Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

quote:
Anubis, just because the tollan know more than the Tau'ri, doesn't mean they're not human Lots of people know more you or me, does that mean we're not human?
It can mean that, i am saying that the tollan may not be from the tauri, coz omak and narim didn't give anything away and carter was, as usual pulling shit out of her ass.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-12-2002 01:00 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

No, they could of course be another civ that threw of the goa'uld yoke(about Tollan), but that cannot be proven. Given what is shown in the series, it's reasonable to think that they're human of Tau'ri origin(and has never known Goa'uld opression). Their civ is just to much of a earthly utopia. Like the "A new ground" and "The other side" civilisation is much of an earthly dystopia. All three seems to be of earth origin... Besides that, I can't see that they would build that much on supposed love if that wasn't the case. Just my opinion though...

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 12-12-2002 at 04:22 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 04:10 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

didn't they say in enigma that they were human of tau'ri origin and the tollan knew it? or at least wasn't it implied?

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:25 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Daniel Jackson said something along the lines of them skipping out the dark ages.

Also, they were on a planet in a system where two worlds were inhabited.

Both by humans... one was Tollana, the other was a more primative earth like world...

Oh how odd, humans were on that planet, probably transplanted by the Goa'uld but they wernt on Tollana, Tollana just happened to be a planet populated by human looking aliens that "skipped out the dark ages".

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:29 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

But then we have the Love Story/Obsession thing between Carter and Narim. Tell me about any other occurances of such things in Stargate were the participants were of two different species... Doesn't make sense. And the story about angels that Narim told Carter in "Enigma". Those things indicate that the Tollans has a Tauri origin. Besides, it is never told that the other civilisation in the Tollana system was human or even humanoid...

Old Post 12-12-2002 12:24 PM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They're human, they can't not be. It would totaly wreck the whole premise of the show (tht early on, bear in mind Enigma was in the first season). Anubis, what are you on?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-12-2002 02:12 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

quote:
Those things indicate that the Tollans has a Tauri origin.
No it doesn't, the angels were after the dark ages, during the age of god, which was after the goa'uld transported humans, And i am saying that we are assuming that the tollans were originally from earth, need i say that Ayanna apeared human as well and she wasn't Tau'ri, this much we know, i am saying that it is a possibility KC that the tollan may not have originally come from earth, and now no-one is around to dispute the fact, most likely not after Tanith got finished with the Tollan.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:42 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

As KC said, it would wreck the whole premise of the show, esp. the "Between Two Fires" episode. I mean, Narim falling in love with Carter would stand as much chance as the ordinary human-goat relationship. I mean Narim did love Carter so much that he was willing to sacrifice the whole Tollan civ for it... So there you go...

Old Post 12-13-2002 03:57 AM
alex8472
dead and loving it

and the fact they were around before the humans

Old Post 12-13-2002 09:44 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

when? what? how? who were around before the humans. certainly not the Tollan since they are human. where does this come from???

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:12 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

anubis it was said in sg that some human cultures off world were found to have been from a time after the egyptians destroyed the gate.

and what about the hebrew religion? they had angels and that's an old religion from egyptian times.

they are human. it is pretty much stated in enigma

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:48 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

That was what I was talking about. Jews/christians/moslems does share those elements of religions, but they aren't found in other religions. Since both christianity and islam is evolved from the the jewish religion it makes it one religion of all religions available on earth that belive in angels.

This would make unbelivable that other humanoid species would have angels as a part of their religion. Therefore the Tollan must be of Tauri origin(at least I've made my case now, haven't I?).

The mongolian-like civ in 1:3(I think) is definitly post-egyptian era. And there are some more I guess...

Old Post 12-14-2002 01:19 PM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

plus the tollan aren't the only race of humans on other worlds that have greater technologies than the tau'ri.

Old Post 12-14-2002 03:14 PM
Man of less sorrow

quote:
anubis it was said in sg that some human cultures off world were found to have been from a time after the egyptians destroyed the gate.
Your point? I in no case ever said the tollan weren't from the tauri but merely said that it was entirely possible that they were not. All of these arguments mean pretty much diddley squat to me, either way i still think it is possible that the tollan do not come from the tauri and if u don't u are a rather small minded person.

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:13 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

i don't get your point... what indications are there that points to the Tollan not being of Tauri origin?

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:46 AM