Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Holy Grail
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Holy Grail

Doing an ISP (Interest study project) on how the legend of the holy Grail has been depicted through literature. Need to know any books, movies, documentaries, what every that you can think of that has the story based on the holy grail. Thanks for help. I have gone through net sites and libaries but didn't find much all that i could think of was the Indiana Jones and the holy Grail and monty Python and the holy Grail. No books just a few poems..

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-19-2002 01:11 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte d' Arthur (The Death of Arthur), volume II, methinks.

The Grail legend is based both upon Christian concepts (especially that of the Sangrall), but a lot of it also finds roots in pagan legends as well. Many Celtic and Norse legends center around vessels for the carrying of liquid: flasks, cauldrons, pools, etc. The cup represents the womb of the Goddess, the water-filled vessel from which all life grows and emerges. To drink from the cup is to tap into the basic and first essence from which all life springs.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:33 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

See Monty Python.

Old Post 12-19-2002 05:55 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Duh. She already saw it.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 05:59 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Oooh, while we're on it, if it's not too off topic... What's the stuff about Lancelot being incorporated into the myth by the French of something...

Total rubbish?

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:15 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
Oooh, while we're on it, if it's not too off topic... What's the stuff about Lancelot being incorporated into the myth by the French of something...

Total rubbish?

One place to start would be the writings and life of author Cheretin Le Troyes, the man who shoehorned a French knight named Lancelot du Lac into the Arthurian cycle.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:39 PM
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Monty Python adn the HOly Grail is the FUNNIEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!
sorry, but i just love it SO MUCH!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:21 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

"she turned me into a newt...... I got better..."

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:24 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

NI

and there was much rejoicing" yeah..."

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:26 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
<\?KULA/>

Location: its a bit further than the second lift in the Whitehouse

Was an hilarious movie. espesialy if uve surround sound and a 190cm plasma TV.

eccos....ni....ni.....ni.....lol

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:04 PM
<\?KULA/> is offline Click Here to See the Profile for <\?KULA/> Click here to Send <\?KULA/> a Private Message Find more posts by <\?KULA/> Add <\?KULA/> to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

Noticed this in my btbroadband site reccomendations booklet they sent me.
http://www.classiccomedy.net/grail.asp

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:48 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

i thought u was off school..

Old Post 12-20-2002 10:19 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I am but that doesn't mean that they are gonna pass up this option to bury us with work.

Old Post 12-20-2002 12:09 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote