Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > peeps in movies
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

peeps in movies

i cant find the old thread but i thought i would say... i saw the guy from emancipation in pearl harbor..he played a big part as one of the japanese generals
and i saw the guy from matter of time (he died and was jacks old friend..he fell through the wormhole rite at the end) in armegeddon... he was the pilot of freedom and he died in the movie when freedom crashed...he later hit the windscreen of the independence while flying through space....lol

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-15-2002 07:01 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Old guy from Emancipation? Soon Tek Ho? I don't recall him as a fleet admiral in the recent Pearl Harbor flick, but I did see him in another Pearl Harbor-related film, an old 1980 movie called The Final Countdown, where a US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier gets mysteriously pulled into the year 1941 and is in position to prevent the attack on Pearl Harbor.

He played one of the Japanese fighter pilots who tangled with the F-14 Tomcats from the carrier and was captured and brought to the ship.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 03-15-2002 at 08:03 PM

Old Post 03-15-2002 08:00 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Can somebody please tell me why I have not seen this movie?!!!

Old Post 03-15-2002 08:07 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

What, Pearl Harbour? Cos it's crap? Could do with about an hour taken out of it. Crummy love stories!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 03-15-2002 08:12 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

not bloody pearl harbour, the one with the time travelling aircraft carrier!!! i think im gonna go see that.

Old Post 03-15-2002 08:31 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

The Final Countdown, starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen, of all people. That should help you look for such a title online. The movie isn't exactly Oscar material, but the sight of F-14 Tomcats chasing Japanese Zeroes all over the sky is worth the price of a rental.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 03-15-2002 09:24 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

That dude was also in Planet of The Apes! Did anyone else see him?

Armageddon is on C5, this Tuesday for peeps in the UK! Tune in or B Square. That dude was also in The Rock. Colonel Cromwell is a bit of an In-Joke with me and Ash

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 03-15-2002 09:39 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IamNotMe
Grizzly Shredder

Amanda Tapping had a cameo in "Blacktop," the Meatloaf vehicle.

Ronnie Cox was in "Deliverance" and the "Beverly Hills Cop" series, just to name a few.

The guy who goes inside the Unas costume (in "The First Ones" and "Thor's Hammer" among others) also was the guy in the costume for the "Predator" films.

There's a ton more, but I'm going to stop now.

Jay Acovanne (Kowalsky) had a cameo in "Independence Day" but he scene was cut (unless you have the Special Edition).

Alright, I'm done.

Grizzly Shredder

Old Post 03-15-2002 11:26 PM
IamNotMe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IamNotMe Click here to Send IamNotMe a Private Message Visit IamNotMe's homepage! Find more posts by IamNotMe Add IamNotMe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Jay Avacone's appearance in ID4 is in the theatrical release, so it should be available within non-Special Edition releases of the movie.

Stargate SG-1 is not the only instance where Ronnie Cox has played the American President. He was the President in the ultra-sucky Captain America movie (definitely qualifies as the movie with the most incompetent villianous goons in the history of cinema).

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 03-16-2002 12:46 AM
IamNotMe
Grizzly Shredder

Ronny Cox played a Senator on SG-1, not the President.

I forgot about his performance in "Robocop." Awesome. That whole movie is so classic.

Grizzly Shredder

Old Post 03-16-2002 02:40 AM
IamNotMe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IamNotMe Click here to Send IamNotMe a Private Message Visit IamNotMe's homepage! Find more posts by IamNotMe Add IamNotMe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Well, Kinsey was the Prez in the episode "2010", and in the current story arc, he's going to run for the next election, so it's always a possibility.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 03-16-2002 03:33 AM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i didnt know the guy from matter of time was in so many movies!

Old Post 03-16-2002 07:10 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
That dude was also in Planet of The Apes! Did anyone else see him?

yeah, he played that dude who was Michael Clarke Duncan's rival i think

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Colonel Cromwell is a bit of an In-Joke with me and Ash

he is?

Old Post 03-16-2002 11:24 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Not really on topic, but have a quick (if somewhat unclear) question.

Is the actor in the Mummy Returns, with the flying zepppelin thingy the same person as the guy in Ocenas Eleven, who stole the ... electric ... thing that cut electricity?

And if it's not too far out the way, could you link up both their biographies??

Old Post 03-16-2002 11:29 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

just slighty off topic there Venus

was the guy from mot in planet of the apes ..or was it someone else

Old Post 03-16-2002 12:20 PM