Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

all i'm saying is that we don't know enough about them or their ways to properly palce them in the chart.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:04 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I think that thing in that temple with the crystal skull was an ancient.
The Ancients are human.

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:09 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
all i'm saying is that we don't know enough about them or their ways to properly palce them in the chart.

Now but then we could just simplify the chart to;

1. Nox
2. Asgard, Aschen
3. Gou'ald, Tok'ra
4. Tauri

What fun would that be?
Note: This is a simplified list that has nothing to do with the other one...

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:12 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

don't be silly. We never met the them is what i'm trying to point out. and you were the one who said your chart was about 'enlightenment' or whatever, in order to determine that, you have to know a lot more about the race than we do those aliens.

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:35 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

The aschen are no where near the az'gard, the ashen couldn't even deciphre the gate system, the Tollan did, and don't say the tollan are the Tauri coz u know they ain't, and the goa'uld are above the tok'ra remember Adrian Conrad, he knew how to get teal'c out of the gate where as the tok'ra did not, and we next to nothing about the nox, they made that so...

Old Post 12-09-2002 11:52 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

?nubis:

The Tollan didn't deciphre the gate system. They were handed the solution. Or in best case did some reverse engineering from the DHD. It's impossible to decipher the gate system without the luck the Tauri has had. Not even the Tollan could do that. Omoc's statement in "Enigma" doesn't say anything about Tollans deciphre anything, it just declares that the Tauri are to primitive to be able to do it. Besides, the Tollans had a DHD, which neither the Aschen, Volians or any of the planets in the federation had.
And please remember that "48 hours" was a episode that was supposed to sweep over series inconsistancies. Besides, Adrian Conrad knowledge... It's just wierd... Why can the Gou'ald choose which knowledge they want to share? Via genetics? How the f**k do they share it when they're alone in some backwater of the galaxy. Excuse me, but the Gou'ald sharing memories is just to wierd and must be considered one of the weakest points in the show. How come the other system lords didn't know where Anubis was if they share all their memories and so on... No... I don't think we can put the Gou'ald higher than the Tok'ra since the Tok'ra has to be able to immitate the Gou'ald to get around.
The Tollan are Tauri. Just on different stages of technical development. Do you consider a bushman in a Africa to not be part of humanity? Please explain...
Besides, the Nox being able to control matter put's them way ahead of the Asgard. If the Asgard were anywhere close the Nox, they wouldn't have their current problems.

Dr.Taz:

I might be silly, but we know as much of the Gadmeer as many else. But I didn't put them in the list in the first place since I didn't even remember them.

Old Post 12-10-2002 04:05 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

season 5 minor spoiler

are the tollan taur'i though they are well brainier than us and why would they try to kill their own race off

Old Post 12-10-2002 11:48 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

they are human anubis. They came from earth orginialy and haven't evolved in any other way then us except more technologicaly.

The goa'uld i think only get the genetic memory of their parents when they are born. I think only the harcesis has the memory of all the goa'uld. but i think he only has the memories of the goa'uld at his time of birth...

Old Post 12-10-2002 01:01 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

The tollan are far more advanced then the tau'ri, do u consider the az'gard that was in Heimdall's lab to be an average az'gard as we know it? Genetically the tollan have developed differently, they are far far far far far more advanced then the tauri.

quote:
It's impossible to decipher the gate system without the luck the Tauri has had.
Where did u pull this gem? The Nox have deciphred the gate, as have the ancients, the az'gard and surely the furlings, and one of the planets within range of P4C-970 would have had a dhd, like the one that is now uninhabitable.
quote:
the Nox being able to control matter put's them way ahead of the Asgard. If the Asgard were anywhere close the Nox, they wouldn't have their current problems.
THe nox would have been wiped out by the replicators, they wouldn't have fought back, and the nox don't controll matter, they control the mind, there is a huge difference... And because the nox look human are they human????

Old Post 12-11-2002 12:13 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
The tollan are far more advanced then the tau'ri, do u consider the az'gard that was in Heimdall's lab to be an average az'gard as we know it? Genetically the tollan have developed differently, they are far far far far far more advanced then the tauri.
Where did u pull this gem? The Nox have deciphred the gate, as have the ancients, the az'gard and surely the furlings, and one of the planets within range of P4C-970 would have had a dhd, like the one that is now uninhabitable.
THe nox would have been wiped out by the replicators, they wouldn't have fought back, and the nox don't controll matter, they control the mind, there is a huge difference... And because the nox look human are they human????

The Ancients constructed the gate system, therefore they didn't decipher it. The Asgard and the Nox knew the Ancients and were at one point allied with the Ancients. Why would the Ancients not explain to them how the gate system works. Same goes for the Furlings. So it was not gem to pull...

As for the Tollans. They didn't seem to be that much into genetic engineering as the Asgards is. There's no indication of them ever engineering there own bodies since they needed special equipment for most of the things they did. Like the hospital uplink, the phaseshifting stuff and the emotion storage device. If they were into genetic engineering they would've made some of that stuff as a part of themselves, like the Asgard. There's also no evidence of evolution from the Tollans since all their devices, that were connected with the brain and so on seemed to fit a ordinary Tauri like a hand in a glove.

The Nox are clearly humanoid, but not human. They don't look like your ordinary Tauri either. Not even the little kid. So they're most certainly different. And please, look at the episode "The Nox" one more time. Even if your mind is fooled, you cannot walk through a solid object as they do in that episode. So therefore, either they teleport things with their mind or they control matter. Just controlling the mind wouldn't do that. And wouldn't it be easier to make the soldiers in "Enigma" lay down their guns instead of making them disappear. After all they would've still been able to fire them if they were only hidden. And the Fenriz do seem to be transported away somewhere, not just hidden in the episode "The Nox". So IMHO, everything points to that they are able to control matter with their mind. Just give me some substancial evidence that I'm wrong instead of stating that I'm wrong...

Old Post 12-11-2002 04:01 AM
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Anubis, just because the tollan know more than the Tau'ri, doesn't mean they're not human Lots of people know more you or me, does that mean we're not human?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:29 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

That is true. Does that go for the Nox as well?

BTW, Kamakazi, inconceivable!!! Is that off The Princess Bride by any chance?

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:38 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Does that go for the nox? What I just said? Well, yeah, it goes for every race. Or do you mean are the Nox human? No, they're not.

And, yep, sure is.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:15 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

"You keep a-using that word.... I don't think it means whata you think it means."

No, I meant does that go for the Nox because they're humanoid?

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:32 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i'd think calling something humanoid would mean that hey only look like humans or resemble humans. like most of the aliens in ST.

The nox are clearly not human for reasons 320 said, they just look human, hence humanoid. Right?

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:24 PM