Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Promithus tech (SPOILERS)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lnt.kaos
Grrrrrr!

Promithus tech (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS I just thought i should warn you that this ep is about the ep memento 6:20

Ok look at this
this is onbord the x-303 (the background looks like it) so this means the x-303 has transporter rings on it. where did they get them from?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:43 PM
Lnt.kaos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lnt.kaos Click here to Send Lnt.kaos a Private Message Find more posts by Lnt.kaos Add Lnt.kaos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

It is the x-303 if you looks at the rest of the screenshots they are pretty much in order of when they will appear on the episode. So we seen the x-303 in the air, then landing then that picture, then Sg-1 waking away from the 303. So I would it defentley is the x-303.Where and how? Well they have had amble time to study them. Seth's mansion, The Other Guys in the 'Other Guys' were studying one. Also in Daniels alt relaity when he had the Harsesis' memory in him, he had installed rings in his house, whatever thats worth.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:25 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Cannibalism or perhaps help constructing them with help of Tokra scientists etc... I dont like the idea that they can make them now though.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:27 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Judging from the appearance of the ring emitters themselves, looks they they nabbed them from the snakes. A Terran-manufactured ring emitter array would look more?clunky?would it not?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:45 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, depends on how they made them.

In Absolute power, clearly Danny boy let all the Terran scientists in on all the good secrets, and the US government furnished them with all the money they needed to make decent copies.
I just seriously dont like the Idea that they could just make their own versions of transporters, give it 10/20 years man lol, but up till then, just cannibalised stuff in selected few privelidged areas.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:51 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

I was thinking more along the lines of visual style, not functionality.

Terran rings would be something I imagine to be studded with struts, modular emitter plates, and exposed wires/coils. The rings in the above screencap look a mite too much alien to have a "Made in the U.S.A." label.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:55 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I dont know about the exposed look, I think theyd patch it up pretty well, I mean they seemed to do a decent job with the ship.

Well, for what its worth, I reckon these are cannibalised.

EDIT: actually, perhaps earths first transport system would be between fixed points, somewhat like transport rings, but not moving, rather people being raised or lowered into the sealed transport zone.

Youd have one on all earth ships, and one in the SGC, one in X, one at y etc etc, places youd want to get to from your ship.

You then be raised into the transport hub and be directed to one of these select few places able to accept transports....

They could perhaps be able to be used with any Goa'uld ring transports too, they being backwards compatible

Last edited by president doc on 12-17-2002 at 10:02 PM

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:59 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Or the rings would open and close like a clamshell. People/cargo walk onto the circle, the rings close up around them, and vrooom.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:31 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

This is slightly off-topic but has anyone noticed those hemispheres on the surface of a ha'taks wings? I have a theory that they may be transmission nodes, for getting ring signals all over the ship even though they have fixed long range transmission points (apex of the pryamid).

This is supported in Summit where Osiris' ship is underneath a wing when the stream goes straight up.

The Tau'ri have huge access to rings. Theres the set that is in each pyramid, somewhere. The set that Osiris left. The set on their tel'tak and on and on and on. Since each great civilisation seemed to be ruled by a goa'uld at one point or another, there would be a platform in each rulers complex.

If the tau'ri were able to make their own rings, the hardest part would be the fashioning of the fields that raise or lower them. So, like was said earlier, I think the rings would just be held in place mechanically and objects lowered into their pit.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:41 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Hmm, I like the rising into the rings, first of all, looks pretty neat in terms of people entering some kind of rising platform into a completely sealed area... more menacing too...

also, would kinda make sense in a human tech way...

i.e. dont want to have any breaks or complex moveable joins in technology and materials which operate the transporting matrix considering it would be something we just came up with!

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:42 PM
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
The Tau'ri have huge access to rings. Theres the set that is in each pyramid, somewhere. The set that Osiris left. The set on their tel'tak and on and on and on. Since each great civilisation seemed to be ruled by a goa'uld at one point or another, there would be a platform in each rulers complex.

If the tau'ri were able to make their own rings, the hardest part would be the fashioning of the fields that raise or lower them. So, like was said earlier, I think the rings would just be held in place mechanically and objects lowered into their pit.

Don't you think the Tau'ri would need both sets of rings to figure it out. I'm just wondering how they'd figure it out unless they could observe the beam sending stuff from point A to B. Having just one ring system means that in order for the Tau'ri to figure it out, they'd have to create the second one based on the first one, they pray the one they created works. I suppose that's possible.

Also, the rings wouldn't necessarily need to raise and lower, maybe just make a chamber that has a door that opens and closes. The point is to have the technology surrounding the object that will be transported. The moving rings is just eye-candy!

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:17 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

They have many ring platforms that are all compatible, all they'd have to do is stick 2 of them in the same room.

Plus a ring system does not need a destination unit to transport stuff over long distance.

Old Post 12-18-2002 08:57 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

You mean a short distance....?

The only time weve seen What you say is when rings have left a ship and beamed stuff in or out... short distance.

Rings on the Tokra planet or in Absolute power cant be considered to be the same set of rings on both the surface and underground as we cant really see them move down.... the ones on the ship can be considered the same due to size/space considerations.

Old Post 12-18-2002 09:01 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Yep I meant short distance.

Rings on the Tokra planet or in Absolute power cant be considered to be the same set of rings on both the surface and underground
In The Other Guys (that again) they said that every ring platform is the same (standardized so that they're all compatible)

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:41 PM
president doc

I meant the "same" rings in the sense that the rings went through the ground all the way down and then rematerialsed them people down there.

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:46 PM