Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Worldcup
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rhemagirl
bendecida

Lokks like you were right, president doc, I am surprised I thought Argentina would beat Sweden.
Still while England will probably get to the quarters or semis( hopefully beaten by Ireland in the semis) I can't see them winning.
I think you will have a fab team in 4 years or so! Give em some time!

Vive la France!.........Tant pis! Quel horreur?

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-12-2002 07:23 AM
rhemagirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rhemagirl Click here to Send rhemagirl a Private Message Visit rhemagirl's homepage! Find more posts by rhemagirl Add rhemagirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I didn't see any of the French matches but what about Saudi Arabia, beaten 8-0 by Germany and (woo-hoo) 3-0 by Ireland.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-12-2002 07:26 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, Id support Ireland anytime, but against England? that anaemic victory roll by Keane aint gonna cut it

Old Post 06-12-2002 08:09 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I really don't have a care for soccer/football.

(God damb it. I hate this i post a min rule)

Old Post 06-12-2002 09:11 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Shame, it actually gets good around the world cup.... and it can only get better now.
From now on, its golden goals and penalty shoot outs withh grown men going weak at the knees as the hopes of their nation rest on their shoulders

yup, thats what makes the World cup interesting.

Old Post 06-12-2002 09:35 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

One of the funny things my bro told me about was this guy got hit in the leg. Yet he started to hold his face.

Old Post 06-12-2002 09:39 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Yeah, thats the South Americans for you.... always with their sneaky peaks

Id suggest you watched some of the matches as they can get really interesting now... however without a team to root for, it can be a bit boring, I dont know, just choose one and pretend theyre Australia or something

If England are out, Ill probably go for Italy, theyve always been the ones I went for after England... having said that, Id have to support Ireland if they got further

Last edited by president doc on 06-12-2002 at 09:46 AM

Old Post 06-12-2002 09:44 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Sounds like one of the soccer matches that i play in.
But it was the umpire that was telling us to say down so we could get a free shot. He didn't like the other team.

Old Post 06-12-2002 09:46 AM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
One of the funny things my bro told me about was this guy got hit in the leg. Yet he started to hold his face.

Yeah, that was funny. Some of these players should win Oscars for their acting ability.

Old Post 06-12-2002 04:18 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ayesha

Well England won their game against Nigeria and Argentine are going home. Now its England v Denmark, I think.

I haven't watched football for years, but its on in the pubs and in my office. I think England stops working everytime there's another game with either Ireland or England playing. Everyone seems to be yelling for both to win

Ayesha

Old Post 06-12-2002 05:19 PM
Ayesha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ayesha Click here to Send Ayesha a Private Message Visit Ayesha's homepage! Find more posts by Ayesha Add Ayesha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gambler

quote:
Still while England will probably get to the quarters or semis( hopefully beaten by Ireland in the semis) I can't see them winning.

Yes you are right, England is going down in the quarters or semis, but it's imposible that Ireland beats them in semis, because Ireland is going to lose against Spain in quarters.

Old Post 06-14-2002 07:42 AM
Gambler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gambler Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Add Gambler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

ENGLANDS GOING TEA WWN WORLD CUPYT

Old Post 06-14-2002 09:42 AM
Otis
Egyptaholic

America is down this morning, need to pick it up!

Old Post 06-14-2002 11:13 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

We're advancing!! Amazing, unbelievable. I knew there was a reason to get up before dawn today. Not that we played well --- we all owe a big huge THANKS to South Korea!

Old Post 06-14-2002 12:19 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crackerz
Ambassador of XeroX

NOOO! Poland AND Slovenia are out!!!!!!!

DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS!

Old Post 06-14-2002 02:09 PM
Crackerz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crackerz Click here to Send Crackerz a Private Message Find more posts by Crackerz Add Crackerz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote