Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Silly Sayings and Wierd Things
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

oh ok, I thought she was asking if the road was sloped upwards or downwards.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-17-2002 05:57 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

next in my list of silly sayings... "half an island" - can you guess the meaning???

Spoiler:
peninsula

well it makes sense if you have knowledge of the japanese language, otherwise you'll be scratching ya head =)

Old Post 09-17-2002 06:28 AM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

And i'm Scratching away.

Old Post 09-18-2002 12:34 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xenia
Starsi

how many of us do you expect to have knowledge of the japanese language?
"Guessed" really suits you.

www.mysmilies.com

Old Post 09-20-2002 04:17 AM
Xenia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xenia Click here to Send Xenia a Private Message Find more posts by Xenia Add Xenia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zeeler

one of the funniest things that I've seen, is when my maths teacher walked in to class with his fly undone

So help me, if I wake up, and I'm singing soprano...

Old Post 09-28-2002 03:21 AM
Zeeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zeeler Click here to Send Zeeler a Private Message Find more posts by Zeeler Add Zeeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
And i'm Scratching away.

quote:
Originally posted by Xenia
how many of us do you expect to have knowledge of the japanese language?
"Guessed" really suits you.

my apologies, of course i expect NONE of you to know japanese. you've missed my point. forget the japanese comment for a moment, that saying is funny i thought.

next point, IF you happen to speak japanese then you will NOT find it funny because you will realise that the characters for "peninsula" in japanese are LITERALLY "half"+"island" - hence the joke is not funny to japanese speakers.

Old Post 09-28-2002 03:58 AM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

i haven't had a lot of success in this thread, have i

oh, and my name "guessed" has nothing to do with "guess". last year i was reading here and NEVER posted, but someone said something dumb (i forget what now) and i wanted to post, so i joined as a GUEST in order to post once.

Old Post 09-28-2002 04:01 AM
Minerva
bored machiavellian

ok heres some from my best friends *shakes head* i am so ashamed...

"Where's the 2nd 'h' in character?"
Her name's Belinda...
"B is such a nice letter, I wish I had a B in my name."
"Which part of Switzerland is Sweden in?"
Holding a couple of peanuts...
"I wonder if they have any nuts in these peanuts?"

oh one fun thing to do to japanese exchange students, ask them to say parallelogram, they wont get past the first r.

Old Post 09-28-2002 04:13 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queen Lou
I'm singing in the rain..

one of the girls in my class: what does "laymen's terms mean" and "who invented the tooth pick"

*waves* hi any real sg people out there, and AT

Old Post 09-28-2002 07:50 AM
Queen Lou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Queen Lou Click here to Send Queen Lou a Private Message Find more posts by Queen Lou Add Queen Lou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hathor
Girls rule, boys drool...

'Can you baptise a gerbil?'
'Isn't oxen those stock cubes thingies?'

'Oh my god, you've never heard of a horsefish? You're all stupid!' (she was referring to seahorses)

Those are just the memorable and recent ones. There have been many more, 'cuase my friends are all stupid.

collective

Old Post 09-28-2002 01:18 PM
Hathor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hathor Click here to Send Hathor a Private Message Visit Hathor's homepage! Find more posts by Hathor Add Hathor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lucyace
For cryin' out loud!

Listening into a year7 conversation at school:

"You know who he is don't you?!?!"
"Yeah, doesn't every one know that Suddam Hussein is the head of the Taliburn?"
"The Taliburn?"
"Yeah, duh. It's a group of people who work for Suddam, who works for the King of Afghanistan, Osama Bin Liner. God you're so dumb."

And people say children don't learn anything at school today...

<--- Just Lucy

MSN: [email protected]
Add me!!

Old Post 09-28-2002 04:58 PM
Lucyace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lucyace Click here to Send Lucyace a Private Message Find more posts by Lucyace Add Lucyace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

^^^ oh god thats so sad...

Talking about my latest drinking craze of Pearl sago yin yeung.

Shilpa: "No that drink tastes good, I like the coffee and tea. And those little pearls are nice too."
Me: "Exactly sago is nice."
Shilpa: "No I don't like the sago, it's funny tasting."
Me: "Buddy those little pearls are the sago..."
Shilpa: "Oh."

i dont think anyone would understand that unless theyve tried sago *shrugs*

Old Post 09-29-2002 03:09 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

^^^ just on bubble tea - what is it with that??? i live in china town here and there is bubble tea EVERYWHERE. i've tried it, it's "alright" but nothing to get excited about??

Old Post 09-29-2002 06:26 AM
Minerva
bored machiavellian

^^^ its nice.... and chewy, its like a meal in one, a light meal in one. ive been drinking it since year 8 (and now im in yr 12) but i suddenly got back on it again this year. bubble tea............. mmmmmmm..........

Old Post 09-29-2002 07:22 AM
schrodinger
the quantum leper

steep ? height over base

Old Post 09-29-2002 12:50 PM
schrodinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schrodinger Click here to Send schrodinger a Private Message Find more posts by schrodinger Add schrodinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote