Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > What comp?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Shaneo
LOL, you think i would even be able to open IE with a computer like that not to mention run a site and the whole WMV thing ...

I know that for a fact...I first came onto Gaters.net with a 75Mhz Hewlett Packard with 24Mb RAM, a 2x CD-ROM, and the only modem that was working on it was the original 14.4 faxmodem.

IE took up too much of the resources. Netscape loaded and ran faster than IE.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:17 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

My computer has a keyboard, mouse, and telly thing with another bit that sits under the desk and hums. Don't have a clue what you guys are saying. I am not jealous at all .

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:35 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam
Supergirl

Mine too!!!

But mine has speakers and a scanner, and a little duck that sits on top of the screen bit and watches me type.
Oh yeah, and a modem. Most important part.

blog

Old Post 12-19-2002 08:03 AM
Sam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Click here to Send Sam a Private Message Visit Sam's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Add Sam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

Win XP Pro
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
1GB DDR SDRAM
180GB HD
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy 1394 - 5.1

Old Post 12-19-2002 08:42 AM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

^^^My computer will be Phatter than that^^^
It will also be fleece lined and custom silenced.

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:17 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

I'm upgrading again in June, I wanna get the GeForce FX

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:26 AM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
and a little duck that sits on top of the screen bit and watches me type.

I've got a NYFD teddy bear that does that here.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:57 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

OMG! This thread is sooo hilarious!

I'm not even gonna say what I have, except that it's kinda like the one that shaneo jokingly described first...
It works! What more do you need?

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:25 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

i don't konw the exact specs, but i have 7 comps, so... yeah some (like my laptop) REally suck.

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:27 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
I've got a NYFD teddy bear that does that here.

My dog does the same sort of thing. Just sits on the desk and stares silently at the lights of the CPU tower...

...yeah, he's a very lethargic dog, but then again he's 25 years old. They don't move around much after that second decade.

Here's a pic of when I first got him:

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Lookit lookit lookit!

I have no maskot bar the cold hard glass that is my desk.
It reminds me of what lies beyond gaters, harsh reality.

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:37 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Mascots eh?

I've got a leather bound notebook, and a printer covered in a green T-shirt with a fish on it to keep out the dust.

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:08 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I have nothing on the screen... I would feel freaked out that it kept looking at me and in my strange sugar induced moments i would ask what the hell are you looking at hmm???

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:27 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I've yet to meet one of those pps that you see in movies that have yello notes all stuck to the side on the screen.

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:32 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I have them on my bead room wall if that counts.......I wnat a new computer. Waaaa P4 with dsl.

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:42 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote