Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > The Lord Of The Rings
Pages (21): « First ... « 19 20 [21]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

I love Sean Beans accent!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-06-2002 09:26 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I think it's funny the way Aragorn seems to have an Irish accent at the beginning, yet by the end it's not so noticeable.

Old Post 09-06-2002 09:29 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I'm curious, but what were the "Sharpe-isms" in Goldeneye or Patriot Games? (the only two other movies I've watched with Sean Bean in it, plus whatever episodes of Sharpe I've watched?Patrick Harper impaling a French cavalryman with the shot ramrod of his rifle=cool)

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 09-06-2002 at 09:40 PM

Old Post 09-06-2002 09:38 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

I think its funny that all of the hobbits have different accents despite the shire being such a small isolated place
Theres a posh english one
a scottish one
a yorkshire/northern one
and a cornish yokel (sometimes american sounding one).

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 09-07-2002 02:43 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I just watched the film for the first time, it was pretty good except for the titles for each forest, castle and weapon. Everything was the something of someone, and everything was teh most evil, that got old quick. I swore I was going to kill that Baggins kid if he almost died again, what a cliche

Old Post 09-09-2002 08:09 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

The whole movie is a cliche. And the sad thing is it takes itself seriously.

Old Post 09-09-2002 08:21 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

For someone not fully enthralled by whatever intricate world was woven together in the book, the movie is at its core your basic "road" film. A journeying quest through distant and strange lands, facing various perils along the way while fixed to one defining goal. In that sense, the movie Fellowship of the Rings has much in common with, say, the movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and PWBA was loads more fun.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 09-09-2002 at 08:35 PM

Old Post 09-09-2002 08:31 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I loved that pee wee herman movie.

Old Post 09-09-2002 08:34 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Teruhiko
Mew!!

Gawd, I've seen LotR like, 20 times. 16 in the theatre. Once subtitled in Japanese, once dubbed in Japanese, the rest in English. X_x

Old Post 09-14-2002 12:31 AM
Teruhiko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Teruhiko Click here to Send Teruhiko a Private Message Visit Teruhiko's homepage! Find more posts by Teruhiko Add Teruhiko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Was it any better in Japanese? Ignore that Q on the quiz in that other thread then.

Old Post 09-14-2002 09:31 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote