you it seems that we have to. Please take this as an official warning. The above points, I would believe, other moderators are enforcing in their forums. I know that with the General Forum (the other forum I moderate) I'm going to be watching like a hawk threads that go Off Topic or are not related to Stargate SG-1, but I won't go into that here.

The Off Topic Forum has Moderators for a reason... Consider yourself warned...

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-13-2001 09:09 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I have a question for all the members.

Can you swear?

I don't know if it's been put in, but I see some people have asterisk words (which on the old board meant a swear word). Does that mean it bleeps out members? Cos it doesn't bleep me out when I swear.

Anyways, if anyone is as mature as they think they are they won't get offended by such words, only the context if it's abusive.

Old Post 11-13-2001 09:42 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i leave the first and last letters and asterix the rest

Old Post 11-13-2001 10:47 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I censor myself. Not that I say much anyway, but no need to potentially offend some people I guess.

Old Post 11-13-2001 12:44 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Excuse the language:

Nope, doesn't edit out mine.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-13-2001 08:09 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Thanks oFFaL and other mods - i prefer a bulliten board/forum to a chat room.

Old Post 11-13-2001 08:12 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Wow, how scary are you guys!! But yeah, I totally agree, and well done for doing a good job and so on.....I'll try and stay on topic... No, wait, I *will* stay on topic (otherwise you'll delete it!!) but erm... are you gonna be like, *really* stern, and delete absolutely anything thats off topic, or allow a few OT posts in each thread, or what... ?

Old Post 11-14-2001 06:36 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
but erm... are you gonna be like, *really* stern

well, they're gonna be so stern they haven't replied to you since you posted this on the 14th November 2001.

dude, that was last year

Old Post 01-02-2002 11:49 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

I agree with the process of moderation, but all this tough talk from the mods seems to be to no avail, none of the mods seem to care two s**ts about what is posted.

Old Post 01-06-2002 01:16 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Do you realise how much time it takes to wade through of all this pointless spam that gets posted?
We have lives you know. This forum never used to need moderating like this, it's changed.

Old Post 01-06-2002 09:16 AM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I usually just skip to the last page of the thread and see if it has anything to do with the the first post. if it doesn't then I'll see what they are discussing. if it's still Stargate and still a discussion then I'll keep it, if not then I'll do somthing. Incidentally most of the posts seem to be Bose-Einstein and the Doc going on about astronimcal things that just "whoosh" to me.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 01-06-2002 10:33 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Mac
Do you realise how much time it takes to wade through of all this pointless spam that gets posted?
We have lives you know. This forum never used to need moderating like this, it's changed.

True enough, and I apologise for the language above, but its kind of wierd that the mods (some of them) are always warning and doing nothing anyway, and others (oFFaL in particular) seems to come out of nowhere and lock loads, not that I am against oFFaL any longer, they make very valid points. However, it would be good to see moderation in the moderation.

Old Post 01-06-2002 11:01 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

How do you tell whether the mods are deleting posts or not? Think about it, if there was something we didn't want you to see, then you wouldn't even find out about it.

Old Post 01-06-2002 12:19 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Mac

What's wrong with it? I think it's funny a lot of the time. It usually is easy to skip over it as well. And what's with this whole post count thing, it's not like you get a prize for having a high count so why is that a reason to cut down on spamming.

We could discuss this on my Locked thread but it was closed for no reason. It was in the correct forum, the forum is about stargate, gaters.net is about stargate, and it was about the forum. Also the description says "don't know where else to put it, put it here" or something like that.

Old Post 01-06-2002 02:57 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Lee - I can see what the mods mean tho, imagine if you signed in once, and there was a topic that you really felt strongly about like... I dunno... computers or cars, or something and you read the thread, only to find it had turned into a meaningless discussion about ...clouds or something.... And considering there a few members who *do* have lives, and can only come once every few days, that must get pretty irritating for them. You can still discuss it in "oFFal's powertrip" thread.

Goa'uld - Considering there are a few members who come on more often than you (or other mods) then chances are ... and like you could keep it to yourself anyway.... You'd wanna brag, just like we tricked you into now...

Old Post 01-06-2002 04:09 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote