Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Age or oldness???
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Otis
Egyptaholic

Age or oldness???

At what age do you consider a person old? Better yet, since eeryone's age varies, how many year older than yourself, do you consider old?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:31 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

im 16 and so i recon 40 is gettin a bit over the hill

Old Post 05-03-2002 04:50 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

i reckon about 35

Old Post 05-03-2002 05:26 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i think old is a state of mind. An aged, but still active, fun retired person, i'm less likely to consider 'old', compared to a wrinkly, shit-their-pants dottering old fool, who happens to be the same age (or younger).

But otherwise, i'd say retiring age (65)

Old Post 05-03-2002 05:40 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

I consider old to be the age when you turn grumpy and moan/nag about everything, oh and expect other people to do everything for you.
Some elderly people arnt so 'old' because they are cheery and happy living there life. Actually doing stuff instead of sleeping in a chair all the time, complaining about how bad they feel. My nan goes out to pubs/restaurants, plays bowls, and travels abroad on holiday many times every year. I hope i'll be as active when im way past 80

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:02 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

72!

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:15 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

well.. i like to stay active.. so for me really probably 50

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:21 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tula
Gypsy

40 is not old !!!

I am 42 but still feel as thou I were 18.

My guess is that old age happens when you as a person decide that you are old.

I am having a very happy childhood - thank you very much - and long may it last (hopefully until I am about 90)

I got a Noddy Badge for Being *Nuked*

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:25 AM
Tula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tula Click here to Send Tula a Private Message Find more posts by Tula Add Tula to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

40 aint old atall. Neither is 50. Its when women start going bald that they should cash themsleves into the local retirement home and stop clogging up the cues in Bus Stops/Post Office's!

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:30 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:31 AM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tula
Gypsy

quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

65 - not in your wildest dreams my boy !!!

I got a Noddy Badge for Being *Nuked*

Old Post 05-03-2002 06:38 AM
Tula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tula Click here to Send Tula a Private Message Find more posts by Tula Add Tula to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

why not? i said the same thing...

Old Post 05-03-2002 07:18 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Becasue 65 year olds have just retired. That means there cutting there grass and prunning there hedges. Or some shitty boring hobbie! These people are loungers not old folk!

Old Post 05-03-2002 07:33 AM
Minerva
bored machiavellian

hmmm......... 70, coz its just depressin thinkin my parents are that old.
my mums swankier than i am.... n shes hit 40, while im 16.

Old Post 05-03-2002 09:01 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Im dreading my twentieth, and on the other hand, I couldnt give a crap....

Its all a load of bollocks.
It all depends on the individual, how infirm they are, their frame of mind, a year is just on orbit of the earth around the sun, I think im going to move to neptune or pluto, that way when I die, Ill be about 1/3 of a year old.

Dang, my dads retiring in september, hitting 60

Better get a job, man, im going to have to take over the household............................ OH BEJEBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-03-2002 11:00 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote