Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Prometheus (spoilers)
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

OK,

I read somewhere that they misspelled Michael's name. Did they and how did they spell it?

Didn't this remind you of a STAR TREK episode?????

LOVED THIS EPISODE BY THE WAY!!!!

ERIN

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-25-2002 12:59 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I would just like to say that reading Brent's posts is annoying.

Sadly a lot of this episode was not believable. I am looking forward to the next one though.

Old Post 08-25-2002 02:34 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

I thought that this episode was just average. For the most part, much of it was unbelieveable. Why was the X-303 so low key that no one had talked about it before. Don't youthink if it was really int he works they would have mentioned it a million times? I liked the design of the ship, but found it highly unusual that they were running simulations and no one was about working on them. I loved the exchange between Jack and Teal'c when Jack saved him after offing Simmons. Looks like the healing power of the symbiote allowed Adrian Conrad to put on a few pounds in his scenes. Agree on the Sam McGuyvering comments.

Old Post 08-25-2002 02:44 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
I would just like to say that reading Brent's posts is annoying.

Well, um... don't read it then? I don't know what to tell ya, I don't see anything wrong with it? It's perfectly on topic right? All I did was watch the show again and then comment through the whole show as it happend as things came to me, is there something wrong with that? i even gave a warning in my first line that it was a long synopsis...

or was it about me questing about the windows on the prometheus? because that's a very valid question concerning what we learned in Season 1 about ships and transparent windows in Hyperspace, right?

please enlighten me why my post is annoying, thanks

all i know is that i come here to talk about and enjoy one of my hobbys/passions of SciFi, Stargate to me is a very exciting show and I REALLY get into it... but if i am being annoying please let me know how I can correct this and I will try to be less 'annoying' to you...

Last edited by Brent on 08-25-2002 at 03:24 AM

Old Post 08-25-2002 03:19 AM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

quote:
3. Carter's MacGuyvering. As soon as I saw all those parts everywhere and that look on her face, I unconsiously began humming the MacGuyver theme.
This was my favorite part. When she started looking around, picking up parts laying around and studying them, I remarked "oh, she's going to MacGyver a way out of this" -- and she did!

I really enjoyed this episode. It was actually in space, Carter had a big part in it (yes, I'm biased), and it wasn't too X-Fileish. I wasn't expecting Simmons to die though; I was picturing him as a new upcoming Goa'uld.

As for the truck in the parking lot, if it really was the same truck used for Jack's transportation, that could mean nothing more than the fact that some crewmember is the owner of the truck and they liked it, so they used it to fill a space for the scene.

But then, shippers would have to cling to that. Since O'Neill never batted an eye when he learned Sam was most likely going to die. And when he saw that she was alive, he still never batted an eye...

Edit: pssst, Brent, don't take things people say here personally. Even if they are mods.

I for one hadn't remembered that piece of information, but glass really can't do the job, so it's a valid topic. In Star Trek they have transparent aluminum and otherwise just use viewscreens to project a "window". And in Star Wars they have transparisteel. So... ::shrugs::

Last edited by Sam K on 08-25-2002 at 03:31 AM

Old Post 08-25-2002 03:26 AM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Or, on the windows, a force field outside the glass or whatever while in hyperspace...

That way, you can lose power in areas without sucking the crew out into a vacuum...

And, considering what Sam had to work with, an expert in her fields should know how to construct a simple radio off the top of her head...

...The only really difficult part might've been finding a frequency and creating a tuner for it that the military radios would recieve...

...power and all.

Honestly, I'd hope the "roof" was radio-opaque so Russian Satellites don't spot this big pit that looks an awful lot like a dry dock...

...in Nevada.

Unless everyone with radar-mapping satellites knew about the ship.

I have a really odd feeling Simmons isn't quite dead yet.

It's just me, but until the heads removed, put on a pike for display and the body is roasted to be sure...

...you just can't be sure.

And, ummm, Brent, Goa'uld gets a bit cranky sometimes* and your post, while very informative and thought provoking, was longer than he probably expected or liked.

Good points, and if I had more sleep right now, I'd post a reply...

* - Prunes, man, they'll help you out... or apple juice... or MRE cheese...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-25-2002 03:50 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Brent
...please enlighten me why my post is annoying, thanks...

Don't worry about it, Brent. G? got tiffy because you remind him of me.

I'd say, in "Within the Serpent's Lair" though Apophis clearly upgraded his ships' FTL technologies, he may not have had the time to add in the new "super windows" the Goa'uld came up with after Teal'c left. That' or the refinement to the FTL technology that extends inertial damping to viewports as well.

And you're right. 1200 light-years isn't exactly "down the street" in the galactic sense, but it is still well within the state lines.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-25-2002 03:50 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by Otis
Why was the X-303 so low key that no one had talked about it before. Don't youthink if it was really int he works they would have mentioned it a million times?

It was mentioned in Redemption.

Old Post 08-25-2002 05:07 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Erishian42
OK,

I read somewhere that they misspelled Michael's name. Did they and how did they spell it?

ERIN

Yeah, they did lol. In the closing credits it's spelt "Micheal" Shanks.

I enjoyed it, but I agree, the gov't did cave really fast. Maybe it's because the NID has some influence over the Joint Cheifs.

I also found one thing hard to accept - when Simmons demands they "open the roof" or he'd blow the ship, I thought that was overkill. I think he'd threaten to kill hostages first *before* he'd suicide. I think it was just a writer's short cut to get them off the planet and into space.

To paraphrase Jack, I'm 100% - well 99% sure Simmons is dead. A goa'uld symbiote can heal a lot of things, but I don't think exposure to vacuum is one of them. I think he's dead, woohoo.

I'm really very very glad that this episode wasn't a cliff-hanger - it'd make the wait until January excruciating.

Old Post 08-25-2002 05:51 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

you are all commenting on how "advanced" the ship is, has no one stopped to think that the asgard probably only want it exactly because it is so BACKWARDS - ie the replicators won't touch it??

and brent, i haven't been around long enough to comment on mod's moods etc, but i find your posts sometimes too long (but i just stop reading - no complaints). but i wonder if i am missing major points you make lower down in your messages?!?!??!?

Old Post 08-25-2002 05:59 AM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

ep was good, and it was kinda a cliffhaner but not a massive one i guess....

some was a bit overkill but i guess they just didnt have time to wait for all the silly negotiating stuff....

as for The Goa'uld jumping bodies..not that unusual...afterall jolinar did it.....jumped from one guy to sam quiet easily...

Old Post 08-25-2002 11:28 AM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Brent - you said "heh" and "lol" and other stupid words far to many times in your post. Every second sentence ended with the word "heh", do you know how difficult it is to read something like that?

Last edited by Goa`uld on 08-25-2002 at 12:20 PM

Old Post 08-25-2002 12:17 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

I enjoyed the episode, but it wasn't really "tight"--you had to ignore too many minor plot holes and a couple big ones too.

It just points up to me the age of the show. The writers are reluctant/unwilling/unable to delve into a "small" topic and really kick ass with it. Istead they have all of these "huge" over the top ideas that aren't executed well.

I watched Watergate in syndication on Saturday, less than 24 hours after Prometheus, and the decline in plotting, characterization, and writing quality is obvious to me. I think I'm shifting to the camp that hopes Season 6 is the last.

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 08-25-2002 02:32 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itssoLARGE

When the Asgard ship came and just sort of floated over the X-303 I thought it was a replicator controlled ship. And maybe they knew about the Ancients planet or something. Well anyways nice to see Thor again.

Old Post 08-25-2002 06:04 PM
itssoLARGE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for itssoLARGE Click here to Send itssoLARGE a Private Message Find more posts by itssoLARGE Add itssoLARGE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

I liked the episode...

I think the story was good enough to be spread over perhaps 3 episodes. The first one dealing with the press/hostage aspect, the second dealing with the goa'uld/simmons plot and the third dealing with the asgard. It seems a pity such a good story with so many highlights (delance, our own ship), gets pasted into a 45 minute slot when it could have had nightwalkers 45 minutes and made better use of it.

I swear I would have wept in despair if Jonass had been the one to build the radio instead of Sam, his intense knowledge of the ship was only just bearable.

If the ship gets destroyed in the next episode I will be really disapointed, It has such potential to open up more intense and interesting storylines.

The ship should have a gate (obviously needing a planet to make it functional), perhaps from one of the planets where SG1 instructed the people to bury the gate could provide it. Now that would be pretty cool.

Old Post 08-25-2002 07:37 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote