Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Coming up JAG's rear end...
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i know what the aussie airforce look like and the army and the navy i'll be able to tell as its the only one left

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-28-2002 10:44 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
i know what the aussie airforce look like and the army and the navy i'll be able to tell as its the only one left

Sorry, stupid Americanism... assuming that, in the absence of other evidence, someone's an American if they speak English.

(I usually do better.)

Except for the uniform info, the basic premise was right anyway as most of the US Naval tradition and much of the Commonwealth and Ex-Commonwealth naval tradition are all derived from the British... Including the ranks.

Also, much of the Commonwealth and ex-Commonwealth Army ranks come from the British and the American Army/Marine Rankings evolved from similar traditions (only more bastardized than the Naval versions.)

Aussie Ranks

US Enlisted Rank Comparison
US Officer Rank Comparison

From: http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/alm...nias/index.html

An Article on US Rank Traditions...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Last edited by Deathbunny on 03-28-2002 at 09:34 PM

Old Post 03-28-2002 09:22 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i know we have no ideas of our own. anyways i saw jag on thursay (last night) and it was so crap what session is it like its 6th? when you think about how manyt times can you see an ep that has a smart ass foot man who did something bad and he is up for trial over it or how many can you see with the big bad drill sarg who switched the wepons to see what they are like under fire with no help?

Old Post 03-29-2002 02:10 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
i know we have no ideas of our own.

I disagree.

The Owen SMG was outstanding...

...and why waste the time re-inventing the wheel (rankwise)?

Besides, tradition is a BIG part of the military "lifestyle", at least what I saw of it. It also makes it easier to work as a part of a larger team when there's some commonality in tradition and history...

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 03-29-2002 02:45 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

true true true
why waste your time when there are more important things to do like trying to look after timor and those countries

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:14 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
true true true
why waste your time when there are more important things to do like trying to look after timor and those countries

If that's in the best interest of your country, excellent point.

If not...

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:43 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

the dots do have a point

Old Post 03-29-2002 04:12 AM
GoauldGods

what is theyre point

Old Post 03-29-2002 08:02 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

then your ****ed

Old Post 03-29-2002 10:16 AM
GoauldGods

what im ****ed why

Old Post 03-29-2002 10:22 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

forget it did you read the thread?

Old Post 03-29-2002 10:24 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I get the impression that the lady feels strongly about Australian involvement in Timor and those other countries...

(Notice the three dots at the end of the last statement I made. I use those in an effort to provoke the reader to continue thinking along the lines of thought I started in the statement before them...

...Or when I want to infer I know something I may not and let the reader fill in the blanks, mentally or via reply, for me...

...or when the d#$%ed "." key on the keyboard gets twitchy!!! )

Old Post 03-29-2002 10:48 AM
GoauldGods

yes.. i did read the thread

Old Post 03-29-2002 11:20 AM