Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > The Goa'uld Genetic Memory
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Anudist
*nuked*

I doubt the Goa'uld would worry about overthrowing a family member if it served their purpose.

A simple analogy would be this:

A mother has 8 kids (ouch), they all grow up together in the same house. living in a remote area they are only able to interact with each other. Home schooling is provided and by the time they are all 6 years old they have near enough the same knowledge and memories.

Then mother informs them she has hidden a chocolate bar in the house, some of them may work together to find it.. agreeing to share. Some may strive for the dominance of getting it themselves, without caring how they get there.

I think of the Goa'uld in the same sense, except that elsuive chocolate bar is the domination of the Galaxy.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 12:00 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
S5 spoiler:
Spoiler:

BTW, with hiding I meant what Anubis been doing all this time. Since he was thought for dead.

well i think that when a goa'uld is born they have just the memories their parents had at the moment of birth, so this means if say the system lords believed him to be dead, so would their kids, even his own children. if you get my meaning.

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:38 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Perhaps it has something to do with the blood. Just thinking about it Sam can still retain memories of Jolinar even though the Symbiote is dead. When a symbiote dies it is broken up and becomes a part of the blood stream hence the Naquadah. Wouldn?t it be possible that due to the natural conception of a child something of the parents is in the child and on this topic it would be the blood a.k.a the DNA of both parents that the child has received lets just say that there is a natural lever in the body that triggers the memories of the human that has the DNA of two Goa?uld in its blood. An example of this may be the Naquadah. Every Goa?uld has Naquadah in their blood stream (Able to use the ribbon device) so this Naquadah may trigger the memories of the Symbiote?s and then the human is able to have the memories of the Goa?uld parents due to the given DNA.....and bla bla bla

Old Post 12-12-2002 12:50 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

There's still the mystery of Teal'c symbiote knowing his fathers fate. Even though they weren't of the same queen mother. (It seems reasonable to belive that Teal'cs symbiote has been replaced once or twice. After all they seem to mature in less than 90 years... Much less...).

Old Post 12-12-2002 04:27 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
Perhaps it has something to do with the blood. Just thinking about it Sam can still retain memories of Jolinar even though the Symbiote is dead ... Naquadah may trigger the memories of the Symbiote?s and then the human is able to have the memories of the Goa?uld parents due to the given DNA

I kinda assumed that was cos Jolinar blended with Sam ... So Sam hasn't tried to access all the memories that she has (from Jolinar), but those she can access, are from the melding - so there's only a certain amount, she just hasn't unearthed them all yet.

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:24 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
There's still the mystery of Teal'c symbiote knowing his fathers fate. Even though they weren't of the same queen mother.

plot hole? like there's not enough of them Or maybe just teal'c speculating over what happened?

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:50 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Could've been Teal'c himself imagining the event... That seems far-fetched though...

Old Post 12-12-2002 12:26 PM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Didn't Teal'c at one point have his dad's symbiote? (Crossroads?) and otherwise, I'm sure the guys punishment wasn't exactly kept a secret, either before or after it was carried out.

Old Post 12-12-2002 05:16 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Yes we have seen that the gods do tend to glot about killing this person or that person.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:20 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
Didn't Teal'c at one point have his dad's symbiote? (Crossroads?) and otherwise, I'm sure the guys punishment wasn't exactly kept a secret, either before or after it was carried out.

I guess not. But what I'm trying to say is, why would a symbiote born of a different queen carry the memories of Cronus? That doesn't make sense. Esp. since their genetic base would've been divided longer than the Tok'ra and the Gou'ald(imagine that Apophis and the other system lords from the early episodes had been around since 3-4000 BC).
Of course this could be disputed by Marduks statement, "You seem to forget Colonel, that I retain all the knowledge of my host", but then again it has not been said that the same thing goes for Jaffas...
Besides that it didn't seem like a rumor-based vision to me. It was very detailed...

Old Post 12-13-2002 04:05 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

well the jaffa and the symbiote do communicate through Kel'noreem (or however you spell it) if teal'c had his father's symbiote (which i presume was in his father when he died) then it could've told teal'c.

Old Post 12-14-2002 03:17 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

quote:
What?! How did you get there?!
Sorry about the lateness of the reply Venus but i couldn't be bothered reading Spoiler boxes that weren't really spoilers so much as teasers, i came to this conclusion when i thought to myself: IF the queen needs other genetic material and this genetic material is from a being that cannot be bad ie Nox the goa'uld wouldn't be born completely evil.

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:16 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
well the jaffa and the symbiote do communicate through Kel'noreem (or however you spell it) if teal'c had his father's symbiote (which i presume was in his father when he died) then it could've told teal'c.

The point is that it isn't his fathers symbiote he's carrying now. Why would Apophis allow one of his subjects to carry Cronus offspring(esp. since they did hate each other). Teal'c is supposed to be over 90 years old, so I would assume that the symbiote he's carrying now is an offspring of Apophis...

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:59 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

yeah but wouldn't he still have the memories his dad's symbiote gave him? Maybe Cronus implanted Teal'c with his dad's symbiote so he would know how his father died kinda thing and as a form of punishment to the family, before Teal'c and his mother fled to chulak. there he probably lost the symbiote or bought his way to Apophis' ranks with it (and the information it would have from Cronus via genetic memory)?

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:46 PM
Excalibur

Teal'c doesn't have the same symbiote he had when he started the series. The symbiote he had, he gave to Rya'c to save his life, then just before Teal'c died he was given the young symbiote that Daniel and Sam had procured at the temple on Chulac.

The genetic memory thing has always been a little fuzzy with me.

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:13 PM
Excalibur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Excalibur Find more posts by Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote