Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Where do little queens come from?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Venus

I don't think Amaunet was a spawning Queen. I'm sure someone at one point gave a list of spawning Queen, and Amaunet wasn't in it.

Though I was just thinking, a Queen spawns loads of lil symbiotes, doesn't she? But would there be one dominant one, (i.e. as seems hinted at in Into The Fire), and the others, what... serve as symbiotes? Or if they all served as symbiotes, then 7 years later, it's be like the millenium baby boom. Which I suppose would ensure your family line continues, but then it also ensures lots of rivalry...

And interesting idea about the genetic memory ... But then how was Ra adhering to that when he locked Hathor in a sarc? And then shouldn't they have had an instinct to protect Egeria as well (even though she was working against them... if it's in their blood to protect her... Hmm, could be an interesting fic, that, )

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:32 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trucker

Well, they didn't kill Egeria - just locked her up. I thought the prison was supposed to be indefinite but then she was found and 'released', sort of.

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:38 AM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

See we have seen Goa'uld wipe out entire planets of people without even a hint of guilt. They are the epiphamy of pure evil.

YET they still wont kill one of their own Queens or the Queen of the Tok'Ra. They simply lock them away as Tucker pointed out.

Coud they be unable to "pull the trigger"?

Maybe when a Queen spawns her offspring they will battle together for dominance over that group, either becoming sworn enemies or grudgingly accepting the heirarchy? Remember Klorel seemed to almost gloat about the fact that Apophis gave him a host.. Apophis's gift in exchange for a loyal son?

(Dont mock the spelling, I haven't had coffee )

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:46 AM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by Anudist

Coud they be unable to "pull the trigger"?

nah i'd think it was more to do with survival of species. the queens are so rare that they wouldn't risk killing one in case something happened to the other queens.

i'd always figured that the queens of the goa'uld worked like queens in ant or bee hives?

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:45 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

What about the idea of having a queen born every generation.......and a generation may just be 100 years or the years that it takes to mature.... And the reason why there are so little queens may be due to the fact that The jaffa do go to war and you have seen many jaffa die so then some of the queens may have died in the infent stage......as well as the queens that have been spawed by the last stage of queens are yet to reach maturaty......or i could just be going on about nothing.

Edit: Do the queens really need a host to spawn??

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:19 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, it would be wise for them to ensure that their offspring could meld properly with a host.

Though... why were you saying queens might have died in the infant stage?

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:08 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

Because they would have died when a Jaffa was killed in battle.

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:22 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trucker

Thy don't need a host to spawn - Egeria was in a fish tank and her babies had all their instincts, albeit not much else.

With bees, it is the adult workers that decide on which eggs will become queen eggs by feedin the egg more sugar.

Old Post 12-12-2002 03:04 PM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Didn't Egeria say she could decide? (Or manipulate the DNA somehow or something?) And maybe a Queen G also needs to be in a host for seven years first?

Old Post 12-12-2002 05:22 PM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Yes she did say something like that which is why she changed all her babies so that they have that one default.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:18 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote