Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > where'd the goa'uld get their tech from?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Daniel doesn't know everything there is to know about the Goa'uld.

quote:
Their shere existence is not their own, this is one of those go up the ladders thing, if there is a rung missing as there is here and u put your foot in it, u fall down.
I don't understand what this means.
quote:
Even if Baal has a lab he enslaved a human host to do everything for him
So what? If a company orders it's R&D department to develop a new product, it is still an invention of the company, even if the actual discovery is due to the work of an employee.

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 11-10-2002 at 01:12 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:56 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They can think for themselves (please don't even try to dispute that), they are (for the most part) pretty intelligent. It stands to reason that they at least modified existing technology and they most likely went on to invent some of their own.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-09-2002 09:48 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

They are smart, if they could rob the technology then that involves brain-work. They're just arrogant. and evil. This doesn't mean that they can work on technology of their own. And if they robbed *all* of their technology, where are all the aliens they robbed it from?

Old Post 11-09-2002 02:42 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Its a bit of a catch 22 this steal thing. Where in the name of Thor is the "race" of life forms that they have alegedly stolen their tech from????? No, the Goa'uld have made all of the tech that u see them using regularly (staff's, Hat'aak's, glider's, zat's), but the most recent developments pertaining to Anubis are different. He nows that in order to destroy/enslave everone and to eventually controll the universe, he must have superior tech in a variety of aspects. Better weapons, more powerful shield's etc. Now, he must have obtain the tech from either another race or from a planet that has preserved tech dating back to the ancients (tech that still works or can be repaired) This planet could have been a secret supply base for the ancients and thus does not have a stargate on it. It must be in another galaxy or is hidden by some spaceial phenominon???

P.S can it be POSSIBLE?

Old Post 11-11-2002 05:23 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Well in redemption we saw anubis using Ancients tech. but he'd still have to learn how to use the technology and adapt it for his own use. Same for any tech he robbed from othe asgard and other races. He's probably the smartest goa'uld in this aspect.

Old Post 11-11-2002 08:51 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

no i think that hes just had time to learn, hes been banished what, 1000 years, of course hes gonna figure some of it out

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-11-2002 11:37 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

THat weird dude in window of oppurtunity didn't have to learn how to use it as such as just deciphre the appropriate symbols, And the goa'uld cannot own anything, they are parasites and therfore should not be considered with the same weight as sentient lifeforms.
Parasites cannot evolve, they cannot in any way evolve, they may however evolve if the hosts evolves.

Old Post 11-12-2002 10:42 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Where the hell are you getting that from? Every single being evolves (or that's my understanding of the way the world works anyway).

Old Post 11-13-2002 11:47 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

If parasites are able to think, act, reason, and have a conscious awareness of themselves, I think that qualifies them as sentient.

The fact that they need hosts to express this does not take away from the fact that they ARE sentient. They are PARASITES. They need HOSTS. Just like you need language and tools to prove your intelligence, the Goa'uld need hosts.

And as far as I know, the Goa'uld HAVE evolved. How do you explain the lack of naquadah in the primordial Goa'uld's body, while current Goa'uld do have naquadah? They must have evolved in some way because they sure as hell didn't get naquadah from their Unas or human hosts.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 11-13-2002 02:32 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Rithmah - There was a thread discussing how the goa'uld got the naquadah in their bloodstreams here

Just remembered (I was inspired by the how big is the Stargate thread). The glider used by Teal'c and Hammond in Into the Fire was an old one. The goa'uld have, since then, designed new gliders. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that evolution of technology and done by the goa'uld no less.

Old Post 11-14-2002 11:40 AM
Venus

Sorry if this point has been made before, but... the general evolution of the ha'tak's in shape and size... Isn't that due to the Goa'uld? I mean, it's not like they could consistently nick different and evolving designs of pyramids ships from other species.

Old Post 11-14-2002 11:43 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

The goa'uld do evolve. it's even mentioned by teal'c in Thor's Hammer. He said that the first goa'uld came up out of the water and a (why oh why does my mind always go blank when i typoe posts. What the hell are the aliens called that the goa'uld's first took as hosts?)
well them anyway. The goa'uld evolved to live out of water, in hosts. I doubt they could survive very long in water alone anymore...

Old Post 11-14-2002 12:40 PM
Venus

Unas?

Old Post 11-14-2002 02:44 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
...The goa'uld evolved to live out of water, in hosts. I doubt they could survive very long in water alone anymore...

It's already been established that there is strong evidence that that the Goa'uld were artificially created. See post here.

Old Post 11-14-2002 02:50 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Perhaps u don't understand, as long as they are parasites and have no reason to evolve, seing as they have hosts, they do not evolve, darwin said that evolution is the need to evolve to supercede and survive.

Old Post 11-15-2002 12:22 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote