Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Awareness
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

Awareness

Well I do believe this is the first time I have actually started a thread, but I think it may also have been the first time I've felt good reason to.
Basically it's because I am feeling remarkably lucid at the moment and without having resorted to less than legal activities. For example, I'm sat at the dining room table, and I can see a lamp across the room which I am sure is 3 metres, 27 centimetres away. The bookshelf through in the other room (I can see it through the open door) is 8 metres, 3 centimetres away, and the picture above the fireplace is suspended at 2 metres, 64 centimetres above the floor. It's not only distance either, I feel ridiculously aware of time. I mean, time feels wholly quantifiable. I can "see" it passing, can visualise motion through it and understand the difference between 4 seconds ago and 7 minutes ago with very clear distinction. I feel like my head will explode because I've never "understood" time like this before. I have that Strange Feeling like with a bit of concentration I might detach myself from either space or time or both. Very strange. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-13-2002 11:05 PM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Sure, about everytime I've ever been either close to buying it or every fight/near fight/close tactical excercise I've ever been in.

Oh, and about every time I get close to this one particular woman...

...Scents, sights, sounds, watching thought processes go buy, noticing things you never saw before, "tunnel vision"...

...But it isn't "fight or flight" for me.

Enjoy it.

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 05-14-2002 12:29 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Have you tried medication ?

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:30 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Dito Deathbunny.

Hmm May ask yoi Adonis if you have anything important coming up? Like an event in your life that you mind is dwelling on? I used to find if i was going somewhere and i was nervous about it. I would be able to 'see' time passing by me. I would be aware of the speed that time was travelling at as it where.

Old Post 05-14-2002 06:08 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

hehe I've had similar things happening to me.

Old Post 05-14-2002 07:26 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I once had a taquito.
As for those awe inspiring moments, when for a brief moment, you understand it all, when its all so clear and obvious... we all have those occasionally... but theyre all too brief and slip away like sand falling through the cracks of ones fingers.
All you have left is the memory, but all the details are gone!

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:39 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis

quote:
Originally posted by O'Neill
Dito Deathbunny.

Hmm May ask yoi Adonis if you have anything important coming up? Like an event in your life that you mind is dwelling on? I used to find if i was going somewhere and i was nervous about it. I would be able to 'see' time passing by me. I would be aware of the speed that time was travelling at as it where.

I haven't slept more than an hour or two at any one time in the past week. That, and yeah, thinking of a few things.

Old Post 05-14-2002 10:52 AM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Adonis my friend that isnt good. That amount of sleep is unhealthy. If you are dwelling on something perhaps you need to do something about them. (im not saying get a shrink) Maybey find soloutions to your problems. I find when i am nervous or in that state that i notice things like you are doing just now.

Old Post 05-14-2002 10:56 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis

I did a degree in psychology. It's almost laughable to watch therapy these days. You can see them asking the questions to a client and think "Yep, textbook Rogerian approach" and it's like reading a script. Therapy is of no concern to me. Besides, the things bothering me are too many to mention, and too vague for me to picture. That however was not the reason I posted this thread. I was more concerned with whether other people had "seen" time before. Something like synaesthesia, though not quite, as it involves a crossover of senses and perception.

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:32 PM
Vern
ADSL Pirate

I have seen time before, when i had this bad hangover. It seemed like i could think a thousand different thoughts in a second.

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:54 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ColJ
Have you tried medication ?

In what sense - not enough or too much?

History is on the move. Those who can not keep up will watch from behind. Those who stand in our way shall watch at all......

Old Post 05-14-2002 05:15 PM
In 2 Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In 2 Deep Click here to Send In 2 Deep a Private Message Find more posts by In 2 Deep Add In 2 Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Ok, you have really freaked me out.

Get some sleep, or make money out of it

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 05-14-2002 07:27 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Once upon a time, as a young-ish teen, a friend and I stayed awake over the last week of Christmas Break...

...All week.

For fun.

Auditory halucination (we heard radio that wasn't on.) Things seeming to move around at the edge of our vision, senses of touch going haywire...

It was interesting...

For the first 2-3 days it was hard to stay awake. Afterward, it wasn't hard to stay awake anymore. At the end, we couldn't sleep. We ended up running until exhaustion.

We slept about 18-20 hours. Drank, ate, slept another 20 and finally back to normal.

Kinda' interesting experience.

Another time, during an FTX*, I had about 4 hours sleep total over 4 days and the last night...

...I swear to god, I saw a park bench and street light amongst the trees in the back woods of Fort Stewart, Georgia.

Logically, I knew it wasn't there. But I saw it...

Weird.

* - FTX = Field Training Excercise.

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 05-15-2002 12:10 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

I've had that happen to me a few times - i get really anxious when it happens, because i know that it's the universe telling me i should e doing something...

I've also had the completel opposite - Had blackouts where for several hours i can only remember a few minutes, here and there, of what i did or said.. like, i was only aware of myself for a few brief moments... I wasn;t drunk or anything like that either - apparently i tried to jump off a pier into a river, nearly beat up a few friends, was having an entire 4 hours of conversation that i have no recollection of. The others described it as if i was possesed. You see that kinda stuff in the movies (but hey, they have to be based on some facts, right?). It was a horrible experience, very painful and terrifying... I dont recommend it.

So Adonis - be greatful it was over aware, instead of under...

Old Post 05-15-2002 01:57 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

According to my future ex-wife, I'm a pretty good lover between 1am and 4am (Not that I'm bad elsewhen...)...

...and I never remember it.

Old Post 05-15-2002 02:42 AM