Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate turning into Star Trek???
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

Stargate turning into Star Trek???

I was just wondering if anybody else thought that Stargate is kind of turning into Star Trek?

SPOILERS from UNNATURAL SELECTION

Welll, SG-1 is like cruising around in the X-303, and they look like a Star Trek team or something.

Also..... isn't Stargate's theme, "they go many places WITHOUT a ship." Now that they have the X-303, they can travel planets WITH the ship, and so they're becoming the FIRST humans to travel the galaxy with the first human built from earth ship.

So you see where I'm going with this. I don't really want Stargate to be about people in SHIPS like Star Trek is. The beauty of the Stargate is the Stargate of course!

Just my thoughts,
ERIN

PS. i have new videos that i want you guys to see in MY MUSIC VIDEOS

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:27 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I don't think that they're gonna cruise around in it all that much, just for this one ep, it's not even finished after all. and i don't think it's gonna be all that "Interstellar" when it is... they'll keep going through the Stargate, and just use the ship for special things, like in Unnatural Selection. no need to get worried from one ep! and i'll go check out those Music Vids!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:34 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

yeah, SG-1 WON'T i know THAT.........but spoilers.................................

i thought i read somewhere that an up-and-coming episode that they actually DO FINISH it and a Colonel and major are in the ship traveling the galaxy.

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:37 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jwab

Hmm..dunno about the ship becoming a regular feature! But I do begin to worry about the lack of the use of a Stargate in a programme called Stargate SG-1. This season seems to be about Staying on earth SOE-1! Why cant they leave the planet - remember the good old days where they used to actually use the Stargate - ok, there was a phase where they seemed to just go to different parts of the same general location - but that was good!!! Bring back the Stargate on Stargate!

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:31 PM
Jwab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jwab Click here to Send Jwab a Private Message Find more posts by Jwab Add Jwab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Did you also read that Sean connery would reprise his role as superman from the original stargate movie?

Its the net darling..take it with a pinch of salt.

Its still called stargate and theyll still be going through it.

They cant ignore the reality of ships forever.

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:31 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:
Did you also read that Sean connery would reprise his role as superman from the original stargate movie?

OMFG FOR REALL!?????

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:41 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

If Jack and carter go on the ship that would explain RDA s lack of acting in thecoming season...but that would kinda blow...

as for Sean... let him stay in Hoolywood.. holywood.. HOLLYWOOD... there we go... he is a good actor but is SO not a part of SG-1...I still vote for more of a focus on some of the other teams...

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:07 AM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

I wish everyone would stop going on about how little RDA is gonna be in season seven has anyone seen official numbers yet? all I've heard is he wants to do as many as they can fit in over the seven months he will work ( which should mean most of them I hope) as for the X303 is this possibly gonna be in the spinoff?

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:38 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

SPOILER (the same as Erishian's past one)

Are you Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? where did you read it!!!!????

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:47 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

a spinoff, like Star Trek........that would be INTERESTING...........but i wish they'd keep stargate a MILITARY SHOW!!! there's not many good military shows out there

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:10 AM
Tupat
Fruit Loop

quote:
Originally posted by MajorSam
SPOILER (the same as Erishian's past one)

Are you Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? where did you read it!!!!????

If you meant me lot's of places have talked about a spinoff is'nt that why Brad Wright has stepped down from season seven to concentrate on putting it together?
As to the X-303 being in any possible spinoff well thats just speculation on my part, but they do seem to be setting it up for something pretty big.

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:32 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

See, now this is why I prefer older episodes. Not that I don't like sg-1 now, but I prefer the 'stargate' stuff vs the direction the show seems to be taking now.
I understand though, that it costs more money to shoot 'off-world'' (i.e. on location) than it does to make a set on a stage at bridge studios
As for Stargate turning into Trek... (Unnatural Selection spoilers)...

I don't think it's gotten that far yet, but I saw glimpses of it in Unnatural Selection. I didn't much like the whole 'tense landing' scene when they first got the planet...that reminded me of trek. And when did Carter learn to pilot the ship eh? Someone add that to her list of talents

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:45 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

that's what i was talking about.........it SOOOOOOOOOO reminded me of Star Trek..........and Jonas too? he seemed to know a lot about ships too.

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:47 AM
nug
Melon

The landing scene was trekky. The fact that T, Carter and Jonas all had their own controls etc was trekky. Jack sitting in the 'Captain's Chair' in the middle was trekky. Notice though, that they poked fun at themselves at the same time - very sg-1. I think I'd call it 'star trek with a stargate spin' rather than stargate turning into trek. All they need is one good off-world ep and it's back to normal.

Meanwhile, at least they haven't started the whole 'the ship is under attack, let's throw ourselves around the set' thing yet

Old Post 12-07-2002 02:49 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

oh yeah, i just remembered, when me and my Ma watched this, she said that she thought the landing scene looked exactly like Star Trek! my bro said the same thing, but it IS what a star ship would look like, so it's kind of... just... an essential, what else would it look like? it's just unfortunate that Star Trek did it first, because everyone thinks that shows turn into trek when they introduce starships...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-07-2002 02:53 AM