Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Awareness
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
president doc

She just didnt want you to feel bad DB

Hmm, I do get this immense sensation of tightness and a crushing feeling around the chest whenever I do exercise... does this count?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-15-2002 06:27 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

quote:
Originally posted by Deathbunny
Things seeming to move around at the edge of our vision, senses of touch going haywire...

It was interesting...

Yes, I am a tad concerned when that happens. It's scary in a way cause you can still close your eyes and feel moving objects through some sixth sense.

Old Post 05-15-2002 10:22 AM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Oh, well, yeah, when I close my eyes, I can totally hear like, if the TV's on (on mute ) or if someone's moving around in the next room, or usually sense if they're looking at me ... But that's normal, right?

Old Post 05-15-2002 10:27 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Prez...

No, 'cuz she doesn't have to tell me, I wouldn't know one way or another!!!

Venus...

That high pitched whine from TV's and the low-frequency thumping from people moving?

You've just got really good hearing in those frequencies...

...and the ability to notice what other's tend to "blot out".

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 05-15-2002 11:00 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Adonis, down the dosage.

Old Post 05-15-2002 11:33 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

quote:
Originally posted by Adonis:
I feel ridiculously aware of time. I mean, time feels wholly quantifiable. I can "see" it passing, can visualise motion through it and understand the difference between 4 seconds ago and 7 minutes ago with very clear distinction.

I've had several times where I've felt acutely aware of time - like in exams where you can almost feel every second passing. Time often appears to pass extremely slowly.

I'm not sure that's quite what you mean though, since you use the word 'see'. You say you visualized motion through time? Normally, when we look at moving objects we just accept that they do that - there's no focusing in on how or why it's doing that. Maybe the fact you were concentrating so hard on your surroundings - actually watching or studying motion and its passage through time and space - is what made you 'see' time rather than merely 'feeling' or 'sensing' it.

I'm not going to start another discussion on time, but I guess that since time is like individual frames of a movie, you may have managed to slow down time (from your perspective) enough to almost see that happening.

Old Post 05-15-2002 05:01 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

ah, like a 3d graph stretched along the 4 dimensional time axis, those were always cool to look at.

Old Post 05-15-2002 07:10 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis

quote:
Originally posted by kiya
I'm not going to start another discussion on time, but I guess that since time is like individual frames of a movie, you may have managed to slow down time (from your perspective) enough to almost see that happening.
Oh my god woman, that's it! I don't think I could have worded it better myself. It feels like I have been able to think and understand things for three seconds but only one has passed. Instead of being "in" time, you feel like an outside observer studying it's effects on others. I think what made me feel so lucid is the feeling that this may have been some indication I could control time with thought. Otis is really going to suggest dosage reviews, but I assure you good people I have not come to this state by any other means than thought. Regards seeing time, it was certainly more than simply a feeling that time was going slower (eg, as in "A watched pot never boils"). If felt truly like being able to get a new perspective. Just as the world looks different when you are raised up above it, (as in an aircraft for example) time became something I could look down on and observe. I feel quite ethereal trying to describe the experience to you, and believe all my descriptions and analogies to be lacking. Please form your own opinions on how it might feel.

Old Post 05-16-2002 05:19 PM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad fan
I'm mad!

Has anyone ever had an 'out of body experiance'? I haven't but I know someone who actually had a habit of doing it when she was at school, to the point where she had to stop. They did some experiments on people who claimed to have OBE's once, and it was found that they actually seemed to be able to see things in another room without moving.

I'm not particularly psycic that I'm aware, but I have the abiliy to block out noises completely sometimes, if I really try. The wierdest experiance I ever had was when I once woke up at about 3am with the thought in my head 'my earring's come out' and indeed it had. Pretty boring I know, but must have kinda crossed the sleep/awake thing somewhere and been half concious. (Does that make sense?)

Old Post 05-17-2002 05:56 PM
Mad fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad fan Click here to Send Mad fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mad fan Add Mad fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Oh yeah, being half awake/asleep is cool, you think the spider crawling across your face is really anise kissing you... sigh.

Old Post 05-17-2002 06:19 PM
Mad fan
I'm mad!

Erm... can't say I've ever dreamed that
Being psycic would actually probably scare me, but I suppose it would be cool.
I can read people well, can anyone else do that? I mean, I meet them and I instantly know if I'm going to like them or not.

Old Post 05-17-2002 06:39 PM
Mad fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad fan Click here to Send Mad fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mad fan Add Mad fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis

quote:
Originally posted by Mad fan
I can read people well, can anyone else do that? I mean, I meet them and I instantly know if I'm going to like them or not.
That's called presumption though. Really being psychic (jeez if such a thing exists) is different. You could be certain and warn people. Sadly these things don't exist, or someone would have known about 9-11.

Old Post 05-18-2002 12:12 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

"astral projection", the controled form of 'outer body experience" is quite a fun pastime, if you know what you are doing. My brother and i can do it, my mum too if she has the urge, and my dad is a medium, so i guess that can kinda be classed as the same thing...

Adonis - whose to say that people *didn't* know about 9-11? 'psychic' awareness is not a defined nor a specific art - it's more to do with 'feelings' and hints, rather than 'at 9:05 on tuesday the 11th yadda yadda..'... actually, i wouldn't doubt that there were people who would have specifically predicted or at least, had a sense of dread about it, but it's a) hard to get anyone to believe you and b) hard to get in contact with the right people to do anything about it.

It came in more subtle things - like, people walking to work instead of taking the train, and missing the event by a few minutes - they had a feeling or their subconcious told them to do things a different way, and thus avoided being killed.

But, you are allowed to have your doubts. I just dont think you should shut your mind off to the *possibility*

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 05-18-2002 at 01:46 AM

Old Post 05-18-2002 01:38 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Yeah, and the fact that 50,000 people worked at the Trade centre and at least 0.5 percent of them would have felt that there was going to be something happening on anyday of the week, wouldnt mean that 250 people would have missed the event regardless of what day it was.
I dont believe in it, because EVERY person "Ive" seen claim this, is a shady character who with any in depth look, turns out to talk crap.
Humans have an innate sense of intuition, that doesnt mean were psychic, we can often subconciously or conciously pick up many many signals and interpret them to mean several things, but that doesnt mean were psychic, and as I said, in the case of the trade centre... some people decided to take the train that morning? well, there were 50,000 people working, and a similar number of visitors everday, Id be surprised if a small percentage didnt do that.

Last edited by president doc on 05-18-2002 at 10:07 AM

Old Post 05-18-2002 10:05 AM
Adonis

Awareness
Awareness of mistakes and mixed words. Lack of awareness when it comes to those you know. I feel out of time.

Old Post 05-18-2002 06:36 PM