Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Jehova's Witnesses and Christianity
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

I don't know much about buduism but I'm suspicious of anyone that worships fat men.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-04-2002 03:57 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Wink How's this for blasphemy?

Messiah Caged Deathmatch IV: Jesus vs Buddha. Who wins?

Old Post 03-04-2002 05:10 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red

I had a discussion recently with a friend who's a born again Christian. I wanted to know why they feel the need to try to convert me every time I meet one. He said that it's part of their credo - that they have found something so wonderful and life changing that they have to try to pass it on to other people.

My argument was, what if, in discovering that I don't believe in God, I have found something wonderful and life changing in the same way that they have in discovering God? Do they have the right to try to take that away from me? All he could say to that was good point, and that he'd never thought of it like that. And that's the problem - most people who have a profound belief in a particular religion or God don't believe that you can be completely happy in your atheism.

I should point out that he doesn't try to convert me, and we usually steer clear of discussion about religion, but it's interesting to delve into every once in a while.

Old Post 03-04-2002 05:41 AM
Red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Find more posts by Red Add Red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I have a mormon friend, and the only discussions we have about religion is about how if he masturbates he goes to hell.

Old Post 03-04-2002 05:54 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

I just shoot them 3 times with my zat gun

Old Post 03-04-2002 08:02 AM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

right, so, urm.... whats that place which is a billion times worse than hell? oh right, im already there, its ok then

Old Post 03-04-2002 08:46 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

getting rid of them at the door can pose a problem because they can be so determined. I have tried the religous debate angle and it can be amusing for a while. BUt if your in a hurry, it takes too much time. I like posing questions that they have trouble with " only 40,000 souls go to the kingdom of heaven and there are 6 billion people on the planet, and how many JW's, it sounds like the odds are against me, is this a pryamid scheme?"

But my fav comes from a friends. When people come to the door he invites them in and starts asking if their religion does ritual scarifices, blood worships, and other bizarre things. they usually want to get out long before they are asked to leave and the bonus is they don't come back.

Old Post 03-04-2002 02:24 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus
Common Sense-less

Re: Very interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Sam K
My very best friend is a Jehovah's Witness. He knows the Bible very well.

And as a matter of fact, he lurks here, because he knows I post here. I have been slowly getting him into Stargate.

Well I hope him or you aren't offended by the thread

Old Post 03-04-2002 02:35 PM
Deus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deus Click here to Send Deus a Private Message Find more posts by Deus Add Deus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

personally i'll respect ppl's believes as long as they respect mine

Old Post 03-04-2002 03:12 PM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

If you see a JW at your door, just don't answer the freaking door ! I mean it's easy to recognize them. They always travel in pairs and wear a suit and tie and carry their breifcases with their freaking propaganda leaflets in them.

Old Post 03-04-2002 06:59 PM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhemagirl
bendecida

Just thought I would spice things up. I'm bornagain baby! and proud of the fact that Jesus saved me!

And yes I have converted jehovah Witnesses at my door in my time!

Jesus is Lord!!!!

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:07 PM
rhemagirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rhemagirl Click here to Send rhemagirl a Private Message Visit rhemagirl's homepage! Find more posts by rhemagirl Add rhemagirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, as long as you don't start preaching, you'll be fine.

Actually, that's probably not entirely true.

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:49 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhemagirl
bendecida

Bring it on Babe!
I can handle it! esp when it's about Him!!!! And I am sorry but while I won't enforce my views, I have to admit I am a preacher-it's what I do. Just playing at a biochemist!

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:02 PM
rhemagirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rhemagirl Click here to Send rhemagirl a Private Message Visit rhemagirl's homepage! Find more posts by rhemagirl Add rhemagirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

What's the diff between enforcing your views and preaching?

I'm wary of a religious debate on these boards (and have a feeling the mods won't allow it) but I'll watch if anyone else decides to pick a fight. :devil smilie: (when the hell are we gonna get one of those?! - and don't take that in a religious sense)

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:06 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

OK, OK, been drawn into this. Mods, arm the nukes. Rhemagirl, tell me one good reason I should believe in any kind of deity, and I will respond (heck, give me ten and I'll respond too). I'd rather not simply attack your or indeed anyones religion, but rather refute it on a point by point basis. This, I have found, is far more civilised, and tends to prevent you from getting banned from a board.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:32 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote