Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > nemesis footage online
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

The Sovereign class starship (Enterprise-E) was must undoubtedly built more along the lines of a 'warship' philosophy as a result of both Borg and Dominion threats. It's 'squashed' a bit more flat?the dihedral on the nacelle struts and the low profile of the saucer compared to the stardrive hull are much lower that seen in previous starship models. This presents a smaller target silhouette in a head-on run, compared to the bloated, over-gimmicked whale we know as the Galaxy-class (that godawful Enterprise-D that got kicked out of the skies by a 20-year old Klingon Bird of Crap).

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-02-2002 11:04 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

If there is any footage of nemesis on this page may it be gone, and the soverign class was indeed designed with battle in mind, it has borg technology based sensors, which allow it to penetrate most shiled systems used in the lower classes of ships: Eg POS Romulan War Birds etc,

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:26 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
If there is any footage of nemesis on this page may it be gone

nope the footage is still there i just watched it again a few minutes ago, and how do you know that Enterprise-e uses borg sensors???

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:02 AM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

quote:
Originally posted by bikemancs
ummm...I hate to do this but it was established in just about every earlier series that romulans and Klingons can NOT fire through the cloak because cloaking in essance pulls you out of normal space and time. so therefore firing a weapon while cloaked would do nothing........... :P

Thats not what was established. The cloaking device works by folding light around the ship so that you cant see it. There is phase shifting envolved but not to the extent that Romulan and Klingon vessels go out of phase with the rest of the galaxy. The reason they cant fire while cloaked is because they didnt have enough power to use the weapons and cloak at the same time. The Reman vessels uses a new form of power generator based on the Romulan quantum drive and secrets about Starfleet warp drives stolen by the Tal'shiar. In short the Valdore has enough power to use the cloak and wepaons at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
The Sovereign class starship (Enterprise-E) was must undoubtedly built more along the lines of a 'warship' philosophy as a result of both Borg and Dominion threats. It's 'squashed' a bit more flat?the dihedral on the nacelle struts and the low profile of the saucer compared to the stardrive hull are much lower that seen in previous starship models. This presents a smaller target silhouette in a head-on run, compared to the bloated, over-gimmicked whale we know as the Galaxy-class (that godawful Enterprise-D that got kicked out of the skies by a 20-year old Klingon Bird of Crap).

The new nacelles are based with the warp coils facing up so that the warp field is emitted vertically so that there is no damage to sub-space. This design is a more advanced version than the variable geometry nacelles that we see on the Intrepid class.

Entreprise D was designed and built in times of peace with exploration in mind and weapons designed to defend itself. The Enterprise E is exploration ship also but packs the most advanced weapons in the fleet.

Last edited by O'Neill on 12-04-2002 at 11:17 AM

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:12 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

i think that it was stated in the TNG eppisode (where Troy is kidnapped onto a Warbird so she can give the access codes to get the Warbird through Federation listening posts) that the warbirds cloak depends on the ship being in total balance of some kind of power and that firing the wepons would disrupt this balance and cause the cloak to fail

and as far as the clock enabeling the ship to go out of normal sapce/time BAHH crazytalk

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:22 AM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Yes balance of power. Not balance of time.

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:23 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KTog

I can only answer this from a role play perspective, but dealing with ship design and all it comes down to power. It takes a LOT of power to run a cloak, therefore most ships don't have to power to operate their weapons while cloaked. That's just how I always understood it as.

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:07 PM
KTog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KTog Click here to Send KTog a Private Message Find more posts by KTog Add KTog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Not to mention disrupting the cloak etc... two reasons which may work for directed energy weapons....

Torpedoes.. the only thing that would work for that is disrupting the cloak, I mean its been stated before, also, exactly how much power does it take to fire a torpedo out of a hole?

I mean there they are, capable of cruising at 3500 times the speed of light, supporting 900 crew members with all kinds of power hungry luxuries, communicating across thousands of light years, with massively powerful weapons and a cloak, but no, no ones worked out how to fire a torpedo out of the side of the ship with a cloak on due to power consumption reasons

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:09 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

My take on the "no weps through cloak" would be either: the passage of a weapon through a cloaking field would either disrupt the cloak (to full dissipation, requiring the cloaking field to be fully re-established by recycling the device, costing valuable time in a battle and makes the cloak impractical if you plane to fire often in the fight) or even possibly damage the device (as energy backwashes through the vulnerable emitter); or the cloaking field itself would cause the weapon to fail miserably, by phase-shifting beam weapons or blinding/detonating the guidance systems of torps.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 12-12-2002 at 04:03 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 04:00 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote