Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > GATERS FAQ - everyone please read
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

yeah, i was going to say - ignore grammatical and spelling errors... i went to the same school as DEATH (no, really )

Thanks for the tip Goa'uld, i'll do that on finalcopy.

Bose - nice idea... if the Keeper is willing to put something like that together....? regulars can send the pic they want on the page, or something, have them cropped, yadda yadda... Just linking to the Post your Pix thread isn't such a good idea... its such a mess!!

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 09-12-2002 at 02:31 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-12-2002 02:28 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

uh, I dunno about anyone else, but I wouldn't give a photo of myself for a page like that

Old Post 09-12-2002 04:44 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

draw a cartoon image of yourself

Old Post 09-12-2002 05:23 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

yea a photo and my name on the top of the list would forfill my need for validation well

Old Post 09-12-2002 06:58 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Good job, JK, I really liked it.

Old Post 09-12-2002 04:18 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lnt.kaos
Grrrrrr!

When Reading thought i noticed something in the "Who Is The Keeper?" Question

quote:
Who is The Keeper?
The all seeing, all doing, Lord and Master of gaters.net. The Keeper is the administrator of these forums, and controls everything ? the layout, membership, database, archives, programming and whatever else it takes to keep this place running. They assign the moderators, upload new avatars and have the final say in everything that goes on around here. The Keeper can help you if you are having problems with your login or membership account, and can be contacted via Private Message (PM). They also have the ability to delete your account, so don?t go pissing anyone off.
No-one knows who they really are, so don?t bother asking us.

You Have Refered to The Keeper in plural, is that an error or is it deliberate ?(is there more that one Keeper)

Old Post 09-12-2002 05:19 PM
Lnt.kaos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lnt.kaos Click here to Send Lnt.kaos a Private Message Find more posts by Lnt.kaos Add Lnt.kaos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Geat job J,K! Though maybe you shoul move the Who is The Keeper question up to the top because you mention him in other answers and some people wouldn't know who he is until they get that far down.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-12-2002 05:30 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Logical thinking, KC.

Huuge... props or kudos or something to JK for doing it all on her own. (or did you have help?)

Old Post 09-12-2002 05:49 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
Bose - nice idea... if the Keeper is willing to put something like that together....? regulars can send the pic they want on the page, or something, have them cropped, yadda yadda... Just linking to the Post your Pix thread isn't such a good idea... its such a mess!!
It's far nicer in terms of presentation and serves somewhat to reinforce a sense of "community" on the board. It would take all of five mins to set up too.

Old Post 09-12-2002 05:57 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Just link them to the thread, or mention the title as a way to get them using the search function.

Old Post 09-12-2002 06:10 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Are you going to put up a links section J,K?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-12-2002 06:13 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

The photo thing I linked too was much nicer than a post ur pix thread, far better organised and has more of the feng shui going for it.

Old Post 09-12-2002 07:47 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Lnt.kaos
When Reading thought i noticed something in the "Who Is The Keeper?" Question

You Have Refered to The Keeper in plural, is that an error or is it deliberate ?(is there more that one Keeper)

Maybe she used the royal "plural" on purpose?

Old Post 09-12-2002 11:07 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

er.. yeah.. thats it... actually its because i dont know who it is or how i should refer to.. er.. them.

Bose - agreed on your picture page - what do you need from us?

KC - links section.....? other than the few links already in there, i dont want to start playing favorites and ..well... i know nothing of the SG-1 online fandom than this forum..

NOTE: this is just one section, relating exclusively to this forum - i hope to finish another FAQ dealing with the community in general soon, ie: where to download eps, common terms, etc etc.. links would probably be better in that one.

Thanks for the kudos guys, and i give them to back to those that made suggestions and helped with info. credits will be on the final version

Old Post 09-12-2002 11:32 PM
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
Bose - agreed on your picture page - what do you need from us?
Well, is it to be vB integrated, or simply a standalone aspect hosted at http://archive.gaters.net/2001-2003/memberphotos for example? Erm, *thinks* Also, you'll want to have it moderated so that only those with passwords (mods) can add/edit/remove entries and other members can't put goatse pics in their entries - which would mean maybe leaning on vB integrated solution (or simply a conventional solution with user/pass posted in the mod forum). Hmm, I will work on this actually. I think it would be good to do it more like a hack which I've seen on other sites, though that was limited to member profiles pages, but erm... Yeah, leave it with me.

Old Post 09-13-2002 11:30 AM