Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > They should make a stargate movie before RDA dies
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

RDA looks ok for an elderly member of the community. He probably has a body double to do the walking scenes in SG-1.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-15-2002 05:28 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

I think RDA looks mighty fine for someone in their 50s. He still looks right in the role he is playing in Stargate. Although, if you look at one of the early episodes, then a season 6 episode, you can see just how much he has aged in the past few years. If you then think about how much he'll age in the next couple of years, he could look far too old to play Jack O'Neill in any movie.

But when all is said and done, I'm not going to complain if Jack has to walk up the ramp towards the gate with a zimmerframe...so long as he's in the film.

Old Post 12-15-2002 08:51 AM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Meh, when you're old you're old, and since i'm not every one else is.

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:59 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Nah, he will look just as cute in 2 yrs as he does now. That's why they invented plastic surgeons.

Old Post 12-16-2002 04:42 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam fan

He is 38 years older than me and all my friends take the p*ss of me cuz I'm mad about him. I don't care though RDA is the best looking man I have ever laid..............eyes upon.

Old Post 12-16-2002 06:36 AM
Sam fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam fan Click here to Send Sam fan a Private Message Find more posts by Sam fan Add Sam fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Too right O'Neill, he's old and shouldn't be acting the role of someone much younger then he is, and Doc Taz, your point? Christopher Lee didn't do any of the lightsaber fighting when he did episode 2 and it cost George Lucas a fortune to get a stunt guy that looked remotely like him.

i wasn't referring to his acting anubis...

Old Post 12-16-2002 01:23 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

In that case, why did Christopher Lee's stunt guy still suck at the lightsaber duel?

RDA is still hot. And hey, if Sean Connery can get Catherine Zeta Jones in a movie (and if Michael Douglas can get her in RL), then the much younger RDA is doing just fine.

Old Post 12-16-2002 03:00 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queen Lou
I'm singing in the rain..

RDA is not going to die any time soon (I hope) and he's still fit enough to do anything the young bucks can do. He is also very very very sexy! And to keep the show consistant he has to age. O'Neill is going to get older. Look at how much younger Carter looks in season 1. Its a fact of life. They can't deny it.

*waves* hi any real sg people out there, and AT

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:44 PM
Queen Lou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Queen Lou Click here to Send Queen Lou a Private Message Find more posts by Queen Lou Add Queen Lou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I'm more worried in that he may be full in the throes of mid-life crisis. You've seen Jack's casual wear before (Window of Opp, Ascension). There's something unsettling about a full bird AF colonel wearing a knit cap and tech jacket like he's Skater Boy and running off with Avril Lavine at the end of a mission.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:49 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

That's the way he dresses in RL. RDA dresses according to his mental age not his chronological age. I think it's cute.

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:17 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

There's a lot of insecurity coming from most of the guys on this thread could it be a bit of a greeneyed monster rearing it's head in the face of the fact RDA 's so hot at an age they think of as dead Looks/age apart could you see anyone else in Jacks shoes I know I can't.

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:26 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Bob Hope has been consistanty popular for 50 years, ditto frank sinatra... Tom jones still cranks them out!

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:22 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amun Ra

Re: They should make a stargate movie before RDA dies

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Seriously they should make another SG movie, to end the series, like star trek does, at least before Richard dean anderson dies of old age....

I dont know what effect you wanted but it made me laugh

Click the Link Above to become part of The Fifth Race

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:20 PM
Amun Ra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amun Ra Click here to Send Amun Ra a Private Message Find more posts by Amun Ra Add Amun Ra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

quote:
In that case, why did Christopher Lee's stunt guy still suck at the lightsaber duel?
U can't blame the actor for the part he was playing, trust me that is what george lucas wanted, and i seem to remember the count dooku dispatched obiwan and annikan without breaking a sweat. And yes, the effect was to see how many people loved RDA and how many thought he was a bit of an old washed up actor trying to relive his younger days.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:55 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

They digitally superimposed Christopher Lee's head onto his Stunt Double.

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:09 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote