Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Did anyone get to see the IMAX version of Attack of the Clones?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aj142

Did anyone get to see the IMAX version of Attack of the Clones?

In short, it was the way movies are SUPPOSED to be ? makes me want to get a new space battle game for my PC! (Any suggestions for that, BTW? Only the best, please..)

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-08-2002 02:10 PM
aj142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aj142 Find more posts by aj142 Add aj142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tina_als_girl
Calavicci's Girl

Yep, I went to see it... I want to be able to go again before it's gone. It ROCKED!!! That sound system was unbelievable!

Only problem: the close-ups on the human actors highlighted their blemishes. Ewan McGregor had a huge mole or zit on his forehead that was REALLY scary... . However, my friend and I found the scar/indentation between Portman's eyes to be quite fascinating.

Joy

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:31 PM
tina_als_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tina_als_girl Click here to Send tina_als_girl a Private Message Visit tina_als_girl's homepage! Find more posts by tina_als_girl Add tina_als_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Damnit, I kept seeing the London Imax (the bigger one anyway) with the Starwars poster (poster as in the whole building was a large starwars thingy), and I thought they were just advertising the damn movie and of course I realised that it was actually showing there the day it finished!!!

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:39 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

damnit i wanna go see it, (runs for the door)

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:44 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i wanna go see it too can't be arsed going to dublin to go though... ah well, i'll just have to settle for the dvd version on my little ol telly

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:24 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

It was awesome! Great sound, bigger screen...

The only movie I've seen there that was better was LOTR.

Sweetness.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:53 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I've heard they cut out all the slow scenes from the film. It's something like 20 minutes shorter than the original film release??

I'd like to see it, but Imax isn't doing too well in Australia and I think the one nearest to me has closed down already...

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:06 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

the Bradford Imax is supposed to be the biggest screen in the world or europe i think, i went there a few months ago so see some crappy film for my uni course and the screen is GIGANTIC, it was cool cos ithis ship was cumming towards us and even though i knew it was a film i still ducked BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS F***ING HUGE, i haven seen star wars II there yes but i wana go!!!!!!

its good because its like 15min walk from my house hahaaaa

Old Post 12-09-2002 09:18 AM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

wished i lived that close to one ah wall. just gonna have to stay with my sis in dublin, hint hint

Old Post 12-09-2002 09:45 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

why would anyone want to see such a movie?

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:17 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tina_als_girl
Calavicci's Girl

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
I've heard they cut out all the slow scenes from the film. It's something like 20 minutes shorter than the original film release??

Well, it's not necessarily all the slow scenes. It's just some of the bad dialogue involving Anakin & Padme. They did cut out the scene in which Palpatine suggested to the Jedi that Padme might need protection, and the scene in which Palpatine quite visibly manipulated Jar Jar into voting for the emergency powers. There are some others, too.

I feel that all the scenes were appropriately cut, except maybe that scene with Jar Jar.

With IMAX, the film is so heavy that the reels can only hold two hours worth of film. That's why AOTC got edited. Now, next year, when LOTR: Return of the King is released on IMAX, they'll put in an intermission so that they can change reels. This way, they won't need to edit it.

Joy

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:35 AM
tina_als_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tina_als_girl Click here to Send tina_als_girl a Private Message Visit tina_als_girl's homepage! Find more posts by tina_als_girl Add tina_als_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I hear the whole shaak riding scene was cut, which is sad, becuase I liked the waterfalls in the background, they'd kickass on imax

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:50 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

When I saw it at the Imax, they didn't cut out any scenes.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-09-2002 03:27 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aj142

quote:
Originally posted by tina_als_girl
Yep, I went to see it... I want to be able to go again before it's gone. It ROCKED!!! That sound system was unbelievable!

Only problem: the close-ups on the human actors highlighted their blemishes. Ewan McGregor had a huge mole or zit on his forehead that was REALLY scary... . However, my friend and I found the scar/indentation between Portman's eyes to be quite fascinating.

Joy

HA! I noticed that too! That is so funny. Makes you wonder if you put your head right next to the IMAX screen if his forehead zit would actually be bigger than your whole head...

So nobody has any suggestions for a good PC space game? Rats. I'm curious about an RTS called 'Hegemonia'. The screens are breathtaking (I can post a link if it helps) but I don't know much about RTS games. Aren't there any gamers here?

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:50 PM
aj142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aj142 Find more posts by aj142 Add aj142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

yeah, but not that big into space RTS, soz.

Ewan mcGregor's had that thing all his life (or for as long as i've been watching his movies) i think.

I am definatly going to see LOTR: TTT in the imax! i wonder if FOTR is still playing in dublin...

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:06 PM