Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Just a random plot of mine...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tok'ra Gal
Snakehead

Just a random plot of mine...

Okay, not really that random, because I've been giving it quite a bit of thought, but I need to be sure I'm not totally insane...

See, I was flicking through this book on Ancient Egypt, and there was a section on this king called Amenhotep IV, who abandoned worship of Ra and all the other deities for this single deity, the Aten. He changed his name to Akenhaten and built this new capital city dedicated to the Aten, called Akehetaten. Apparently the king had been led to the site by the Aten himself, who had chosen it as his special city. However, the religion and the city didn?t survive long after Akenhaten?s reign.

I have some ideas of how I could weave this into a Stargate fanfic (each more wacky than the last, I'm sure)... Maybe SG-1 gates to a planet with a culture that still worships the Aten (a Goa'uld/other alien being/race of aliens?) - though the other idea I've been really favouring is that SG-1 gets sent back to Ancient Egypt under Akenhaten's reign (it could even be, to a lesser extent, like 1969 with the self-fulfilling prophecy - ie, SG-1 is the reason worshipping of the Aten and such died out).

Does that sound way too far-fetched or just plain stupid? Am I making any sense here? Opinions? Suggestions? Ideas?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 01:10 AM
Tok'ra Gal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok'ra Gal Click here to Send Tok'ra Gal a Private Message Visit Tok'ra Gal's homepage! Find more posts by Tok'ra Gal Add Tok'ra Gal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Meh, sounds good, i like it, will this aten race be technologically powerful? So much so that they can rival the goa'uld and like the Retu have been doing so for many years?

Old Post 12-11-2002 01:17 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

im not the best critic ever, but it sounds ok, the only problem i see is that u would need something to be really messed up or diffrent about the King, and Any Goa'uld in the story, just to make them diffrent from all the other Goa'uld. but hey thats just my opinion, other wise sounds good,

one question though, if SG-1 gets sent back to Eygpt, do u have any idea how they are gonna get there, and how they are gonna get back????

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-11-2002 01:20 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok'ra Gal
Snakehead

The Aten - most likely technologically powerful (unless I make them/it a Goa'uld) and probably evil. They/he's still in the works, though I've got a fair idea about how I want to portay Akenhaten and Nefertiti.

SG-1 would likely be sent back to ancient Egypt by a solar flare, as to how they get back - well, I'm working on that.

Old Post 12-11-2002 02:01 AM
Tok'ra Gal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok'ra Gal Click here to Send Tok'ra Gal a Private Message Visit Tok'ra Gal's homepage! Find more posts by Tok'ra Gal Add Tok'ra Gal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

u know i can actually see this happening in a episode, i would like to see how Goa'uld AE looked like

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-11-2002 02:07 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Tok'ra Gal
He changed his name to Akenhaten and built this new capital city dedicated to the Aten, called Akehetaten.

Two things - his name is more acurately translated as Akhenaten, and the capital city was known as Amarna.

quote:
I've been really favouring is that SG-1 gets sent back to Ancient Egypt under Akenhaten's reign (it could even be, to a lesser extent, like 1969 with the self-fulfilling prophecy - ie, SG-1 is the reason worshipping of the Aten and such died out).

Not to sound condescending, but I think the whole religion/Akhenaten thing may be a bit too complex to make a fanfic around - there were a lot of other changes in his reign, and a lot of unanswered questions - if SG1 went back then, then you'd have to know the answers to questions archaeologists are still pondering over (Why was the religion changed, why was it changed in the way it did, why was Akhenaten depicted as he was, who ruled after him, etc). Plus how would they be able to speak - only Daniel can speak AE, Teal'c, apparently, can only speak a derivation of Arabic.

The idea of a self-fulfilling prophecy sounds good, though might be tricky to ensure there are no holes.

Old Post 12-11-2002 10:32 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Oh please Venus, no one cares about the anthropological details, you dont see me squealing..too much... when their science is all crap do you?

Its a TV show and they can fudge everything in the name of story if they want.

Also, SG1 would be saved the same way they always are... see
Theyll be stuck in the past, and then all of a sudden, Jack would say:

"where is my lover Thor when you need him?"

and ZHHHHHHHHUUUUUP... theyre on board thors ship and Jack would say:

"now thatttttttssss good timing!"

And thor would be like... well, you know, PPT and all I have to monitor your time traveling activities and... oh screw it, you know I love you Jack.

etc.

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:30 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Bwahahaha Doc thinking of doing a fic??

I think the idea would be good you don't even have to make it all complex just the basics who cares if no one knows who the ruler is They'll read it anyways and just may be promoted to look up some stuff on the guy.......Top tell the truth most of the fanfic readers would just think you make they whole thing up and that its a good story.......If you don't want them to think that then just add a touch of history in there and you have a story....And if you have time link them to a few sites at the end of the story to show that you didn't make the guy up.

Old Post 12-12-2002 02:42 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
Bwahahaha Doc thinking of doing a fic??

Yeah, go awn, you know you wanna. Just expand on that one a bit.

And abt the squealing, yeah, you don't out loud...

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:18 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote