Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Star Trek: Nemesis
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

I'm not surprised that it's good. The Trek trend has been that all even numbered movies are good, and all odd ones aren't.
Wrath of Kahn(#2)
Voyage Home (#4)
Undiscovered Country (#6)
First Contact (#8)
Nemisis (#10)

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-16-2002 07:04 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Oh yes i remember the last one.....It was crappy didn't do anything for me and just made me dis-like trec even more... That said i still go watch these movies anyway as I'm a die-hard sci-fi fan...Just hope its not like the other one....
A movie written by a fan...Now i like that idea...Not as many plot holes.....The little details are noticed......Everything fits in.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:18 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

first contact was amazing loved it
insurrection was a bit um whats the word .....shit

So whats it the plot of nemesis spill the beans

voyage home was rubbish

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:33 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

Yes, I agree that Voyage Home wasn't very good. But, comparatively, it was among the better ones. The odd numbered films were Realy bad! Especially #5 (forget the name).

I haven't seen Nemesis, but here's what I've heard (correct if I'm wrong) MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW:

Spoiler:
Romulans cloned Picard, then abandoned the project. Clone who is rapidly ageing is somewhat insane and gets ahold of a superweapon - starship superweapon, that is intended to blow up Earth. Picard meets up with this Shinzon (sp?) clone and somehow discovers the plot. Also there is a replica of Data - and also, Data dies in the end. Mostly because the actor requested the writers finish him off because he's getting to old to play an immortal android.

This is what friends who have seen it have told me.

Last edited by Roy on 12-17-2002 at 04:07 PM

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:01 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I believe it was called:

StarTrek V: Kirk kills God.

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:12 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Not surprising, given how Star Trek is so devoid of spirituality and mysticism?so much so that the ships have a counselor, yet no chaplain.

Really, ST V: The Final Frontier was just a really bad case of the plot-switcheroo.

(mutters) Great Barrier, my ass...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 12-17-2002 at 06:32 PM

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:28 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amun Ra

I'm still waiting for it to finish downloading

Click the Link Above to become part of The Fifth Race

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:28 PM
Amun Ra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amun Ra Click here to Send Amun Ra a Private Message Find more posts by Amun Ra Add Amun Ra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

Don't bother watching it (#5). It will permanently scar your imagination.

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:52 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

Star Trek V: The Final Insult.

Star Trek VI: The Apology

Old Post 12-18-2002 12:34 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

ROTFL shiloh

I was totally not gonna go see it when I saw the trailer, cos of a)It's ST I haven't seen a single ST movie, b)it looked way too scary (I scare easily ) and c)I don't think it's worth paying for. I haven't watched Trek for ages, so don't know who's with who (Are Riker and Troi the only couple, and aren't they both really old and different looking now?), plus not too keen on the ST:TNG characters. Though this thread makes the film look kinda good...

Shame about Data dying... What's happened to the series? Has that finshed forever?

And how are there cars in it? Isn't it set in space?

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:47 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
ROTFL shiloh

I was totally not gonna go see it when I saw the trailer, cos of a)It's ST I haven't seen a single ST movie, b)it looked way too scary (I scare easily ) and c)I don't think it's worth paying for. I haven't watched Trek for ages, so don't know who's with who (Are Riker and Troi the only couple, and aren't they both really old and different looking now?), plus not too keen on the ST:TNG characters. Though this thread makes the film look kinda good...

Shame about Data dying... What's happened to the series? Has that finshed forever?

And how are there cars in it? Isn't it set in space?

SPOILER WARNING!

Riker and Troi are the only couple. The series ended years ago, when the started doing movies. Riker and Troi look pretty much like they did in the series, but Patrick Stewart, still a doll mind you is starting to look his age. The cars in space thing - they go down to a desert planet (that looks remarkably like the California desert) and they are tracking down what turns out to be a dis-membered robot that's an earlier version of Data. The pieces are spread out over a few acres, so they bring down with them what is essentially a souped up dune buggy, pick up the pieces of the robot, then get chased by brigands.

The earlier ones are all on video, so go rent them. Just avoid the odd-numbered ones (although #3 is ok).

I'm not 100% sure - although if I'm wrong I'm quite sure someone here will correct me at warp speed -- but #1-6 are original cast, #7 is a hybrid of both, #8-10 are new cast.

The robot they found is an earlier, simpler version of Data - so if they do make another movie, they could bring Bret Spiner back as that character, whose name is B-4 (kinda obvioius name, eh?).

Old Post 12-19-2002 04:50 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Star Trek #7 was basically one with the new gang, with a few of the old gang as guest stars doing essentially cameo work. Even Kirk is just a supporting player with relatively little screen time.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 06:32 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

i'm seeing it this weekend

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:20 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
<\?KULA/>

Location: its a bit further than the second lift in the Whitehouse

It seems to be quite good, just from looking at the pics and trailers, but all the reviews ive looked at indicate that its not a good film. i dont now. I still say that the series have been the best thing yet. GO VOYAGER!

Old Post 12-20-2002 04:45 AM
<\?KULA/> is offline Click Here to See the Profile for <\?KULA/> Click here to Send <\?KULA/> a Private Message Find more posts by <\?KULA/> Add <\?KULA/> to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I wouldnt listen to the reviews, Critics pretty much hated the stargate movie, etc etc.

Decide for yourself.
There are critics who like startrek and those who dont, the ones who like startrek write good reviews, and the ones who dont write crap ones... or the ones who liked the original series and nothing else.

It would be like asking me to write an unbiased review for Coronation Street or Eastenders... I just couldnt, Id slag the crap off till my death.

Old Post 12-20-2002 07:12 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote