Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Anise
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Ash Man

Vanessa Angel was also in kingpin... one of three Farrelly brother movies i can sit through and not think "what the hell is this crap!?". The other two being "Theres Something about Mary" and "Dumb and Dumber".

ash

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-04-2001 01:35 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

Yes, isn't it funny how when Jack or Daniel or some other male character is half naked then it's all ok... But as soon as a female dresses in anything other than a dress that you cant even see her breasts in -- oh no! get her off!

I guarentee that most of the people disputing her character are females (more than likely, older) who are jealous of her body Same sort of people that have a go at models and other attractive women.

/me ready to be flamed

Old Post 11-13-2001 06:16 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

wow, this debate seems familiar....

hey, i'm all for attractive women (DUH!!!) but the actress just annoys the crap out of me!!!! dont ask me why. Same with Catherin Bell (from JAG). she's HOT but damn if her acting/character/whatever just doesn't get on my nerves. I have no explanation.. i guess its kinda like - you meet someone and instantly hate them, even tho you dont know anything about them or haven't even spoken to them before???

Old Post 11-13-2001 06:41 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

quote:
Yes, isn't it funny how when Jack or Daniel or some other male character is half naked then it's all ok... But as soon as a female dresses in anything other than a dress that you cant even see her breasts in -- oh no! get her off!
I guarentee that most of the people disputing her character are females (more than likely, older) who are jealous of her body Same sort of people that have a go at models and other attractive women

Hmmmm, for one thing, Vanessa Angel is no youngster. She has to be at least mid thirties ,so actually, most of the females who didn't like her wardrobe here are younger.
When the guys have their shirts off, which isn't too often, it's usually for a good reason. Anise's skin tight rubber boob outfits were strictly gratuitous to entice the teenage male viewers. She couldn't act either.

Last edited by ColJ on 11-13-2001 at 06:59 AM

Old Post 11-13-2001 06:54 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i agree and that didnt make her look that good anyway its like leather some people get tunded on and others off

Old Post 11-13-2001 09:01 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

quote:
Originally posted by oFFaL

I guarentee that most of the people disputing her character are females (more than likely, older) who are jealous of her body Same sort of people that have a go at models and other attractive women.

/me ready to be flamed

hell yeah. I wish I had me bazoinkas practically poppin' out and weirdarse leather/vinyl type clothing

And guys have goes at models and attractive women too :P
I think it's just that unusually for a SF series, sg1 has a huge female following. So they got an unusually big negative reaction when they introduced the male eycandy character.
But you've got to admit, Jack & Daniel may get their shirts off (not that I can recall it ever happening) but they do have a non-himbo image.

Old Post 11-13-2001 10:12 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I think youll find that other sci fi shows also have large female audiences!

The argument could be made that they have to cater to everyone, including the horney teenage male market, i mean, why should they just cater to us people who enjoy the finer things in gate?

Old Post 11-13-2001 03:26 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I dunno if a show like trek would have as large a proportion of female viewers as sg1. There are female viewers...and a great many. But I'd say there are many more male ones. But then this is just my guess
I know a lot more females who watch sg1, and refuse to watch anything else 'SF' except Buffy if you can count that as SF. A few of 'em might watch XF sometimes too but that's about it. *shrug*
Alternatively I know a few male trekkers, who refuse to watch things like sg1. Lamers

Now in the sg1 fandom, there seems to be an even number of both male/females. If anything more females - or maybe that's just the females being more vocal

as for the horny teenage male market...they're all watching buffy :P I know my horny teenage male friends are anyway..heheh. Horny teenage male <-- triple negative? :P is there any other type?

Old Post 11-13-2001 04:43 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

In my experience, ive come across a large number or female trek fans... they are however.... not less vocal...rather... well, just not 'out there'...ya know? they seem to be increasingly vocal on the net nowadays though..so!

First off, i dont watch buffy, but im not a horney teenage male, im not a teenager anymore.
(actually i am, a teenager that is.lol, for one more year, but i most definitely dont watch buffy!)

Old Post 11-13-2001 06:55 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
In my experience, ive come across a large number or female trek fans... they are however.... not less vocal...rather... well, just not 'out there'...ya know? they seem to be increasingly vocal on the net nowadays though..so!

I think the female fans are less vocal on the web, and less given to nitpicking, but we are out there and there's a lot of us.

I go to general SF conventions, which cover all forms of SF media (movies, tv, graphics, books) - where attendance tops 5,000 -- and I can tell you the porportion is damn near 50-50. And at media cons the women generally outnumber the men.

Going back to the comment that people 'don't complain about Jack/Daniel or men being undressed' -- I can't ever recall Jack attending a briefing in his briefs! The complaint is having women scantily clad in inappropriate situations - like Anise's little outfits. The costume should match the setting. A corresponding complaint is that the women sometimes are dressed sexually but not the men - like women wearing bikinis while the men are fully dressed (not talking Stargate now, just movies in general).

Old Post 11-13-2001 07:43 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Yeah, thats a damn shame...
im gonna write to the producers to complain about this terrible terrible portrayal of women...

but yeah, sometimes I do cringe at when they show profile shots with women sticking their chests out right next to the camera in skimpy clothes for no good reason, well, for a good reason, but not to do with the plot ya know?

Old Post 11-13-2001 07:53 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Yeah, thats a damn shame...

but yeah, sometimes I do cringe at when they show profile shots with women sticking their chests out right next to the camera in skimpy clothes for no good reason, well, for a good reason, but not to do with the plot ya know?

LOL. As in Seven of Nine, Anise, T'Pol. You'll notice (you probably have ) that the camera is always aimed so that their chests are in the center of the frame. Co-incidence? Nah.

Old Post 11-13-2001 10:00 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

quote:
Originally posted by nug
There are female viewers...and a great many. But I'd say there are many more male ones.

i dont agree if you ever go to a com you will usualy be somtherd by(over weight) woman who yell and screem more than at beetels concert

Old Post 11-14-2001 04:39 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

quote:
i dont agree if you ever go to a com you will usualy be somtherd by(over weight) woman who yell and screem more than at beetels concert

I don't think that a con attendance is an accurate slice proportion wise of a show's audience.

Old Post 11-15-2001 01:13 AM
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i spose not, but it may be apropriate for dedicated fans like us

Old Post 11-16-2001 04:00 AM